Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Saw Fauci saying widespread vaccine for the general public should be available by early summer. I'll believe when I see it judging by how the current rollout is going.
The past couple days we've been doing over 2M vaccines per day in the US. I expect that number to rise to 3M per day soon enough. I estimate we only have around 200M people who actually want to get vaccinated and the rest either have a condition that doesn't allow them to be vaccinated, are children who the vaccines haven't yet been approved for use, or are just ignorant. So far, over 50M doses have been administered. 200M people need 400M doses, so we've only got 350M to go. At the current pace of 2M per day, we'll be there in less than 6 months. At 3M per day, we'll be there in less than 4 months, before the end of June. I honestly feel Fauci is underpromising and anyone who wants one should be able to get an appointment for their first dose BEFORE summer.

The mask info by Blake P Blake P is awesome

I just gotta say. I work outside and usually have a runny nose from general cold and weather conditions. Since wearing a general surgical mask, my runny nose is down some 90%. Is there some science backing here ? A basic cloth mask literally froze. I have some orders in for those ten $10 kn95 masks from Office Depot .. I think I need more of a dome circumference over my face. A flat material feels useless in many instances.

I have seen double masking take over too. So people are listening.

Im a bigger larger human so I can barely get by with a basic cloth mask. I’m trying to follow science

The mask info by Blake P Blake P is awesome

I just gotta say. I work outside and usually have a runny nose from general cold and weather conditions. Since wearing a general surgical mask, my runny nose is down some 90%. Is there some science backing here ? A basic cloth mask literally froze. I have some orders in for those ten $10 kn95 masks from homedepot.. I think I need more of a dome circumference over my face. A flat material feels useless in many instances.

I have seen double masking take over too. So people are listening.

Im a bigger larger human so I can barely get by with a basic cloth mask.

if you have allergies, it could just be shielding your nose from exposure to the allergens.

in cold dry weather, mucus helps keeps the nostrils/air warm and moist so a mask would block exposure to cold air.

For those that double mask, what's your setup?

I just read an article where they're saying you shouldn't use kn95 or n95s. Those alone should be fine...and if you wear a cotton one over them, they will mess up their chapel and the fit.

I don't know what to think anymore, but this variant scares me.

For those that double mask, what's your setup?

I just read an article where they're saying you shouldn't use kn95 or n95s. Those alone should be fine...and if you wear a cotton one over them, they will mess up their chapel and the fit.

I don't know what to think anymore, but this variant scares me.
we wear a n-95 and a surgical mask over it at work. that's standard practice at my hospital.

I'm actually kind of annoyed by the lack of push of information on the flu prior to this. Didn't know folks were really dying from the flu much less 60k a year some years.
we took it as a given that flu season would come and we couldn't really do much about it outside of a vaccine that was not always effective.

between making it the norm to stay home if you're feeling sick and wearing masks in public for the winter, we could make flu seasons a thing of the past.

I also think rapid diagnostics will become more prevalent and that'll help stop the spread of many viruses.

we took it as a given that flu season would come and we couldn't really do much about it outside of a vaccine that was not always effective.

between making it the norm to stay home if you're feeling sick and wearing masks in public for the winter, we could make flu seasons a thing of the past.

I also think rapid diagnostics will become more prevalent and that'll help stop the spread of many viruses.
Looking forward, I really hope schools learn from this and do a better job of screening students, requiring masks (at least during winter months), and encouraging better hygiene and distancing. It always annoyed me when I volunteered in my kids’ classes and there would be students who were obviously sick but their parents sent them anyway. I never got sick so often as when my kids started school and brought all that stuff home.

I’m definitely wearing a mask going forward in large gatherings. This is the longest I haven’t been sick and I love it.
I was thinking the same. Haven’t been sick in a year. Neither have my kids. We go out and do things still. I even workout daily in the cold outside. Not even a runny nose this year. Never going on public transportation in the winter without a mask. That’s generally how I get sick.

Looking forward, I really hope schools learn from this and do a better job of screening students, requiring masks (at least during winter months), and encouraging better hygiene and distancing. It always annoyed me when I volunteered in my kids’ classes and there would be students who were obviously sick but their parents sent them anyway. I never got sick so often as when my kids started school and brought all that stuff home.

I swear that after I left high school my rate of sickness, whether the flu or the cold, dropped by like 2/3s. And our classrooms were small, under 30 students per. And I commuted to undergrad by train so that can be removed from the variable computation.

I swear that after I left high school my rate of sickness, whether the flu or the cold, dropped by like 2/3s. And our classrooms were small, under 30 students per. And I commuted to undergrad by train so that can be removed from the variable computation.
Are you going to take the vaccine?

Don't discount places actually cleaning and spraying stuff too. . Work places/offices are vectors for spreading germs and sickness. Not sure we'll ever truly get back to the way it was. And maybe that's a good thing.

IMG_20210218_080554.jpg

Back
Top Bottom