Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Closing on a second home in South Lake Tahoe Next week, just need to sign all the papers. Going to be mainly used as a second home unless the county eases up on the short term rental rules.
Picked up keys a few weeks ago, trying to head up this week, but the house has another few feet of snow compared to this pic, and the roads are closed.
House.jpg

my cousin is a broker, used her for my house. my mortgage gets passed around to all the banks. I think chase has it now. my wife deals with that.

got another through a farm credit union, they had some super low rates and we're a breeze to deal with. I told them I had a job and showed them two pay checks and that was that. dude calls me to this day to shoot the ****. :lol:

I'm with solewoman solewoman & lovehateself lovehateself . Any personal experiences with cashout refi, HELOC, and equity loans would be appreciated especially those used for home improvement projects. https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/mortgages/home-equity-loan-vs-cash-out-refinance
I was set on a cashout refi for finishing the basement. But it sounds like a HELOC may give more flexibility and you don't have to start making payments generally until 10 years have passed.

Yeah you still pay the interest. I was looking into it to either finish our basement which is about 1k of sqft and will put our house above 5k if/when we sell. Or use the money for an investment property (if possible to even do)

You just borrow equity and get 15 years to pay it back. Interest is low.

It’s essentially a second mortgage. You can always refi to combine it down the line.

We closed a couple weeks ago on our first short term rental beach condo… 3 hour drive from home, plan to use it maybe 5-6x a year and rent out the rest. The resort is pretty sick and they’re doing a lot of upgrades so I’m betting it appreciates nicely. Kind of a hidden gem about 30 mins from St Augustine one way and 30 min from Daytona beach the other way. 90 min to Orlando.

Our view
827E245E-5ABD-40CC-9D04-A69E180C99DA.jpeg

Resort
D8127838-3EC9-4923-8C6D-8F2C930087B7.jpeg

We closed a couple weeks ago on our first short term rental beach condo… 3 hour drive from home, plan to use it maybe 5-6x a year and rent out the rest. The resort is pretty sick and they’re doing a lot of upgrades so I’m betting it appreciates nicely. Kind of a hidden gem about 30 mins from St Augustine one way and 30 min from Daytona beach the other way. 90 min to Orlando.

Our view
827E245E-5ABD-40CC-9D04-A69E180C99DA.jpeg

Resort
D8127838-3EC9-4923-8C6D-8F2C930087B7.jpeg
How are the fees?

Happy 2022 everyone.

Meeting with the realtor next week. Talked with the the lower.com loan agent as well and she said i could go 15% down also instead of 20%. Happy to take the PMI hit temporarily to soften the initial cash outlay. Hopefully will close on an investment property in Texas in the 400-520k range over the next 1-2 months.

Newb question: Should I just have all my cash sitting stacked in my bank (Bofa)?

Happy 2022 everyone.

Meeting with the realtor next week. Talked with the the lower.com loan agent as well and she said i could go 15% down also instead of 20%. Happy to take the PMI hit temporarily to soften the initial cash outlay. Hopefully will close on an investment property in Texas in the 400-520k range over the next 1-2 months.

Newb question: Should I just have all my cash sitting stacked in my bank (Bofa)?
Yeah.... If you can have it in a bank account it makes life easier.

I invest heavy in the crypto space and it's always a nightmare with my deals because value can fluctuate a lot.

I know there are benefits and drawbacks to doing this but I'm debating just paying my mortgage off as quickly as possible. I want to get down to about half in 2 years if I can.

Really no draw backs if you can do it, it will save you a ton in interest. I am hoping to have mine paid in 15 instead of 30 but if this business pops I will do it sooner fur shure.

Really no draw backs if you can do it, it will save you a ton in interest. I am hoping to have mine paid in 15 instead of 30 but if this business pops I will do it sooner fur shure.

Yea thats absolutely no way I'm waiting 30 years. I don't even think I'm living in my townhouse for more than 5 to 10 years max. The end goal is for it to serve as a rental property if possible.

I know there are benefits and drawbacks to doing this but I'm debating just paying my mortgage off as quickly as possible. I want to get down to about half in 2 years if I can.
Damn what do you do for work if you don’t mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom