Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was at the gym yesterday and now you're supposed to wear a mask even when on a distanced cardio machine smh. Saw someone get called out on this but they then put their mask on but still had the nose exposed. Don't think any worker called him out on that. So essentially wearing a mask at many of these places just comes down to doing enough so they don't get shut down.

I was at the gym yesterday and now you're supposed to wear a mask even when on a distanced cardio machine smh. Saw someone get called out on this but they then put their mask on but still had the nose exposed. Don't think any worker called him out on that. So essentially wearing a mask at many of these places just comes down to doing enough so they don't get shut down.
It's "hygiene theater." Typically used to refer to washing surfaces, I think it also applies to forcing people to put a mask next to their face but not actually caring about whether they do it properly.

I finally decided to go back to the gym on Monday since March of 2020, heres my thing on mask in the gym. Everyone going to the gym is an adult, no grown up is supposed to be reminded on wearing a mask or keeping it above the nose. I get it hard wearing a mask , working out and etc. My alt to that is trying to run outdoors when the weather is about 35. Trust me in from NYC i know its hard and I also run outdoors when the weather is above 35. PS I MIISED THE GYM BAD. I got tired of the at home work outs

Everyone going to the gym is an adult, no grown up is supposed to be reminded on wearing a mask or keeping it above the nose.

mase-gif.gif

Yep probably since last April/May what adults are supposed to be doing vs what's actually done by many are very different smh. After mask mandates were made a thing around May here last year it still amazes me all the signs around my workplace (a medical center at that) stating masks are required. Does any normal adult not know that?!?

Anti Asian attacks on the rise out here in the Bay, especially towards the elderly. Stay vigilant and try not to let them be alone.

I’m currently living in notoriously racist Chicago, and my girlfriend of East Asian descent still feels safer here than she does in heavily Asian Cali and NYC. She’s afraid to go back to the Bay with me after constantly hearing of all these unprovoked crimes against Asian people and property. There have been some incidents here and there here, but nowhere near the amount of violent attacks that taken place in other metro areas. Maybe there are so few Asians here overall (I think it’s 10% of the population) that the racists here don’t really see them as a threat.

it’s been frustrating to really put emphasis on this issue with a lot of non Asian people in the US. The response seems to be “you guys have it good overall” “Asians can be racist too” type of deflections.

Last edited:
I’m skeptical on the claims that things are getting better. The deaths are insanely high still and don’t appear to be getting better unless the data that we see now is backed up.

I’m skeptical on the claims that things are getting better. The deaths are insanely high still and don’t appear to be getting better unless the data that we see now is backed up.

I want to be optimistic that as more and more vaccines are administered cases will come down to the point where almost everything will be open again, including going to a concert or a sports game.

Although mask wearing is here until 2022 for sure

I want to be optimistic that as more and more vaccines are administered cases will come down to the point where almost everything will be open again, including going to a concert or a sports game.

Although mask wearing is here until 2022 for sure
The numbers said it needs to be 75%-80% of the population to achieve hurd immunity. Not quite sure it teaches that level

When it comes to being in large gatherings for most places, I’m probably wearing a mask going forward in life now. I haven’t been sick in a year and that is a first. I usually get sick once a year.

Are vaccinated folks dying? They haven't really said. My areas hospitalizations are down but deaths are quite steady.

Are vaccinated folks dying? They haven't really said. My areas hospitalizations are down but deaths are quite steady.
Think it’s too early to know but I’ve been hearing about vaccinated people being reinfected quickly after taking both doses.

Back
Top Bottom