hemi is great, but lets face it, LS ENGINE is da greatest engines of our generation, LS swaps>*

Here's a good thread about how much boost a stock bottom end LS1 can handle....

http://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1056169-stock-bottom-boost-reliability-list-2.html

Some of these guys are running 12 lbs of boost or more on various turbo/sc engines...

I've been told that the stock bottom end will give out around 550 rwhp.... Some of these guys have gone in excess of that.... If you take the time out to read the thread all of the success stories say that it is all in the tune/fuel system....

Last edited:
Dobt be closed minded, LS swaps

Being embraced by JDM & euro shows

How easy & effective it is..fits

In everything cuz its compact for da

Most part.
I'm all for tuning.

But I shall remain closed minded to such blasphemous swaps

LS motor in BMW body?

Utter filth. utter utter filth

Granted everything you speak on the LS motor is true .. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Can you drop an LS into a smart car?
nerd.gif
probably da LS4 since smart car uses a transversely rear mounted engine.
Dobt be closed minded, LS swaps

Being embraced by JDM & euro shows

How easy & effective it is..fits

In everything cuz its compact for da

Most part.
I'm all for tuning.

But I shall remain closed minded to such blasphemous swaps

LS motor in BMW body?

Utter filth. utter utter filth

Granted everything you speak on the LS motor is true .. 
laugh.gif
exactly...
laugh.gif

IMG_5028-sema-2011-las-vegas-e30-m3-ls1-bbs-copy.jpg

At the Heatshield Products booth, they had this E30 BMW M3 as their display car.  With a wide body conversion that’s even wider than the OEM M3 box flares, this M3 was modified to accommodate wider wheels, which help put that V8 power to the ground.

IMG_5029-sema-2011-las-vegas-ls1-e30-m3-copy.jpg

The car was named SpeedByrd LSM3, and you can see why.  With an LS3 motor sourced from a Corvette this thing is sure to fly wherever it goes.

IMG_5023-sema-2011-las-vegas-e30-m3-ls1-heatshield-products-copy.jpg

Sitting on some BBS wheels, the E30 was built very well from front to back.  Would you like to rock this car as a daily? I know I sure as hell would.

light it, dont fight it...

There's times when all I can do is :smh: at the things you say Ninja

Then there are the times like these where you can speak no evil.

That BRZ with the LS swap sounded like a ******g beast. THAT is how it should sound. **** in my mind, thats how every sports car should sound.

I'm a hemi guy, but maaaaaaan... Some **** you just can't argue with.

'Murica :pimp:

Never understood why people would use the top of the line model for a swap. In order for the swap to work, everything needs to come out anyway and be replaced with a compatible trans, rear end, ecu, fuel tank, etc. so why start with an M3, when you can get any old 3 series.

Just skipped the last two pages, heard about this. Need a beater/commuter car, wouldn't mind scooping an old M3 and doing this swap.

What's the cost to have someone do this?

Just skipped the last two pages, heard about this. Need a beater/commuter car, wouldn't mind scooping an old M3 and doing this swap.

What's the cost to have someone do this?
bout 8-12 grand is good range, could cost less if you pick up alot of da parts in used, and it depends on labor and if da car you lookin for has kit already for it

or else engine mounts would have to be fabricated.

Never understood why people would use the top of the line model for a swap. In order for the swap to work, everything needs to come out anyway and be replaced with a compatible trans, rear end, ecu, fuel tank, etc. so why start with an M3, when you can get any old 3 series.
I don't know much about M3's but do they use a better rear end than the reg 3 series? Is the suspension all around better?? If not then I agree it would be better to use a regular 3 series.... But at then end of the day people are going to do what they want regardless if anybody else disapproves of it or not....

My%20FC.jpg

dunno bout that b.... RX7 are among da biggest candidates for LS swaps..
Im aware which is why I said especially in an FD because i've seen so many of them. I never really been that impressed when I see an American motor in a Japanese car wether it be at the track or on the street, its cool sometimes but idk. When I see an RX7 (one of my favorite cars of all time) im tryna hear that rotary engine going ham. Like when I see a Mustang I want to hear that American muscle. I get why people do it tho, LS are reliable, got power, and have parts for days.

3rd gen F body firebird fomula wit

A LS swap might just be what i aim

For next spring.

Back
Top Bottom