Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Our job would be a similar size. I regret paying for the landscaping option now. Granted we thought we’d have a backyard wedding and didn’t want the dog running around on dirt bringing it in the house.

I can hold off on turf. Have a hard budget of 10k. The patio extension will cover the current pet spots so that would help.

Not sure where you live - will probably be much cheaper than Seattle and SF - two places I’ve installed

i can’t even imagine grading by hand and bringing rock in and hauling the old stuff out with a wheelbarrow. :sick:

Yeah that’s the cost right there.

YouTube that chit!
YEAH I MEAN HOW MUCH HARDER WOULD IT BE TO DO THAN REAL GRASS LIKE MANS HERE DID

FB2C5F74-58E4-489E-9E62-5F5977F42AC1.jpeg
1C7940DA-234A-4037-811D-D992C52B4462.jpeg
6D075FBE-31BE-44BB-81BC-19099BD435F5.jpeg
065492EE-5129-4FAD-A60E-30A84D3E3C78.jpeg
065492EE-5129-4FAD-A60E-30A84D3E3C78.jpeg
54F0387F-93F6-47AB-A2E9-79521D8F6CED.jpeg
EBF411FB-677F-4EC9-ADB3-0A6FC8786DD2.jpeg
D2BDB317-570A-4316-B5C5-EED90D4FEC0E.jpeg
F21629E8-7388-4AC8-903C-B431D55C70AF.jpeg
FCA9F9F2-750C-401C-9B2B-5E67F6EEDA8B.jpeg
D5AF8279-4C0D-4BDA-BA98-659B02295CD6.jpeg

Not sure where you live - will probably be much cheaper than Seattle and SF - two places I’ve installed
I'm in CO so not sure how much of a location premium there would be. Plenty of landscapers out here so I want to get at least 5 estimates. I plan on getting an itemized estimate for land prep, installation and materials. Haven't completely ruled out laying the pavers myself. Seems simple enough, just depends on cost savings. But I'd outsource the excavation and regrading. Some houses on our street had bad pooling because the builder didn't grade the land properly. I'm not messing with that as a complete amateur.

YEAH I MEAN HOW MUCH HARDER WOULD IT BE TO DO THAN REAL GRASS LIKE MANS HERE DID

Grass is grass, you can just put it on top the of old dirt.

If you don’t want that tuft to settle and sink you’ll have to excavate a couple inches of the dirt and fill it in with class 5 rock and the compact it with a plate compactor or else it will look like crap in a bit.

I figure it’s the same process as paving a driveway or building a pad for a shed except you’re putting turf on top.

Anyone that did hard flooring to their home y’all recommend going thicker than half inch? Or should I be ok with that?

Anyone have experience with New American Funding?

Direct mortgage lender. They show a low of 4.75 on a 30 year fixed

It is what it is... need to stop procrastinating and buy something

Would be kinda hard to stomach much more than 5 though :smh:

Anyone that did hard flooring to their home y’all recommend going thicker than half inch? Or should I be ok with that?
That’s thick AF :lol:
Are you talking about hardhood or like LVP?
I did lvp. It was 7mm. Walk on it everyday and it’s my my main living room. No problems so far after a year.

That’s thick AF :lol:
Are you talking about hardhood or like LVP?
I did lvp. It was 7mm. Walk on it everyday and it’s my my main living room. No problems so far after a year.
Yeah sorry meant lvp :lol: I’m only doing 12mm because of less prone to cracks and or scratching (dogs).

Sure you missed the historic lows but anything less than 5% is better than any rate 10 years ago. And still much better than the average rate since 1971.
A17601C2-04EE-4C70-AC8A-0D774BA128F9.png

It is what it is at this point but you are still making out pretty good historically speaking. You could also look into ARMs if you want to take advantage of a potentially lower rate in the future. BUT it goes both ways, you could also end up with an even higher rate at the end of the term.

Yeah sorry meant lvp :lol: I’m only doing 12mm because of less prone to cracks and or scratching (dogs).
Surface preparation should be of top priority..!

With LVP/LVT, an uneven subsurface would be the most detrimental to the longevity and comfort of your flooring.

If you're going with a 12mm, that means that the flooring you chose most likely has a padding of some sorts already affixed to the planks.. like a foam padding or corkboard, typically used for comfort and sound dampening purposes.. this will help with anysubfloor imperfections, but still not a reason to forego subfloor preparation.

Are you doing DIY'ing.? Or hiring a pro.??

Surface preparation should be of top priority..!

With LVP/LVT, an uneven subsurface would be the most detrimental to the longevity and comfort of your flooring.

If you're going with a 12mm, that means that the flooring you chose most likely has a padding of some sorts already affixed to the planks.. like a foam padding or corkboard, typically used for comfort and sound dampening purposes.. this will help with anysubfloor imperfections, but still not a reason to forego subfloor preparation.

Are you doing DIY'ing.? Or hiring a pro.??
Yeah they come with padding on them already. We’re also installing a layer of anti moisture plastic type thing we got from lowes. Uncle is doing the job.

Anyone have experience with New American Funding?

Direct mortgage lender. They show a low of 4.75 on a 30 year fixed

It is what it is... need to stop procrastinating and buy something

I dealt with them a few years ago for a purchase and it was fine. We ended up doing a re-fi with them a year later and everything worked out.

I was also worried about them and all the stuff they were promising, but it all worked out

What a coincidence.

I did an AirBnb in downtown Miami. $500 night
and you get downtown views, balcony, access to pool/gym/sauna, 2b 2br .

The owners name was Hamza too :lol: and we started talking about the middle east, family, etc randomly. Guy came from Morrocco in 2019 and bought 4 units in the same building around 250-400k each. And now charges $400-600 per night. Basically he can make atleast 15k per unit if fully booked (I checked his other listings and easily booked 90% of the month) which is around 10k clean per month. The rent for these apartments is 3-4k based on Zillow, but why rent when you can make upwards of 10k clean per month? Now each apt costs upwards of 600k.

What a come up.

Back
Top Bottom