Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

Yo stop trying to derail. Go make your own thread if you feel like arguing

And I'm done trying to educate some of you with your piss poor public school education.

Egypt just like most countries has been conquered over the years. Conquest brings with it intermarriage and the adoption of the culture of your conquerors. Modern day egyptians are a product of centuries of conquest. Their curly/nappy hair makes it obvious. The europeans/arabs that conquered them, "lightened" their physical appearance to the point where they almost "don't look black"

Last edited:
Nothing in Hollywood is by coincidence. People get so wrapped up in the overt message that more times then not the covert messages passes straight by their conscious mind into the subconscious

This is going to fly right over most people's heads. These are the type of people who also believe music is only for "entertainment".

What is an ethnic look for black people. Please tell me.

ethnic basically means to share the same customs, religions and origins according to MW. so as black people once upon a time being classified a minority (they still are but in reality they are not) they were deemed as "ethnic" because they were different from people of some sort of European descent (which were the majority). Now people hear ethnic and just assume it is the equivalent to black.

Last edited:
Are you a Black woman....How the heck would you even venture to assume why some of them do it?

Most Black women prefer to only date Black men, so I don't know how they are doing it to gain acceptance
gain acceptance from whites aka work force, aka living in a predominant white area, aka trying to feel accepted in a majority white area/field etc... If you think black woman are bleaching skin/lightening cream etc... wearing weaves just cause, and has absolutely nothing to do with being more accpeted by whites your just being delusional now and dishonest. Its the same as wearing a suit and tie in a corporate setting, its to be accepted, fit in if you will.... the same reasoning is for the weaves etc..... the same for awhile there wasnt black men (especially like news anchors etc...) who wore facial hair outside of a mustache....and never wore anything outside of a pc even all over, a fade or a low fro. 

By that thinking everybody is doing sometime to gain acceptance by another race

Which is false

Last edited:
Classic deflection.

Last couple pages don't even have anything do with the topic.

He has points but they're unrelated to Hollywood whitewashing.

A black person who doesn't fit under the labels he made can criticize Hollywood whitewashing AND black people who live by a european standard of beauty.

Dude is in here acting like 100% of black people do the things he's talking about.

Don't even respond to shoelyesses shoelyesses

By that thinking everybody is doing sometime to gain acceptance by another race

Which is false
to extent yes..... but how many are denying their culture/race and uplifting and praising worshiping someone elses? Down to their physical appearances? Folks wanna bring up stuff like eminem lol... but he is just embracing a music/culture that is associated with a.a..... its not like he changes his physical look aka try to darken his skin, cut his hair and replace it with a kinky/nappy weave all to gain acceptance from a black audience. All while denying his race, and dissing it and belittling it. And seeing his white skin, and the texture of his hair as a negative thing.

Everyone keep saying all/absolute...as i never said every single black person on the planet earth... what i said is that blacks more then any other race do this... and a good amount of blacks do feel as if white=right.... to say it is nonexistent is foolish. And my point as to hollywood is one.... why complain about the depiction in movies/tv shows etc... when by the numbers you arent even supporting these type of movies.

It would be like folks complaining about there isnt enough conscientious rap, when your not supporting buying the social conscious rap thats out now.... and majority buying stuff like waka flocka, rich homie etc.... So why itch and complain oh they made cleopatra white....and wish they would make her black, when you wasnt even gonna go see the movie, and instead was gonna see madea breaks from prison, or think like a man act like a woman anyways. 

And why are you gonna sit/complain if the make a mlk lena horne movie and a white woman plays her and you hate how she has long blonde hair, blue eyes etc.... while you sit up with a long fake blonde weave, and blue color contacts. 

I honestly don't see Black people or any other ethnicity belittling their culture in droves actually I see quite opposite

I gave you examples of tanning, native Animistic cultures converting to Christianity, Asian skin bleaching, women from all different races dying their hair

I don't think you are being intellectually honest in trying to relate those examples to your examples

Seriously I find it hard to debate with you when you are reaching this hard

Thread went from Hollywood whitewashing to black women don't love themselves. I wonder... are white people who tan, get lip/cheek/butt injections ashamed of their race?

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] what in the hell is dude talking about ? I'm 25 and live in DC..where exactly is this majority of women wearing blue contacts and bleaching there skin at ?? Like dude said classic defection with a weak overall argument.

Meanwhile White people tan like no tommorow and clown each other for being pale all the time.

