Hispanics & Blacks...

i dont know what hidden part of the bay youre talkin about but ive lived here for my whole life and latinos and blacks hated each other forever

I stay in Frisco. I see what you're saying but I'm referring to just regular cats. If you want to mention the norteños/sureños and HP/Fillmoe/PH/ etc,then yeah most of these cats don't like each other. But this goes back to gang territory - it's not so much about the race but about the gang.

Dominicans don't like black people.....at least da old school ones, comes from us treating da Haitians like crap...dominicans that are born here are coolerwit em..but it depends wit da upbringing...

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Here in the bay, latinos and blacks get along just fine. I think the only people that have a problem with each other are those that are in gangs. You have certain gangs that are mostly populated by latinos and/or blacks and when they get on each other's block or something that's when they start beefing. But if you're referring to your regular cats, then they all get a long. I'm latino most of my friends are black and a few latinos.

I'm black and filipino and I got hella black and latino friends too. I think ya'll think the west coast have that racial tension but I thinkit's mostly in LA, SD, and Fresno. But in the bay, we don't have too many racial issues, like dude said above, it's mostly just turf war and @+!$.

i get along with latinos cause i see them as black folk but lighter, i mean were both at the bottom in this country so why not get along, i mean man my littlesister is half rican, so over here its not a problem, i live in seattle by the way.

Well, atleast as far as Mexicans go there's a tendency for Mexicans to look down upon people of a darker colored skin, even in their own race.
ohwell.gif
So that attitude's definitely gonna cause some tension...

It really depends where you are, what social group of each race your dealing with (prep, athlete, gangmember etc), and sometimes what race/eth YOU are.

I live in TX...Im (afro)Colombian and I hang out with mainly black people.

I've had hispanic friends (since I fall under that category myself) and messed with hispanic chicks but the more racism I heard from them the more Istopped hanging out with them. Alot of the racist ones I'd meet listened to hiphop and used "N_ " nonstop but would talk reckless at the lunchtable about the black man.

I've never gotten along with white hispanics because of the Colonial mentality alot of them have in their native countries about race and class...Iain't with that. I hate to generalize but it ends up being true way too often. A white Mexican or Colombian or Cuban or w/e will make some casual racistside comment out of nowhere in the discussion, only to be followed by some classist remark towards poorer darker skinned hispanic since that's the waythey've seen it in their native country all their life.

I've had lots of afro-latino friends since we share common ground and sometimes see eye-to-eye after being stuck in the middle in race relations (black orhispanic, one or the other etc).

Racism/classism is VERY much alive in Latin America and very present among Latin Americans in the USA...often times it's worse than what you'llexperience from white Americans. If you don't see it you're most likely on the other side of the spectrum if you catch my drift.

I've been called N_ by more hispanic people than I have by whites....

Back
Top Bottom