Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Word is that the free rapid test program through USPS will start up again tomorrow: www.usps.com/covidtests

I’ve got quite a few expired tests, so I could use some more. Cases are exploding in my area, doubled in 1 week. Christmas gatherings are gonna be a superspreader.

I stopped looking at case numbers cause I really don't think its a super accurate representation anymore. I've been looking at sewage concentration instead because luckily my area collects data on that.

waste.JPG

Another update since guess im the only on here that took the Paxlovid.

Woke up feeling ok again, not too bad same as yesterday basically. I tested positive on Tuesday, felt sick on Monday. I was using Tylenol every 4-6 hours for the chills up until yesterday when I didnt really need it anymore, so win there. I hadnt had any Paxlovid side effects til this dose though (its 2 doses a day am/pm 3 pills each dose), which gave me bad tummy aches for maybe half an hour and then some diarhea. A couple of times today the tummy aches came back but not as bad and not as long. I still feel tired overall, still just have an overall feeling of sick.

I’m glad I’m not the only one… I’ve been following the wastewater data these days for a more reliable real time indicator of how Covid is acting in my region. There’s less gray area about testing being reported and all that. It’s not perfect but it seems more reliable than the reported positives.

Anyone had their kids get bivalent boosters yet? I have 2 kiddos under 5 and saw that the FDA just approved it earlier this week but haven’t seen the availability of the vaccine anywhere yet.

I’m glad I’m not the only one… I’ve been following the wastewater data these days for a more reliable real time indicator of how Covid is acting in my region. There’s less gray area about testing being reported and all that. It’s not perfect but it seems more reliable than the reported positives.

Anyone had their kids get bivalent boosters yet? I have 2 kiddos under 5 and saw that the FDA just approved it earlier this week but haven’t seen the availability of the vaccine anywhere yet.

My kids just got their 3rd dose of the OG in July, so I'm planning to get them boosted in January, 6 months later. FWIW, I spaced them out 6 weeks between dose 1 and 2, then 6 months between dose 2 and 3. After this I'm thinking every fall/winter prior to the holidays for the whole fam, just like flu shots.

It should be available at major pharmacies like CVS and Walgreens.

What disgusts me and makes no sense is seeing people who actually wear a mask, pull it down to cough and pull it back up afterwards. WTF are they even thinking.

I do this when I sneeze but obv cover my nose or make sure no ones around. Cant have a soggy mask.

The bivalent is the only booster you can get isn't it? Or is it reformulated for under 5s?

The bivalent is the only booster you can get isn't it? Or is it reformulated for under 5s?
AFAIK, bivalent (Pfizer or Moderna) is available for under 5’s as a 3rd dose if they have only received 2 doses so far, but if they have already had 3 doses of OG they are not eligible for a 4th dose of bivalent yet. 6 and up are eligible for bivalent as 3rd or 4th dose.

Feel fone again today, goddammit still cant taste food. I usually am like this when im sick but this day 4 no taste, doesnt last this long. As least ive been good on the diet since well...

Was fixing up a coffee this morning with my usual sugar and vanilla and then I was like why am I doing this. :lol:

Another update since guess im the only on here that took the Paxlovid.
i took paxlovid. the only side effect was “paxlovid mouth” and that was horrible. felt like i was breathing chlorine. i had some mild covid symptoms for a half day and that was it. started taking paxlovid the day after i tested positive.

i’m currently in tokyo and in the city it’s seems like more than 99% of people wear masks. lots of poorly fitting procedural masks but lots of decent masks too. no bandanas/gaiters in sight.

Last edited:
Have there been reports of anyone testing positive after getting the bivalent shot??

Man watching the news and seeing airports crowded with like 90%+ unmasked just doesn't feel right.
I haven't flown out in a year is this the norm now?

Have there been reports of anyone testing positive after getting the bivalent shot??

Man watching the news and seeing airports crowded with like 90%+ unmasked just doesn't feel right.
I haven't flown out in a year is this the norm now?
Yes, vaccines will never completely prevent infection of ANY respiratory pathogen. That’s what respirator masks are for.

i shake my head when i coworkers come into the work sick :smh: turned into a small outbreak
thank god, i am not in this week

We snitch on them to get them sent home. No mercy.

We had a small Covid outbreak and we’re not trying to deal with that bs again. We all live there when it’s bad weather. Take your sick *** out of the dorm and go home. 🧏‍♂️

We snitch on them to get them sent home. No mercy.

We had a small Covid outbreak and we’re not trying to deal with that bs again. We all live there when it’s bad weather. Take your sick *** out of the dorm and go home. 🧏‍♂️

I still think back to when the gyms re-opened and we're all hooping. All of us had gotten vaccinated except for one of my friends since he did "research."

We all left his *** on the sidelines by himself looking like Millhouse throwing the frisbee to no one, whereas we all ran the 5s

alone-milhouse.gif

Had another team member text me that they test positive and now out. Reminded the rest of the team to stay home if they feel ill and no one is pressuring to come to work.

I feel like it's just the start of the new peak for this cold/covid/flu season.

Be safe everyone!

Had another team member text me that they test positive and now out. Reminded the rest of the team to stay home if they feel ill and no one is pressuring to come to work.

I feel like it's just the start of the new peak for this cold/covid/flu season.

Be safe everyone!
I just hate that we have to tell people to stay home if sick

I thinks it's more to it than people wanting to come to work sick. The people I've seen do it are the ones who don't get paid if they don't go to work. Thankful I'm able to call out anytime I feel different.
Yeah, I can see people who don't have PTO/Sick leave forcing themselves to work. But everyone person on the team has plenty of accrued time off AND choose to be in the office.

Back
Top Bottom