Hollywood needs to stop with the whitewashing vol. Exodus: Gods and Kings

Idris Elba plays Ramsey

Jon stewart plays Moses

Good day

why can't moses be played by a black guy too? there were Ethiopian jews. (i'm just ******* with you now.)

my whole thing was, egyptians aren't caucasian americans. and the ones that i know (which are the present day gene pool), which is about 6 from grad school. all either look middle eastern or like light skinned blacks. ****, one had hair kinkier than mine.

but damn, the next movie coming out, Jamie Lannister and Gerard Butler play Egyptian gods. That doesn't offend you?

Last edited:
I don't be surprised

You can walk in any non minority church and Jesus will be some blonde hair blue eye figure :lol: I'm like damn I didn't know Jesus was supposedly from Europe

No, the refresh around 2000.

exactly

why'd they do that? and The Kingpin?

The Comics changed Nick Fury to a black man around 2000, Sam Jackson didn't portray him on screen until 2008. I don't know why they did it, but stuff like that happens all the time in Comics...Not really a big deal. War-Machine (also black) was originally introduced to take Iron-Mans place. Ultimate Spider-Man replaces Peter Parker with Black-Hispanic Miles Morales.

These are fictional characters and most of the time their race doesn't make a difference one way or another. What bothers me much more is when they change trademark traits that have always been associated with the character. Take for example the new Ghost Rider comics trading in his bike in favor of a Dodge Charger. His motorcycle has been as much a part of the character as the character himself. Changing his bike to a car eliminates a huge element of the character and negates his backstory as a daredevil stunt rider.

Even more egregious is NBCs upcoming "Constantine" series based on the HellBlazer Comic books, banning cigarette smoking on screen. John Constantine has always been a chain smoker; his smoking and eventual lung cancer play a central role in what is the single most definitive HellBlazer story. They've worked it out so the show will allude to him being a smoker by showing ashtrays and having him playing with his lighter, but never actually show him smoking. Still... its not the same, Constantine was a chain smoker and his constant smoking is an extremely important character element that greatly effects the story. Showing some conveniently placed ashtrays and and a man fiddling with his lighter doesn't capture the essence of the chain smoker he is supposed to be portraying and in my opinion takes away integrity of the character.

I find it funny that Nick Fury, The Kingpin and more recently, Johnny Storm, are the characters people are always the first to complain about. The Johnny argument might hold some water because he is Susan Storms brother and she is still portrayed by a white woman, but adoption is a simple explanation that pretty much deads that debate. Nobody ever complains about Ras Al Ghul, who was originally of Arabic descent being portrayed by an Irishman... Or Bane who was originally Hispanic being played by a white guy (and played very poorly I might add :lol:).

Race changes in comics and film adaptations of comics don't really bother me, because in 99% of the time race isn't a defining characteristic of the Hero/villain. The only poorly cast character I can think of where race is somewhat important to the characters history was Idris Elba as the Norse God Heimdallr. This bothered me for 2 reasons: 1: Idris is a wonderful actor and incorporating him into the universe with such a minor role seems like an incredible waste of talent. I would love to see him in the new Marvel universe playing a much more central character with more screen time. and 2: :lol: Black Vikings ?... where they do that ? I'm curious to see what the future holds for my beloved Comic Book Heroes, but as long as the Lex Luthor stays rich and Superman stays an Alien, I don't think the world is going to implode. :lol:

Last edited:
why can't moses be played by a black guy too? there were Ethiopian jews. (i'm just ******* with you now.)

my whole thing was, egyptians aren't caucasian americans. and the ones that i know (which are the present day gene pool), which is about 6 from grad school. all either look middle eastern or like light skinned blacks. ****, one had hair kinkier than mine.

but damn, the next movie coming out, Jamie Lannister and Gerard Butler play Egyptian gods. That doesn't offend you?

Bruh I'm with you 100%

My problem is that it's a choice Hollywood makes in the casting. That's why I said the pharaoh could be someone different cause at the end of the day a black Moses would not work in America :lol:

But my issue is the choice for Ramsey. If they were gonna go with actor like that then why not someone of color? He'll I would think it would give the movie a extra demographic lol

What movie you talking about with Leonidas

Bruh I'm with you 100%

My problem is that it's a choice Hollywood makes in the casting. That's why I said the pharaoh could be someone different cause at the end of the day a black Moses would not work in America :lol:

But my issue is the choice for Ramsey. If they were gonna go with actor like that then why not someone of color? He'll I would think it would give the movie a extra demographic lol

What movie you talking about with Leonidas

Aight, just wanna make sure we're on the same page and you don't think I'm wearing a black beret, dashiki, and speaking at a black podium (that would be fly, tho). The next movie is Gods of Egypt. Look at that cast.

Aight, just wanna make sure we're on the same page and you don't think I'm wearing a black beret, dashiki, and speaking at a black podium (that would be fly, tho). The next movie is Gods of Egypt. Look at that cast.

Wait are we on the same page cause I thought we both were speaking at the black podium next after Fred Hampton JR.

