Basically the lifetime movie that they did on Aaliyah was wack
Or at least the characters looked NOTHING like they were supposed to
Missy wasn't fat with finger waves
Timberland wasn't fat
They were all light skinned
Basically they didn't even try in the looks department
I didn't see the movie
But that's the jist I got from all the Instagram posts that day
Everyone was mad cause nobody looked even remotely close to who they were based on

Black folks did the MOST over that Aaliyah movie
But we ain't saying **** about this
mean.gif
Crazy thing about it Lifetime ratings went through the roof.

have you been to most black homes and churches? they still have white jesus hanging up on the wall

Very true but it is never promoted in mainstream media that jesus was black... with Egypt it's at the very least known that people in that area were of a dark complexion and that the pyramids looked a certain way... this movie simply decided to erase ALL of that.

Very true but it is never promoted in mainstream media that Jesus was black... with Egypt it's at the very least known that people in that area were of a dark complexion and that the pyramids looked a certain way... this movie simply decided to erase ALL of that.
Mainstream media will keep white washing as long as black people remain ignorant towards their history. Ironically, these 'Jews' know that he is darker in color when they write their scripts and cast the characters but they will never portray that, why should they? Matter of fact, black preachers enable this stereotype all the time. Always preaching that "it doesn't matter what color Jesus was, he loved all people the same" nonsense. Well if it doesn't matter, then why is the portrait of Jesus white in society and in the media? That's my qualm I have with these black churches, history and self-love need to be preached FIRST before any religion can be understood IMO.

Christianity is a sham period. Its satanism underneath the surface. Black church...white church...they all under the same act.

But that's none of my business tho.

Last edited:
Christianity is a sham period. Its satanism underneath the surface. Black church...white church...they all under the same act.

But that's none of my business tho.

Same thing i was thinking when i was going thru my religious quest

Word. Ish is sad. You got n****s like airmax that wanna believe black history started when the slave ships landed here. Dudes don't realize black history goes back further than that
Mainstream media will keep white washing as long as black people remain ignorant towards their history.

it's like watching a car crash. you HAD to watch to react.

and it's not fair to compare the response to the Aaliyah movie to Exodus because Exodus isn't out yet.
What their trying to say is, people have their priorities all mixed up. Let Alyiah be played by a white woman and see what happens :lol:

Last edited:
There are PLENTY of people who dispute and dislike that, but when you have something that's been hammered into society for thousands of years that will tend to happen.

“I can’t mount a film of this budget, where I have to rely on tax rebates in Spain, and say that my lead actor is Mohammad so-and-so from such-and-such…I’m just not going to get it financed. So the question doesn’t even come up.”

And there you have it folks, like stated earlier, making movies is a BUSINESS, and it all comes down to money

A big-budget flick without the A-list stars is simply unable to attract the requisite financing, and rightfully so IMO

So you may be compelled to twist this movie into a "putting down the black man" type scenario, and I suppose I can understand this being the typical knee-jerk reaction these days (not at all saying it's universally warranted), but as always, broadening your scope helps uncover the bigger picture

(I also happen to think it's a joke to expect historical accuracy from Hollywood, but I guess we all have our expectations...)

Last edited:
Movies, to the scale of a big-budget studio flick, are products, first and foremost

Studios commit to making these products for what purpose?

To serve a racist agenda? Or make as much money as possible?

If you want to look beyond the studios and into the audiences, then you're straying from the topic at hand

Note: HOLLYWOOD is the first word of the topic...

Now why would Christian Bale, a bankable star, attract more ticket sales than a no-named Middle Eastern actor?

Oh wait a second, you're digging for the answer that all white people are racist because they demand movies with white people in them, right? And look at how well-received films with minority casts are, including from their corresponding minority audiences (possibly echoing the lack of self-support in the minority communities, but don't want to derail any further)....

It's all about the $$$

Last edited:
ur still defending racism with racism and just using "$$$" to justify it

its perpetual

if $$$ is the basis, then racist/prejudiced movies will never stop being made

its perpetual

define "its"

answer you seem to be driving at resides in your response, and I do not agree that it is some sort of responsibility that movie studios, aka businesses, should assume. If you think businesses should take it on the chin to prove a point, well that's your opinion, but the more practical solution lies within the audiences, not the movie makers. No other point of mine that I care to argue, so consider the above rhetorical.

Last edited:

its perpetual
define "its"

answer you seem to be driving at resides in your response, and I do not agree that it is some sort of responsibility that movie studios, aka businesses, should assume. If you think businesses should take it on the chin to prove a point, well that's your opinion, but the more practical solution lies within the audiences, not the movie makers. No other point of mine that I care to argue, so consider the above rhetorical.
its = entertainment industry

little kids and grown adults and everyone in between  learn  their stereotypes/values from movies/entertainment

there is a responsibility, just because theyre "businesses" doesnt give them the excuse to "perpetuate" these lies

Shoot, your response compelled me to reply...

You say people are being educated by Hollywood, and want to make it the responsibility of the studios to be the educators, yet don't see the problem here?!

Yes a responsibility exists, never said one didn't, but you want to snatch it out of the hands of the people and tossed it over to "the man"? You think someone looking to make money has YOUR best interest in mind??

Rather than leading you down the wrong path, I'll fill you in ... the responsibility is in the PEOPLE, which is not at all what this thread is about, OP clearly made it seem the root of the problem is the studio heads, and clearly that is not the case.

By all means keep up the finger pointing, I'm sure it'll serve you quite well ... :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom