hemi is great, but lets face it, LS ENGINE is da greatest engines of our generation, LS swaps>*

all wheel drive LS1 swap  audi rs6
nerd.gif
nthat.gif

Dead *** I was coming back in here to see if anyone saw any S2Ks with LS swaps after I saw a Civy with an LS1 :lol: read my mind.

Damn I love swaps.

This thread has made me want a mini truck that much more.

Last edited:
Welp, euro & JDM snobs found a cure

For their high mileage cars going

plunk...throw in some american

muscle :pimp:

tell you what, da only downside i see, is good look ever getting a matching # modern muscle car in da future...

tell you what, da only downside i see, is good look ever getting a matching # modern muscle car in da future...

Yes and no.... It really depends on the owner and the circumstances surrounding the car.

Most of these swaps are done on cars that already have replacement engines, or more commonly empty shells with no drive train.

Very few people are willing to destroy the value of their car by taking pristine, preserved numbers matching cars and throwing in modern crates... and the people who do usually keep and store the original engine/transmission so if they ever decide to sell they can return the car to perfect stock and sell it for alot more money. This is particularly common with the old numbers matching Hemis... those engines despite their performance (when running right) are VERRRRYY unreliable. Its really a win/win... Dont risk blowing an OG motor/****** and have more reliable driver that far outperforms the original.

Looks like you set on copping 3rd gen :smokin

Just my Personal opinion but the car you posted looks like an early model and I never really liked the way the front ends on those sit so high, same thing for the Camaros in those years :x

I like the styling of the Mid to late 80s years the best (85-89 I think ?) Ive always preferred the simpler Camaros but as far as the Birds go I think the middle years really got the styling right. Trim just flows perfectly with the lines... Nice and boxy :nthat:

View media item 559673

The last few years they got really rounded in the front and while alot of people love them, personally I cant stand the way they.

View media item 559674

Q) Can I use a Vortec truck engine to swap into a car?

A) Yes, but you may have to do some “mixing and matching” of LS and Vortec components to make it work. Vortec truck intake manifolds are rather tall and may not fit under the hood of the vehicle you are swapping this engine into. Solution, use a LS style intake which has a much lower profile. Remember that the manifold port shape must match to the cylinder heads being used. Cathedral to Cathedral, Rectangular to Rectangular, LS7 to LS7. You will also have to swap fuel rails, throttle body etc.

The water pump may have to be changed as the truck style pumps have an outlet/inlet the sticks up in front of the throttle body when you switch to the low-profile, LS style intake manifold. Also as part of this, you may have to switch the other belt driven accessories to a car style due to clearance issues with the frame (A/C compressor may hit the frame rail and need to be relocated) and or the hood (high alternator position used on trucks).

Q) Why would I want a cast iron truck block when I can have an aluminum block?

A) Many reasons. The weight “penalty” is only about 65-80 pounds. But a Vortec cast iron block is still about 30 pounds lighter than the old, Gen I small block Chevy! Vortec Cast Iron truck blocks are much more plentiful than the aluminum blocks and thus they should be cheaper. How many Chevy, Hummer & GMC trucks and SUV's have been built with V8 engines since 1999? Millions! How many LS engines in Camaros, Corvettes, GTOs , G8 GT and a few other applications, not quite as many!

Another advantage the cast iron Vortec blocks have over the LS aluminum blocks is the ability to over bore the cylinders. Aluminum blocks have rather thin cast iron cylinder liners that severely limit the possible overbore sizes. Cast Iron blocks can be bored much larger than their aluminum counterparts without the same concerns. It is possible to bore a 5.3 cast iron truck block to 5.7 so you can use the LS1 and LS6 pistons. Do you want me to tell you about boring and stroking a 5.3 cast iron truck block to make a 383? Stroker kits are available!

If you need more information and parts for your LS or LS-inspired Vortec engine, head on over to the LS Speed Shop where all we do is LS and Vortec parts and accessories. Parts for you LS or Vortec engine swap or parts for your New Camaro, GTO, CTS-V, Corvette, and soon Chevy & GMC trucks.

Http://www.LSSpeedShop.com
looks like LS engines will be around for a LONNNNNNNNNNNNG time...