Why should it offend us? Its a movie,

:lol: you think whites care about who tyler perry puts in his movies, but blacks got a problem because hes "portraying stereotypes" but hes created hundreds of jobs for black people, take it as entertainment & it will be nothing but entertainment, at the end of the day as long as the movie gets the right message across their should be no problem, dudes worrying about who looks like who in a ******* movie :smh:

Always double standards to race when it comes to minorities

:lol: you think whites care about who tyler perry puts in his movies, but blacks got a problem because hes "portraying stereotypes" but hes created hundreds of jobs for black people, take it as entertainment & it will be nothing but entertainment, at the end of the day as long as the movie gets the right message across their should be no problem, dudes worrying about who looks like who in a ******* movie :smh:

Brush why do people like you make these type of arguments. The **** does Tyler perry have to do with this movie and how Hollywood gets it wrong on purpose.

Are you trying to say Tyler Perry chooses black actors to portray white historical figures? Is that what your saying? Cause that's the analogy you used.

Niketalker23 says minorities need to stop being sensitive but he reported me to the mods cause I clowned the Mexican national team...and also cause I called him a clown for working full time at a job with part time status and no benefits(you working under that status is the reason companies stay ******* over people)....then cried when he got laid off

You cant take jokes about that clown soccer team but you want folks to brush off historical inaccuracies? You ignorant lil boy

You're the most selective activist on this site...you either playing victim like a child or you're trying to tell someone to stop pulling a card....pull your depends up
200.gif

What historical movie has Tyler perry made? Also, when did he use a minority in place of a white person in this historical movie?

Keep shucking and jiving

It'll be easy for me to say posters on this site are dumb as hell but the reality is folks with these dumb thoughts are all around us. It's kinda scary when you think about it

Last edited:
Brush why do people like you make these type of arguments. The **** does Tyler perry have to do with this movie and how Hollywood gets it wrong on purpose.

Are you trying to say Tyler Perry chooses black actors to portray white historical figures? Is that what your saying? Cause that's the analogy you used.

Is their proof out there that these historical figures were black or is it a theory like 50% of our worlds history? Inform me

The Comics changed Nick Fury to a black man around 2000, Sam Jackson didn't portray him on screen until 2008. I don't know why they did it, but stuff like that happens all the time in Comics...Not really a big deal. War-Machine (also black) was originally introduced to take Iron-Mans place. Ultimate Spider-Man replaces Peter Parker with Black-Hispanic Miles Morales.

View media item 1075804View media item 1075811View media item 1075810View media item 1075809View media item 1075808View media item 1075807View media item 1075806View media item 1075805

Is their proof out there that these historical figures were black or is it a theory like 50% of our worlds history? Inform me

Look at you can't even explain your own ******** statement before you go into another one.

White people definitely weren't ruling Egypt and as I stated numerous times some believe the exodus occurred during the reign of the Nubians would have ruled.

Either way we still waiting for you to explain why white people shouldn't be offended by Tyler Perry :lol:

quoting myself, but this is the whole point i've been trying to make. movies and comics and all this stuff that's just entertainment, it morphs our minds and guides our beliefs. maybe not you, but definitely others.

"there's no black guys like peter parker." is the stance that i was making on page 1. this is why at least, AT LEAST in a historical film, get everything right with race.

Last edited:
I remember :lol:

Worked at a part time job, double time, for 7 years :rofl:

:rofl:

Lol my mind was blown but it's the exact reason the job market is how it is now....companies know it's folks like him that'll be that puppet w/ no benefits.....dude was a running joke amongst the managers

quoting myself, but this is the whole point i've been trying to make. movies and comics and all this stuff that's jet entertainment, it morphs our minds and guides are beliefs. maybe not you, but definitely others.

"there's no black guys like peter parker." is the stance that i was making on page 1. this is why at least, AT LEAST in a historical film, get everything right with race.

You know what time it is, people think it's no big deal but these are the norms society projects.

People always use the argument that why is this a big deal, but this is the topic we are talking about. White washing of films to portray a certain ideal. It's deeper than just a movie.

Last edited:
Look at you can't even explain your own ******** statement before you go into another one.

White people definitely weren't ruling Egypt and as I stated numerous times some believe the exodus occurred during the reign of the Nubians would have ruled.

Either way we still waiting for you to explain why white people shouldn't be offended by Tyler Perry :lol:

You're telling me whites should be offended by somebody for having an all black cast? You srs, he cant do wtf he wants to do with his movie that hes put money into? thats all im saying, if hollywood wants to have whites playing historical figures, let it be, at the end of the day its all about the message in the movie, not how accurate the movie is supposed to look when we have no real proof on wtf really happened

What does Tyler perry have to do with historical movies? Your analogy was trash...you can't even explain your point...

Take a deep breath and retype it

Last edited:
You're telling me whites should be offended by somebody for having an all black cast? You srs, he cant do wtf he wants to do with his movie that hes put money into? thats all im saying, if hollywood wants to have whites playing historical figures, let it be, at the end of the day its all about the message in the movie, not how accurate the movie is supposed to look when we have no real proof on wtf really happened

Is this real life?

YOU are the one that brought Tyler Perry. YOU still haven't even explained what the point of your argument was.

I'm done with you :lol:

But yall mad whites are playing historical figures but yall have no evidence of what the real historical figures looked like, makes sense, let hollywood eat, thats their theory on it, why are yall mad?

Back
Top Bottom