Hey guys we are starting IVF! Trying to join the NT Dads club

So anyways I really dont hold out on much with you guys, so im sure the majority have seen me post about our issues conceiving, well its been tough...specially having all your boys become dads, seeing dad threads on NT :lol: just flat out being 31 and ready and not being able to....but where there is a will there is a way, 7 months ago we got a fertility work up and I was diagnosed with the issue, apparently the percentage of actual good swimmers was pretty low, so chances of natural conception were slim to none...so the Doctor left us with the only choice of IVF (InVitro Fertilization) where the egg is pretty much taken out and fertilized outside with only good sperm, then placed back in. Thing is this procedure ranges anywhere from 15-35k :frown: we were on the low end of the scale, but still tough, specially being that my wife is unemployed. I was desperate and even hit up Meth about wanting to start a group fund raiser and posting about it on here....decided against it, did more research and i found out there are government grants clinics were given to help couples who met the criteria....something a clinic wont tell you to stash their money :rolleyes

anyways, i brought this up and they had us apply and we were approved, so the 15k came down to 5k :smokin and we took the plunge....we have a long road ahead and no guarantees but we are hopeful and wanted to share with the NT fam, maybe there are some other NTers going through something similar or considering it, in which case i can walk ya through what ill be going through.

To all you fellas out there with kids, God bless ya, you guys have no idea how lucky you guys are that can naturally conceive.....really appreciate that gift bruhs is truly priceless.

Wife and I decided to start a blog, she likes to write, i love to take pics, so we are gonna document the whole process, i mostly want to do it, in order to one day share with the kid or kids (hopefully) but i figure this can also serve as inspiration or hope for others, maybe even educational.

Maybe NT can help us choose a name if it works :lol:

http://our-ivf-story.blogspot.com

thanks bro, feel free to send good vibes our way fam, we couldnt be more excited to have picked up a sharps container from the pharmacy in our lives :rofl:

dude good luck, nice to hear you got your costs down some people can only afford to give this thing one shot in their lifetime 

Last edited:
dude good luck, nice to hear you got your costs down some people only give this thing one shot in their lifetime 

i dont blame them, its really not affordable and not all couples who cant conceive naturally actually have any extra funds, there are financing options, but the terms are worst than financing a car, ive noticed clinics fail to educate couples and rather stick them head first into a crazy loan, glad i was able to figure it out...

OP

L-Arginine

Its a wrap , she getting preganant caught me slipping after 10 years and low sperm count. 2 weeks and she got preganant instant i was shock cause i was going raw dawg for 8 years.

You take l-arginine, its a wrap

Meds alone were 10k :rofl:

the 4-6 week prep period my wife has to go through is insane tho, i feel like scum being that im the one with the fertility issue :frown:

OP

L-Arginine

Its a wrap , she getting preganant caught me slipping after 10 years and low sperm count. 2 weeks and she got preganant instant i was shock cause i was going raw dawg for 8 years.

You take l-arginine, its a wrap

my sperm count was great, i believe it was the motility and morphology.....so there were really no medications or treatment for that...

Good luck man.

I don't have any kids yet, but I do have three nephews. Watching something grow from an infant to a very opinionated 4 year old is so trippy.

Wish you all the success in the world man.

Good luck man.

I don't have any kids yet, but I do have three nephews. Watching something grow from an infant to a very opinionated 4 year old is so trippy.

Wish you all the success in the world man.

mannnnn who you tellin!....we have a niece and shes actually 4 now, love her to death dawg....shes like my mini bff

View media item 776287

Good for you man. Hope it works out.

I forget to ask and I don't remember if it was brought up in the old thread but did you every consider having a male family member donate sperm? :lol: :smh: :nerd: Seriously though.

damn brotha. hope all works out and you and your wife pop a well dressed baby out soon 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom