Here's a thankless job that DESERVES every dollar of your tip....

Yall the same democrats that complain about the people with money wanting to keep all of it and out here complaining when the govt tries to get rid of certain programs.

But you out here talking bout you don't want to tip a person making less than minimum wage trying to make their way in this country.

It's like you only want to help the lower class when you're on the benefitting side of it...
I'm not these ppl but you're ignoring some of the logic here.

If those democrats got what they wanted and the ppl with money started coughing up more cash there'd be even less reason to tip because the ppl making less than min wage would be getting paid more.

That last statement is even more telling, you want the lower class to start giving up money to the even lower class?
Thought it was universally known that tipping service industry worked was a common practice. Funny thing is all the non tippers would complain if they were on the other side and got stiffed.
No I wouldn't. I'd quit my job, go back to school or take online courses so I could pursue a better paying job.

If you knowingly accept a job that pays you less than min wage, you're basically agreeing that the work you're doing is valued at less than min wage. If you do any job expecting to get extra money because you did what you were suppose to do you gotta ****** up world view.

This is all very idealistic of you.
Pablo at the car wash can't just quit his job and go back to school.
Hes only been in this country 2 years and has kids back home at Nicaragua that rely on him to send money back home.

YOU would go back to school cause YOU were born in this country and have every opportunity afforded to you. Not all people share the same circumstances as you so I would never sit here on my high horse and talk about the things I would do.
I am not them and they are not me.

Look I'm not saying every person in the person industry falls under this but I'm aware enough to know that I can't make my tipping decisions based on what I would do if I were in their shoes.

Some jobs rely on tips. If I know I have a big issue with tipping I won't go to an establishment where the person servicing me is relying on my tip.

The good folks working outside at the car wash. Got a mini heat wave here in the DMV and when I went this morning around 9am, it was already over 80. These folks are busing their butts out there in extreme heat (on asphalt) making sure your whip looks right. It was so bad, I saw some of the employees using the compressed air gun to cool themselves off. I usually tip well at the car wash, but today was one of those days where I took a minute to really think about the thankless job each of them do.

*salute*
laugh.gif
that ***** so dangerous

So yall tip barbers? How much?

so if your cut is $20 and you tip $5 and you go weekly, thats a hunnid a month vs 80!!

I bet if some o yall moms washed my car and i didn't tip her youd be mad as hell.

When I lived in South Carolina I won a free detail coupon from some random drawing. So I take my car in and they detail, not very well, but hey, it was free and I wasn't even too concerned. So when homeboy waves his towel to let me know he was done, I slid him a 20. I look in my console and all of my console change was gone. I didn't raise a fuss or nothing, I did however speak with the manager about the theft and dude was cool, he went and got my tip back, and gave me in cash half the value of what a detail would cost. I wash and wax my own from that point on. Damn it Charleston.

When I lived in South Carolina I won a free detail coupon from some random drawing. So I take my car in and they detail, not very well, but hey, it was free and I wasn't even too concerned. So when homeboy waves his towel to let me know he was done, I slid him a 20. I look in my console and all of my console change was gone. I didn't raise a fuss or nothing, I did however speak with the manager about the theft and dude was cool, he went and got my tip back, and gave me in cash half the value of what a detail would cost. I wash and wax my own from that point on. Damn it Charleston.

Was it a cactus carwash?

I dont eem know how much a carwash is??

i refuse to pay for a car wash

why pay for something you can do yourself and do a better job than the machines

only takes like 20 minutes of your time
Takes me hours. I wash, polish and wax. I'm not trusting some goon at a dirty public car wash to touch my cars.

Takes me hours. I wash, polish and wax. I'm not trusting some goon at a dirty public car wash to touch my cars.

I was gonna say, it never took me 20 minutes, at least a couple of hours. I try to do it when the sun is going down, or early on Saturday morning.

Last edited:
I got no patience to do all that, place by me does all brand new Audi's for customer pick up so I take it there

No I wouldn't. I'd quit my job, go back to school or take online courses so I could pursue a better paying job.

If you knowingly accept a job that pays you less than min wage, you're basically agreeing that the work you're doing is valued at less than min wage. If you do any job expecting to get extra money because you did what you were suppose to do you gotta ****** up world view.
That's easy to say.. have you ever been in such a situation?

How do you expect to survive until you finish your education in hopes for a higher paying job? If you're already working a low wage job, what are the chances of affording tuition for said classes? 

It's easy to say that people are "choosing" to work low paying jobs, but the truth is that some people simply have no choice. They gotta keep the money coming in somehow, as little as it may be.

Good JJs doesn't live in NY or this would have turned into a tipping x all NYers are soft cuz 90 degrees isn't a heatwave thread and NT would have imploded

Why can't dudes just come out and say "I don't tip because I'm cheap" and stop all foolishness

This is my FAVORITE mindset

thank you for compensating the my employees so I can have increase MY profits while lowering MY lower costs.

I especially thank you for getting people to think its the consumer who's being cheap rather than me, the employer.

luh u, famb

Why can't dudes just come out and say "I don't tip because I'm cheap" and stop all foolishness

thank you for compensating the my employees so I can have increase MY profits while lowering MY lower costs.

I especially thank you for getting people to think its the consumer who's being cheap rather than me, the employer.

luh u, famb

It's tippers like myself that make it possible for your cheap *** to continue to pay 2.95 for your car wash.

Wash the grease off your face bro.

I tip my barber but I get a cut every 3 months so he earns it whenever I go for cleaning me up to shine out here. Plus it's my childhood barbershop so I always show love. I always hit DIY car washes and spend a few hours unwinding to my self cleaning the car.

luh u, famb

It's tippers like myself that make it possible for your cheap *** to continue to pay 2.95 for your car wash.

Wash the grease off your face bro.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I will never apologize for having a high standard of tipping.

If you do what is REQUIRED for me, I do what is REQUIRED for you.

Where can I get a $2.95 car wash doe? :nerd:

One dope thing about CA and like 6-7 other states is that employers are required to pay state minimum wage even if you employ tipped individuals.

When I was a teenager I started working as a take out bagger at a restaurant (and sometimes I did table waiting.. but more often than not I did take outs)

EVERY SHIFT I ever had I walked out w/ the most tip money. My lazy angus co-workers were always FURIOUS when I (WHO WAS DOING TAKE OUT ORDERS) walked out with 2-3 times their tip money.

"Its not fair" - The person who was always in the back/kitchen area on their phone

"Wow, you're lucky" - The person who dropped food and/or drinks 4-5 times a night

It was interesting though.. the more I went above and beyond what people expected, the more unfair and lucky i was becoming.

What a concept.

luh u, famb

Famb stop :lol:

There is tons of things that cause distortion when it comes to compensation

For example:

How about the government stop letting your employer get a tax break for amount he pays for your health insurance.

That way when you employer pulls your health insurance for being too expensive, you will know that your employer is being cheap and not the government.

You my brah and all, but your pores looking type clogged

Maybe you should take Diego's advice and.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom