HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

Well it’s funny you mention anniversaries because tomorrow (11th) is the anniversary of the 2001 version. Here’s the rest, love you guys and gals.
XI Cool Grey (Retro) (20 Years)
1615436561592.jpeg

IX Bred Patent (3 Years)
1615436961271.jpeg

VI Alternate (4 Years)
1615436495826.jpeg

XXXI Black Cat (4 Years)
1615437019287.jpeg

XIV Candy Cane (Retro) (9 Years)
1615437079519.jpeg

IX Silver Anniversary (11 Years) I don’t even remember these.
1615436921233.jpeg

IX Olive (Retro) (19 Years)
1615436452124.jpeg

1 High Black Gray/Toe Gray (35 Years) I couldn’t find a photo of these this is the closest I couldfind.
1615436236153.jpeg

Yesterday celebrated 2 years of the Dream it Do It IXs and 3 Years of the Michigan XXXII Lows and XXXII UNCs.
I am legit fascinated with how you even have all of this info ready to post on the daily, and how much time you must spend researching and cataloging it all LOL
Good times back then
I miss northland..even though I seen alot of shady stuff in there lol ..
The Concord drop was the first time I ever experienced any issue buying a pair of the new Jordans, especially on release day. I was home from college and slept in that morning. Oakland Mall was my main mall back then; I'd been shopping in that Footlocker since 8th grade. Called before I drove over to buy a pair and they said sold out, which stunned me. Called Northland, which I rarely ever went to and only for its abundance of shoe stores. Guy said almost sold out. Jumped in the car and got the last sz 11 from Champs. Ended up having to return them a month later because the midsole started peeling off after I played in them a few times. I was so bummed. Never saw Concords again in another Michigan store.
And yeah, Northland was shady, which is why I didn't go there often :lol:
But I was sad to see it go.

Last edited:
The Concord drop was the first time I ever experienced any issue buying a pair of the new Jordans, especially on release day. I was home from college and slept in that morning. Oakland Mall was my main mall back then; I'd been shopping in that Footlocker since 8th grade. Called before I drove over to buy a pair and they said sold out, which stunned me. Called Northland, which I rarely ever went to and only for its abundance of shoe stores. Guy said almost sold out. Jumped in the car and got the last sz 11 from Champs. Ended up having to return them a month later because the midsole started peeling off after I played in them a few times. I was so bummed. Never saw Concords again in another Michigan store.
And yeah, Northland was shady, which is why I didn't go there often :lol:
But I was sad to see it go.
You’ve come a long way since then, buddy. Now you can wear them for your house slippers.

You’ve come a long way since then, buddy. Now you can wear them for your house slippers.
My frustration over that OG Concord experience is what makes owning that shoe probably the most meaningful to me to this day. I must've called every Footlocker etc I could in search of a new pair, and couldn't find one. For a while, I expected them to restock everywhere, like Jordans always had until that point. But nope. It never occurred to me to call Eastbay, I probably could have gotten a pair that way. But it was the dark ages compared to now. I was programmed that I had to buy shoes in my local store, or that was it. There was no sneaker internet, no eBay for sneakers, etc. Hell, I didn't even have a credit card LOL

My frustration over that OG Concord experience is what makes owning that shoe probably the most meaningful to me to this day. I must've called every Footlocker etc I could in search of a new pair, and couldn't find one. For a while, I expected them to restock everywhere, like Jordans always had until that point. But nope. It never occurred to me to call Eastbay, I probably could have gotten a pair that way. But it was the dark ages compared to now. I was programmed that I had to buy shoes in my local store, or that was it. There was no sneaker internet, no eBay for sneakers, etc. Hell, I didn't even have a credit card LOL

No kidding I crawled through several stores out here in Vegas for those when they released too...Never experienced anything like that before then...Was totally crazy to me at the time...Eventually tracked a pair down in my size at a Sports Authority right before Christmas ‘95...Little did I know but a few months later I’d be going through the same mess for the Black / Red’s 😂...

Also speaking about Eastbay and no credit cards.......................C.O.D. Clutch...

No kidding I crawled through several stores out here in Vegas for those when they released too...Never experienced anything like that before then...Was totally crazy to me at the time...Eventually tracked a pair down in my size at a Sports Authority right before Christmas ‘95...Little did I know but a few months later I’d be going through the same mess for the Black / Red’s 😂...

Also speaking about Eastbay and no credit cards.......................C.O.D. Clutch...
Yup. Everything about buying Jordans changed that day in '95. I was so confused by it all. But after what happened to me with Concords, I was at my local Footlocker before it opened for the black/red release that April. And there were other people there, too. It was nuts to me. I remember telling some of my friends about it later that day, and they were like, wait what? People were lined up for the Jordan release? LOL
And that's the way it was from then on. I went to a Sports Authority before it opened to get the Taxis on release day the following year. Was only one other dude there with me, but I think some of that was because Sports Authority wasn't really known as a place to buy Jordans. Oddly, I remember the mall near my college campus had the black-toe 13s on the shelf for at least a little while after they released. I don't know if people just didn't dig them as much as the 11 and 12, or maybe it was just that mall. Same thing happened in the same store with the black-toe 14s. Those two models definitely didn't sell out there immediately.

That said, I think the XIs were so coveted because, besides being wild with the patent and looking like no other shoe up until then, it was the 72-10 season, MJ had basically just come back from baseball, and the hype/buzz about the whole thing was at an all-time high. The Air Jordan X wasn't really an exciting shoe, so the XI represented the first new Jordan release since the VIII that people could buy that Mike himself was wearing on the court at the same time as it released. There was pent-up desire to get in on the Jordan/Bulls action.

:rofl:

yeah that’s that stress belly. Him having relations with a 15-16 year older when he was playing for Boston will do that to you.

More like the result of being off the juice since his MLB career ended. Everyone knew Roger Clemens was on steroids, especially when he played for the Astros in the 2000s because how the f was he over 40 and that swoll?

Steroids are just a lose-lose situation.

Either you die like a lot of pro wrestlers did in their 40s or 50s. Ultimate Warrior came to mind because that MF abused the hell out of them! It's surprising he didn't die in the '90s being that jacked up on them. But it finally got him in 2014 due to heart issues.

Or if you live, there are side effects just like how Clemens got that fat getting off them after he got out of the game. Hulk Hogan also came to mind because his side effects were advanced as hell aging and losing all his hair on top. I think steroids made Hogan end up looking like a Kung Fu master with that hair loss and especially that mustache.

Back
Top Bottom