Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Idk where to purchase. Looking to buy some property. Have almost 80k saved and just slacking lol. I need to buy something. Which cities should
I look into?

Idk where to purchase. Looking to buy some property. Have almost 80k saved and just slacking lol. I need to buy something. Which cities should
I look into?

What are you looking to get from your investment?
Immediate cash flow
Safe place to park some money
Potential appreciation

I take it you dont want to manage the properties so maybe start looking at some turnkey companies.
Join biggerpockets if you havent already

What are you looking to get from your investment?
Immediate cash flow
Safe place to park some money
Potential appreciation

I take it you dont want to manage the properties so maybe start looking at some turnkey companies.
Join biggerpockets if you havent already

I have while ago just that I hate the setup of the forums. I'm looking for immediate cash flow.

I have while ago just that I hate the setup of the forums. I'm looking for immediate cash flow.

Yea the forms aren't set up great. I follow my local fourms so I get an email when a new post pops up and I work from there.

Check out some turnkey companies memphis invest is one of them but i have no personal experience with them.

This site has some reviews of providers. Check out the numbers then do some research on the cities and you can decide how much risk you want to take up.
http://turnkey-reviews.com/

Been MIA lately taking care of personal stuff...been a crazy 1.5 months but I love it! Got some listings and sold properties from referrals which are always welcomed :tongue: On top of that, working on 3 projects.

Here's my newest project. This one is different because I'm working on this one all by myself w/o my business partner. I found the property off-market and made an offer and the owners accepted. Super excited to take everything I've learned the past 2 years and doing it on my own.

Specs:
3 Bedroom/2 bath - 998 sq ft
Converted the garage into a 4th bedroom and added an addition and 5th bedroom. Buuuuuut...not permitted. So I've got some decisions to make on how I should approach this build.

IMG_7501.JPG IMG_7503.JPG IMG_7504.JPG IMG_7511.JPG IMG_7513.JPG

Yah. I've got to run the numbers again and see if the profit is worth the extra leg work.

So on cash purchases there's no required city inspection to catch un-permited additions, on the the sale side is it the city or banks that are going to complain? Over here it's more cities with heavy immigrant populations that tend to do illegal additions, I don't know if it's the City forwarding the inspection report to the buyers bank for risk assessment or if the City steps in and demands correction.

So on cash purchases there's no required city inspection to catch un-permited additions, on the the sale side is it the city or banks that are going to complain? Over here it's more cities with heavy immigrant populations that tend to do illegal additions, I don't know if it's the City forwarding the inspection report to the buyers bank for risk assessment or if the City steps in and demands correction.

Correct.

We've been looking in SF for the past 2-3 months and it's crazy. We put in 2 offers and we're both grossly outbid. First one was listed at $899k and we offered 1 mil sold for $1.175. Second one was listed at $799k and we went with $950k. Sellers came back and told us they got 11 offers with the highest being 1 mil. Asked if we were interested in upping our offer. We declined.

Our offer for a 4/3 townhouse just got accepted by the buyer so hoping everything goes smoothly.

Anyone do a knock down and build new?

I want a open floor plan very modern crib, but I'm priced out. Feel like the best thing to do would be to cop a ****hole or a lot and build. Building in ATL ain't no joke though from what I hear. Pushing $200 a sw ft easy.

We've been looking in SF for the past 2-3 months and it's crazy. We put in 2 offers and we're both grossly outbid. First one was listed at $899k and we offered 1 mil sold for $1.175. Second one was listed at $799k and we went with $950k. Sellers came back and told us they got 11 offers with the highest being 1 mil. Asked if we were interested in upping our offer. We declined.

Our offer for a 4/3 townhouse just got accepted by the buyer so hoping everything goes smoothly.

RICH.

congrats though. Hope it goes thru, bro.

Having to ask 150k over asking and still not get it is nuts. Not even worth to me. More power to ya and others alike...

Updated pics. Interior is being worked on and prepping for paint. Next week we start on the exterior. Goal is to have this project done in 3 weeks.

Family room addition
IMG_7937.JPG

Kitchen
IMG_7938.JPG

Dining room
IMG_7940.JPG

Master Shower
IMG_7939.JPG

Anyone do a knock down and build new?

I want a open floor plan very modern crib, but I'm priced out. Feel like the best thing to do would be to cop a ****hole or a lot and build. Building in ATL ain't no joke though from what I hear. Pushing $200 a sw ft easy.
Was looking inthe west end a few years back houses could be had for 30k that was myplan to demolish and move when im ready

Sup y'all! I just closed on home 2 weeks ago, truly excited. Moving from Brooklyn to NJ.

Need some help. Im shopping for a home security service, called ADT and they said they run a credit check. Do all home security companies do this? Or am I better off w/ a service like Nest?

Sup y'all! I just closed on home 2 weeks ago, truly excited. Moving from Brooklyn to NJ.

Need some help. Im shopping for a home security service, called ADT and they said they run a credit check. Do all home security companies do this? Or am I better off w/ a service like Nest?

Your better off buying one of those signs and just put it in the yard.

Pretty much standard for any home "utilities" now. I went with a company that I could just pay a deposit instead of taking the hard pull.

Looking forward to ownership next year. Real Estate situation in NYC is putrid. Don't eem get me started on the rent prices. Everyday I keep talking to myself into moving elsewhere once I graduate this December. Targeting Houston since I've been spending hours on Zillow searching townhouses out there. Plan on heading out there soon to see how things are first though

Back
Top Bottom