Help me decide on a new iMac or Macbook Pro

Im in the market for a new computer. I currently have a Macbook but its been a few years and I've decided its time for a new one.
I will be using it mostly for music production so it has to be able to handle Pro Tools and Logic well.
It's Processing power vs. Portability and convenience
Thanks in advance.
happy.gif

how important is the portability and conveience? are you looking at 13" or 15" models?

I would personally take the 15, its good enough for pro tools.

If you used your Macbook at a desk and rarely moved around...I would suggest the 27" iMac. If you need for school and need portability, the Macbook Pro. 13".

Im looking at the 15inch Macbook Pro. Portability is important because I take it to school. I go to school for audio engineering by the way, so I'm all over the place with it.
BUT I would get more for my dollar going with an iMac. Im just not sure how well Macbooks handle heavy tasks that go with those programs.

Originally Posted by Sellout

Im looking at the 15inch Macbook Pro. Portability is important because I take it to school. I go to school for audio engineering by the way, so I'm all over the place with it.
BUT I would get more for my dollar going with an iMac. Im just not sure how well Macbooks handle heavy tasks that go with those programs.

my best bet is going to bestbuy since they on sale right now and talk to them 

wait for the 15" MBP refresh.  faster processor for your audio applications, might want to upgrade to a SSD too 
pimp.gif
 (do the upgrade yourself to save money)

Originally Posted by kiendienn

wait for the 15" MBP refresh.  faster processor for your audio applications, might want to upgrade to a SSD too 
pimp.gif
 (do the upgrade yourself to save money)
When do they usually come out with the new ones?

Back
Top Bottom