Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am just curious. I can understand shutdown dining hurt business who selling alcohol/drinks or "dining experience" like bars, nightclubs, lounges, brews places, etc. For regular restaurants, why is doing take-out not enough? Not every restaurant is fully seated even before pandemic. OK, I guess dim sum places are exception lol.

imo, small / old mom and pops places don't have the technology to keep up with today's world. i know some restaurants that are selling more than they were before the pandemic on take-out orders.. while other hole-in-the-wall spots are dying because they dont want to or know how to do uber eats, post on ig, post on facebook groups, etc.

I had a positive test result on Monday. Aside from SLIGHT congestion last Monday and Tuesday, no other symptoms at all.
My daughter got tested and it came back positive which is the only reason I even got tested, since I had no reason to believe I would be positive.
I've been contacted by the local health department and answered a bunch of questions but other than that, I've been very lucky it seems.
I got tested at the Veterans Hospital by the way, had my results in an hour.
Stay safe everybody.

A lot of places won’t do uber eats due to quality control.

we don’t but have a pretty big following and can run the place with 3 people during corona doing to go so the overhead is tiny.

I am just curious. I can understand shutdown dining hurt business who selling alcohol/drinks or "dining experience" like bars, nightclubs, lounges, brews places, etc. For regular restaurants, why is doing take-out not enough? Not every restaurant is fully seated even before pandemic. OK, I guess dim sum places are exception lol.
one big issue is people are using delivery services, which can charge up to 40 pct fee. for larger companies, they may be able to negotiate a lower fee because of their multiple locations. it's one thing if people are actually ordering in and picking up their orders
restaurants are already working with slim profit margins

imo, small / old mom and pops places don't have the technology to keep up with today's world. i know some restaurants that are selling more than they were before the pandemic on take-out orders.. while other hole-in-the-wall spots are dying because they dont want to or know how to do uber eats, post on ig, post on facebook groups, etc.
People got to adapt in today's climate. I'm sure it's easier said than done, to be fair.

I know of one fine dining restaurant that turned into a fast food takeout joint because of covid

Other places started advertising on insta and are shipping their food nationwide

Gotta adapt.

My boy just opened a place selling Mexican meal kits. All scratch stuff you just take home and reheat. He makes is own tortillas from corn he imports from Mexico etc etc.

This fool just sold 5000 tamales! :wow:

yea you gotta adapt. He made a place that will survive a pandemic.

we went from selling high end food to the best burgers, pizzas and fried chicken around to go. It is what it is. Fresh pasta and scallops don’t travel well but at least we’re still open and actually hiring...

i think in a lot of urban areas where folks dont have cars/their own transportation combined with the costs of delivery services on both ends makes it much tougher to survive on take out alone.

like, I live in SoCal so I can drive out to get takeout from a local mom and pop but I assume someone in NYC where it's snowing and people rely on subways/cabs, takeout is much more of a hassle

People got to adapt in today's climate. I'm sure it's easier said than done, to be fair.

I know of one fine dining restaurant that turned into a fast food takeout joint because of covid

Other places started advertising on insta and are shipping their food nationwide

Gotta adapt.
was working for a rest mgmt group, they started selling meal kits at large chain supermarkets and doing shipping for their higher end spots. however, other restaurants remained closed
it sucks for the mom and pop spots that spent what little money they had to build outdoor diining only to have it closed
some of these restaurants use to cater to the offices at work

Yeah it’s garbage, I’m placing 100% of the blame on the government. They preach small business this American dream that and then **** on them when it comes down to it.

yeah sure close them if you want but pay them. I don’t wanna hear we don’t have the money to pay them. You wanna close them then pay them.

Rwanda, in central Africa, was one of the most aggressive. On January 31, it cancelled flights from China. A week after the first case slipped through the net in March, it suspended international flights altogether, closed its borders and told people to stay indoors. “This is what any country should have done,” says Agnes Binagwaho, vice-chancellor of Rwanda’s University of Global Health Equity. “We didn’t do this because we are rich. We did it because we are organised.

:nthat:

The lessons of Covid-19

https%3A%2F%2Fd1e00ek4ebabms.cloudfront.net%2Fproduction%2F2f835af7-fee8-416f-bdc1-da1fc01cd430.jpg

Graves prepared for victims of Covid-19 at a cemetery in São Paulo in August. Brazil has recorded more than 155,000 Covid-19 deaths © Jonne Roriz/Bloomberg

In assessing whether the world could have been spared the Covid-19 pandemic, it is helpful to consider the question in two parts. First, how prepared were societies for the almost inevitable emergence of a disease against which humans had zero immunity? And second, how did they handle it once it actually struck? Those fighting infectious diseases had for decades been warning about the risks of a pandemic. It was dangerous to pigeonhole pathogens as “tropical diseases” in an era of jet travel when microbes could hitch a ride to anywhere on earth, they say. “I think that, in the mindset of the west, it was always a threat that was for the developing world, especially for Africa,” says Mr Nkengasong. “The characterisation of ‘tropical medicine’ meant ‘these people in Africa or the tropics’, which were considered a ‘museum of diseases’.” In 1981, Richard Krause, former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the US Congress: “Plagues are as certain as death and taxes.” Jonathan Mann, a pioneer of HIV research in the 1980s, wrote that Aids was trying to teach humanity “that a health problem in any part of the world can rapidly become a health problem to many or all”. The world desperately needed a worldwide “early-warning system” to detect the eruption of new diseases. Without it, he warned, “we are essentially defenceless”.

Have the chance for moderna next tuesday. Idk if I should take it or get the pfizer instead if given a chance?

The failure in the testing system by this government is pathetic and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. Idc if you hate Trump or have a photoshopped photo of him and Jesus shaking hands as your iPhone wallpaper. Dude's staff and his decisions have been horrible. There is absolutely no reason why TEN months since Covid hit NYC that people have to wait 3-4 hours on line for a single test.

Back
Top Bottom