Help me find another car, puhlease

Ok, so I'm currently in a 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5. Space and design wise, I like it. Wouldn't mind something similar, manual transmission with 6 cylinders.

I liked the Altima SE-R models back when they were out, so it would be cool to find something similar to those.

I'm looking to sell my 2006 Nissan Altima and get something else, preferably under $10,000.

TLDR:
Looking for a sporty manual transmission, 6 cylinder sedan under $10,000. Help

There's the accord v6 manual, great car, easier to work on and a little faster than your current.

Or subaru legacy 2.5 gt

5.3 0-60

Give DA hemi a run for its money

sporty 6 under 10? 

good luck. 

i looked for a long time before just dropping $$$ on a real sporty car

I have a friend who bought a 2001 BMW for about $4k

Check autotrader, you might get lucky

Manual trans in a sedan is tough these days.

If I were you, I'd look for an older TSX or TL with a 6MT, also maybe an older Max. Maybe a G35 sedan 6MT is in your budget as well.

The Altima SER is not a bad car, drove one when I was in undergrad and I love the sound and looks, but honestly any of them you'll find on the used market now will be beat to hell, poorly modified, or both. And that VQ35 can develop problems when miles get high (chain tensioners, oil consumption, etc).

A sporty 6 cylinder under 10k, I imagine is going to have high mileage.

Out of curiosity, why are you looking?

If its boredom, stick with the Altima and stack you money. Get a legit sports car in a year or two.

Talk to me. Give me some good suggestions for maybe a little more $
Someone said the accord v6 which is probably your best bet coming in at that 9-14k range.. Its gonna be cheap maintenance, reliable, and good on gas.

It just didn't have the torque i was looking for. Nothing really does in that range.

The legacy gt was a pretty good suggestion too. I didn't know it was in the 5s 0-60. But i don't know about reliability. I do know if the turbo gives you issues it will be pricey.

The G37 Sedan is the best bang for your buck used performance sedan out there. They're AWD, reliable and fast, gas mileage is under 20 from what i heard though. Not only that they didn't change the look of the car for quite a few years so they don't look outdated. (though i think the new model infinity is out this year). I think those are running about 15k. 

Be more specific with what you want out of the car. HOW Sporty? whats your budget for running costs.

If its boredom, stick with the Altima and stack you money. Get a legit sports car in a year or two.
Cosign

Last edited:
Keep the Altima bro 
nthat.gif

Wrecked my Altima for the second time and it's just time to get rid of her. I'll have a new front end and headlights, so it'll look nice and fresh. I just want to sell it or trade it for something else that will be more fun to drive and still functional.

This looks good. $12,000 for a 2006 BMW 530i

View media item 1437504

Last edited:
118K miles :x In a few years parts will be breaking down, labor and maintenance costs will go up and before you know it you'll regret buying it because upkeep is going to be pricy unless you can afford it. My suggestion is acura or honda for reliability but with that budget it's going to be hard finding one with less than ~100k miles on it and a well maintained one.

If you're going German think about the expenses and if you can afford the repair bills.

Who was that who claimed to be rich but was considering buying a 2013 car with like 170k miles on it?

Wrecked my Altima for the second time and it's just time to get rid of her. I'll have a new front end and headlights, so it'll look nice and fresh. I just want to sell it or trade it for something else that will be more fun to drive and still functional.

View media item 1437504

BMW are cars for people with enough money to lease new models and trade in every year.

My friend bought the denon model and his transmission went out. Couldn't afford 6k for the repairs and gave it back and messed up his credit.

Get a car that will take care of you and will be gentle with repairs and maintenance, that doesn't mean you have to settle for a boring whip. Euro cars have the worst value for a reason, when it breaks you're still paying to fix a car that was 35- 50k new.

Damn I love my Honda.

View media item 1437504

BMW are cars for people with enough money to lease new models and trade in every year.

My friend bought the denon model and his transmission went out. Couldn't afford 6k for the repairs and gave it back and messed up his credit.

Get a car that will take care of you and will be gentle with repairs and maintenance, that doesn't mean you have to settle for a boring whip. Euro cars have the worst value for a reason, when it breaks you're still paying to fix a car that was 35- 50k new.

Damn I love my Honda.

Word. You right, you right.

I wish I could get my hands on a SE-R Altima, but like dude above said, it's going to be beat... Might look into a G37... Eh.. I dunno.

I'll add that I drive a G37 6MT sedan now and LOVE it. It's a tad heavy for its size and the engine needs some RPM to make good torque, but it's a hell of a package (RWD + 6MT + 330hp) at a reasonable cost. Took it to the track last fall and fell in love with it again, absolute blast to drive, even tho Nissans manual trans is just ok. Also planning to add some upgrades soon (19 inch wheels, sway bars, intakes) to make it better, hopefully. The sport option also adds better looking bumpers and big brakes.

If you go that route, look for 2010+ (for the interior upgrades), might need to save up some more though.

Back
Top Bottom