Help me lose 12lbs in 5 weeks.

I am currently 185lbs and about 6ft tall. My girl bet with me that I wouldn't be able to lose 12lbs in 5 weeks. I'm currently playing basketball monday through saturday for about 2~3 hours and planning to lift weights at least 3x a week. What can I eat, drink and/or take to help me lose weight? Thanks in advance. 

I am currently 185lbs and about 6ft tall. My girl bet with me that I wouldn't be able to lose 12lbs in 5 weeks. I'm currently playing basketball monday through saturday for about 2~3 hours and planning to lift weights at least 3x a week. What can I eat, drink and/or take to help me lose weight? Thanks in advance. 

Your girl low key called you fat. 
laugh.gif

losing weight is 80% what you eat, and 20% exercise....it's all about diet...i suggest nothing but water and counting your calories...if you want to maintain your weight you take 185x15=2,775. This means that if you wanted to stay at 185lbs you can eat 2,775 calories and you will stay at that weight but you want to lose weight. Your target weight is 173lbs so to get down to that weight you have to drastically cut your calories to possibly 1,500 but no more than 2,000 calories a day and with exercise the pounds will shed off. A strict diet of three meals a day of high protein foods, vegatables, and fruits and you will lose more than 12lbs. If you stick to that diet and you will have no problems losing the weight and once you get to you target weight of 173lbs, don't eat more that 2,595 (173x15) roughly a day to stay at that weight. If you do not stick to the diet and eat greasy, fatty foods and drink anything but water (i e soda) this will not work. Hope this helps

losing weight is 80% what you eat, and 20% exercise....it's all about diet...i suggest nothing but water and counting your calories...if you want to maintain your weight you take 185x15=2,775. This means that if you wanted to stay at 185lbs you can eat 2,775 calories and you will stay at that weight but you want to lose weight. Your target weight is 173lbs so to get down to that weight you have to drastically cut your calories to possibly 1,500 but no more than 2,000 calories a day and with exercise the pounds will shed off. A strict diet of three meals a day of high protein foods, vegatables, and fruits and you will lose more than 12lbs. If you stick to that diet and you will have no problems losing the weight and once you get to you target weight of 173lbs, don't eat more that 2,595 (173x15) roughly a day to stay at that weight. If you do not stick to the diet and eat greasy, fatty foods and drink anything but water (i e soda) this will not work. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by s0313939

How do You keep track of how many calories you eat? What about like home made food?

Originally Posted by s0313939

How do You keep track of how many calories you eat? What about like home made food?

Changing your diet is key.

Just read post above me. I drank nothing but water and tea and ate lots of fruits and veggies.

Changing your diet is key.

Just read post above me. I drank nothing but water and tea and ate lots of fruits and veggies.

12lbs? 5 weeks? can be done easily.

drink nothing but water, eat clean, and hit the gym and you should lose weight.

12lbs? 5 weeks? can be done easily.

drink nothing but water, eat clean, and hit the gym and you should lose weight.

basically my diet was 4 eggs(280calories) , each egg is 70calories for breakfast, then a can of tuna(191 calories) plus veggies(200calories) for lunch, and then a hamburger patty(200calories) plus veggies for dinner(200calories), so my daily calorie intake when i needed to lose weight was roughly 1,071calories. As you can see with this diet i am not starving myself or missing meals and my diet was high protein. Basically you are gonna have write down the calories in each thing you eat in a given day and make sure it does not exceed 2,000calories because if it does you will lose no weight. If you are trying to seriously change your diet and lose weight, all your meals should be prepared at home so you can control how many calories you are consuming

basically my diet was 4 eggs(280calories) , each egg is 70calories for breakfast, then a can of tuna(191 calories) plus veggies(200calories) for lunch, and then a hamburger patty(200calories) plus veggies for dinner(200calories), so my daily calorie intake when i needed to lose weight was roughly 1,071calories. As you can see with this diet i am not starving myself or missing meals and my diet was high protein. Basically you are gonna have write down the calories in each thing you eat in a given day and make sure it does not exceed 2,000calories because if it does you will lose no weight. If you are trying to seriously change your diet and lose weight, all your meals should be prepared at home so you can control how many calories you are consuming

with the diet i just explained i went from 225lbs to 207 in roughly 2.5weeks, with minimal exercise each day

Back
Top Bottom