The topic at hand is the fact that christian bale playing a ancient Egyptian is ridiculous which IMO can't be argued. Like they really gave the sphinx euro features smh

The topic at hand is the fact that christian bale playing a ancient Egyptian is ridiculous which IMO can't be argued. Like they really gave the sphinx euro features smh
why is it ridiculous.....? is he not an actor? isnt he a pretty decent actor at that? isnt acting pretty much pretend make believe? he is pretending to be egyptian, same way someone pretends to play a cop, a soldier, etc.... its all the same.

I honestly don't see Black people or any other ethnicity belittling their culture in droves actually I see quite opposite

I gave you examples of tanning, native Animistic cultures converting to Christianity, Asian skin bleaching, women from all different races dying their hair

I don't think you are being intellectually honest in trying to relate those examples to your examples

Seriously I find it hard to debate with you when you are reaching this hard
but again they arent doing it for acceptance or seeking approval of another race.....(outside of some of the asians in some cases) and even then it isnt a overwhelmingly majority of the race that does it. Its safe to say that an good amount/majority of blacks do NOT wear their hair natural. And most black woman have weave and it is the depiction of white ppl hair..... and they do see it as better then their natural hair, and wear it as a mean of being socially accepted and distancing themselves from a more natural/real look. Be it conscious or not.

why is it ridiculous.....? is he not an actor? isnt he a pretty decent actor at that? isnt acting pretty much pretend make believe? he is pretending to be egyptian, same way someone pretends to play a cop, a soldier, etc.... its all the same.

In that sense why have specific roles at all then ? Let's have Megan Good play George Washington then ...angelina Jolie play Hitler. That doesn't fly. This movie is supposed to be grounded in reality dude

It's hilarious clowns use the same tactics every time whether its on here or in real life, once they start getting exposed they start babbling and deflecting in order to make you forget the original issue at hand and make you confuse yourself lol

In that sense why have specific roles at all then ? Let's have Megan Good play George Washington then ...angelina Jolie play Hitler. That doesn't fly. This movie is supposed to be grounded in reality dude
why not if she could depict him and was actually a decent/good actress then sure.... you have ppl playing biopic of musicians and cant sing/play an instrument worth a damn. how is that grounded in reality. So a white man playing a egyptian is absurd because it isnt based on reality...  but a actor can play iuno prince in a movie and cant sing/dance/play a instrument yet that isnt grounded in reality?

why not if she could depict him and was actually a decent/good actress then sure.... you have ppl playing biopic of musicians and cant sing/play an instrument worth a damn. how is that grounded in reality. So a white man playing a egyptian is absurd because it isnt based on reality...  but a actor can play iuno prince in a movie and cant sing/dance/play a instrument yet that isnt grounded in reality?

Jesus Christ

And let's not even get into the fact that a lot of our own cultures an values were robbed of us by the white man all while pushing there views upon us ...but that's a whole another topic

This is like having Chinese actors in a Civil War Movie.

Jet Li as Abraham Lincoln.
but they had daniel day lewis play him in lincoln...and wasnt lincoln mixed.... why isnt there an uproar about that, and why arent ppl saying oh lincoln shouldve had a mixed man playing him...having someone white is crazy. 

Last edited:
but they had daniel day lewis play him in lincoln...and wasnt lincoln mixed.... why isnt there an uproar about that, and why arent ppl saying oh lincoln shouldve had a mixed man playing him...having someone white is crazy. 

with your logic TI's wife would be the best candidate to play Abe Lincoln because she's Mixed and Talented.

And let's not even get into the fact that a lot of our own cultures an values were robbed of us by the white man all while pushing there views upon us ...but that's a whole another topic
that is true..... but that was then..... aint like those are the times today..... aint no brown paper bag test still going on, aint no one taking every reading/learning material from you and leaving you with nothing but a bible. but yet in still you got black folks trying to appear look less black to get out the field and step up into the big house type of mentality aka changing appearance.

Last edited:
with your logic TI's wife would be the best candidate to play Abe Lincoln because she's Mixed and Talented.
no thats yall logic saying a white man playing a black person is wrong, so why isnt a white man playing a mix person not wrong. thats like saying its wrong if robert downey played mlk in a movie, but it would be ok if he played barack obama in a movie. 

that is true..... but that was then..... aint like those are the times today..... aint no brown paper bag test still going on, aint no one taking every reading/learning material from you and leaving you with nothing but a bible. but yet in still.

So 400 years of oppression goes away that quick ? And u watched too much TV to truly believe in your head the things you've typed. All the while ignoring that the tanning industry is huge and is imo about the equivalent to young black girls and weave.

Are you for real or trolling?

I'm not responding to your stupidity either way but for your sake, I hope you're trolling.

Back
Top Bottom