Looks like you set on copping 3rd gen
smokin.gif

Just my Personal opinion but the car you posted looks like an early model and I never really liked the way the front ends on those sit so high, same thing for the Camaros in those years
sick.gif

I like the styling of the Mid to late 80s years the best (85-89 I think ?) Ive always preferred the simpler Camaros but as far as the Birds go I think the middle years really got the styling right. Trim just flows perfectly with the lines... Nice and boxy
nthat.gif

The last few years they got really rounded in the front and while alot of people love them, personally I cant stand the way they.

firebird formulas (da ones i like) didn't come with da extra bodykit like da GTA and da trans-am that made da body look like it sat lower.

i like it like that because it removes weight, and it comes with da turbo bulge hood..carand driver actually reviewed it back in da day and it was faster

than da trans-am because it didn't have da weight from da extra bodykit panels.

102035_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

89' firebird formula

112897_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

90' firebird trans-am GTA

they were both made simultaneously depending on your taste.

which will someday raise the value of today's muscle cars insanely.

Back in the day having the original matching numbers meant nothing. Much different than today where numbers are EVERYTHING. You've got the shells of first Gen camaros being worth thousands more than others just because the VIN reads SS or Z/28 vs it just reading the plain jane V6.

My uncle, back when he was 15 and had all the time in the world, but no money bought a '68 El Camino SS off his boss at a boat shop. It was all original, just needed some TLC. My uncle tells the guy to knock a grand off the price and keep the engine. So he takes home his El Camino, shell and spends his high school years building a 302. At the time he was racing in his Vega vs all the rich yuppie people from Willow Glen (traditionally wealthy area in San Jose)

Edit: Actually, he has an all original '68 RS Camaro. If it were numbers matching SS or Z/28 the value would double possibly even triple if it was a Z/28 or ZL1

Last edited:

which will someday raise the value of today's muscle cars insanely.

Back in the day having the original matching numbers meant nothing. Much different than today where numbers are EVERYTHING. You've got the shells of first Gen camaros being worth thousands more than others just because the VIN reads SS or Z/28 vs it just reading the plain jane V6.

My uncle, back when he was 15 and had all the time in the world, but no money bought a '68 El Camino SS off his boss at a boat shop. It was all original, just needed some TLC. My uncle tells the guy to knock a grand off the price and keep the engine. So he takes home his El Camino, shell and spends his high school years building a 302. At the time he was racing in his Vega vs all the rich yuppie people from Willow Glen (traditionally wealthy area in San Jose)

Edit: Actually, he has an all original '68 RS Camaro. If it were numbers matching SS or Z/28 the value would double possibly even triple if it was a Z/28 or ZL1
i think it means alot more back then because back then there were no "packages" you could basically go to da dealer, and check on or off

anything you want on da list thus making your car EXTRA unique....

I got a 2003 Cadillac CTS with 175K on it.... Is it worth it to throw in the LS engine? what would it run? would i have to do anything else to it? There is nothing currently wrong with the Caddy, just wondering

I got a 2003 Cadillac CTS with 175K on it.... Is it worth it to throw in the LS engine? what would it run? would i have to do anything else to it? There is nothing currently wrong with the Caddy, just wondering
Considering the same generation CTS-V came with an LS6 or LS2 I will say yes...

Whats that run bro? I dont know **** about cars, i just drive the whip to work and back basically.. Love my car though, just had it for a long time. Would i need to do anything extra besides swap the engine?

Whats that run bro? I dont know **** about cars, i just drive the whip to work and back basically.. Love my car though, just had it for a long time. Would i need to do anything extra besides swap the engine?

IF THAT'S ALL YOU WANT TO DO WITH THE CAR THEN IT MAY NOT BE WORTH THE COST AND TIME FOR YOU TO DO A SWAP.

I just did a quick search and didn't find any useful info. the extent of my search came up with:

1) Engine and trans
2) engine harness
3) maybe from cradle from a junk yard for a cts-v
4) maybe a different radiator and many hoses and etc minor things.

Most people we saying its a waste of time and to get a CTS-V which the car came with the LS motor stock.

I just did a quick search and didn't find any useful info. the extent of my search came up with:

1) Engine and trans
2) engine harness
3) maybe from cradle from a junk yard for a cts-v
4) maybe a different radiator and many hoses and etc minor things.

Most people we saying its a waste of time and to get a CTS-V which the car came with the LS motor stock.
its pretty easy to swap a ls1

even deloreans getting love...

Back
Top Bottom