HOOD/GHETTO/IN THE WALL CHINESE JOINTS APPRECIATION!

Originally Posted by ca5perrr

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by Agthekid

whats the spot in houston everyone raves about?? it was GAAAAAAAAAAAAABAGE, damn just gross
i did come home drunk and reheated and ate some ribs, smh, i felt it the next day

I think its called Jimmy Chan's 
But I went when I was in Houston after NT dudes hyped it up. 

Food looked good but it was average as hell.

Only plus side was I didn't pay that much and they give you a ton of food. 

Timmy Chans, depends on which location you went to. Rule of thumb, you don't order ribs from a place like that, you get what you expect.

should have got the wings and rice. extra gravy
i forgot which location we went to, it looked like it use to be an old fridays/pizza hut, i heard the other location was better,
i got the rice with the wings, and a side of the ribs for later,
the wings were drenched in grease, the rice tasted like grease, just gross, and ill usually eat from anywhere and not complain,  straight
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

i blame paull wall for that one...

wings at frenchys > timmy chan
did you go to the one by UH?

Everyone hypes everything up on NT. Im sure my local chinese spot is on par with everyones favorite spot.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Am I the only one who would never eat food from a place like that? I drive by those places all the time and I get scared at the thought of what is going on in that kitchen. I'm not even talking about the ignorant mess about cats, I'm talking MSG and day old noodles and copious amounts of vegetable oil that gets re-used for 3 days. It's always them places nestled in the corner of a dilapidated strip mall or in between a liquor store and a laundromat. Usually has one of the following words in the name: Golden, Dragon, Palace, Wall

I highly recommend viewing this film, it will put you off of Chinese fast food if you're not already, the kitchen scenes are gross:

http://ecx.images-amazon....images/I/51uWu6tBclL.jpg src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uWu6tBclL.jpg">

Why would anyone even watch that though? Like dudes be ordering from these places thinking it's organic or some @!%$. We been eating this stuff for years and it aint done us no harm, so why the hell would we go around looking for reasons to get put off of it? It taste good and we know it ain't good for us. Dudes need to just go out and live and stop looking for reasons to fear every damn thing out there.

relax son, he's just spreading some knowledge.

its like you took him posting that as a personal insult or something
laugh.gif

its not that serious. You're gonna eat whatever you want regardless.

How about you guys try real Chinese food. It's like me saying golden krust got the best Jamaican food. Smh.

Originally Posted by Roc Boy Jada

This is the only thing worth appreciating in the hood. 
pimp.gif

I usually order from restaurants in the Bronx. I order from this one restaurant named, Best Chinese by the Secor housing projects, or this other spot near Edenwald. And goddamn, are their delivery men rude at times.

Sesame Chicken and shrimp fried rice or just some fried wings with pork fried rice / fries are my favorite meals to order.
wooooord you from secor ?
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

pimp.gif
Yum's Carryout on Florida Ave in DC hit the spot plenty of times after club shenanigans

331291044_e4cfef6f5e.jpg

And Howard China aka Ho-Chi as well when i was in school at Howard
pimp.gif

Mambo sauce > _____

Mambo sauce is the business. I had a HARD time finding it at all in Bmore when I went to Morgan. If you like Ho-Chi, then you should've hit some spots on the Southside. Um um good.  But, I can't eat much of that crap now.
Oh, and they have a Marlow Wings up on Ga Ave now. That spot is PURE CRACK when it comes to wings.

Originally Posted by theekinqq

whats the spot in houston everyone raves about?? it was GAAAAAAAAAAAAABAGE, damn just gross
i did come home drunk and reheated and ate some ribs, smh, i felt it the next day

Timmy Chans, depends on which location you went to. Rule of thumb, you don't order ribs from a place like that, you get what you expect.

i forgot which location we went to, it looked like it use to be an old fridays/pizza hut, i heard the other location was better,
the wings were drenched in grease, the rice tasted like grease, just gross, and ill usually eat from anywhere and not complain,  straight
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[jumps in convo]

i usually eat healthy but all this frenchys talk confirmed that im gonna have to stop there asap.

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[jumps in convo]

i usually eat healthy but all this frenchys talk confirmed that im gonna have to stop there asap.
You've NEVER been to Frenchy's?! Your life hasn't started until you visit Frenchy's. Damn, you're still in the womb ...

Originally Posted by illfrozn

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[jumps in convo]

You've NEVER been to Frenchy's?! Your life hasn't started until you visit Frenchy's. Damn, you're still in the womb ...
it was right by a highway (i know its houston, thats not saying much
eyes.gif
and i dont think it was by UofH,i know that area pretty well,
i actually heard of the one by UofH from a friend who use to go there, n said ti was good, this one was straight disappointing. and like i said i never complain about food.
frenchys is good, im not tooo into the fried wings, but those were real good

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[jumps in convo]

eyes.gif
i actually heard of the one by UofH from a friend who use to go there, n said ti was good, this one was straight disappointing. and like i said i never complain about food.
I think me and you went to the same one.
As for Frenchy's where is that? I want to try it. 

Is it the one on South Beach? 

When I was in Montreal, we hit up some dirty @%! chineese spots at 3 in the morning. Surprisingly, it was sooo good. That is from what I remember of course. Orange Chicken FTW!

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Am I the only one who would never eat food from a place like that? I drive by those places all the time and I get scared at the thought of what is going on in that kitchen. I'm not even talking about the ignorant mess about cats, I'm talking MSG and day old noodles and copious amounts of vegetable oil that gets re-used for 3 days. It's always them places nestled in the corner of a dilapidated strip mall or in between a liquor store and a laundromat. Usually has one of the following words in the name: Golden, Dragon, Palace, Wall

I highly recommend viewing this film, it will put you off of Chinese fast food if you're not already, the kitchen scenes are gross:

51uWu6tBclL.jpg

Why would anyone even watch that though? Like dudes be ordering from these places thinking it's organic or some @!%$. We been eating this stuff for years and it aint done us no harm, so why the hell would we go around looking for reasons to get put off of it? It taste good and we know it ain't good for us. Dudes need to just go out and live and stop looking for reasons to fear every damn thing out there.
Don't mind him...he tends to do stuff like this in food threads...check out when he slammed whole-grain bread in this thread
laugh.gif
I will be checking this video out while Im eating a plate of Shrimp Lo-Mein, Garic Sauce chicken wings, and Fried Dumpling.. 
pimp.gif
 Straight IGNIT!

^ So i watched that movie last night and i dont see what was so gross. Just a regular kitchen....

Originally Posted by DLEE2703

yee's Chinese food on slauon in LA is the best hole in the wall chinese food in la
pimp.gif

this. i live literally 2 blocks away and YEES has been holdin down the block for like 20+ years...along with Sachi teriyaki house on slauson on overhill...ooooweee

Appreciated for the times these places took care of me when I was hungry and broke.
Now that I know better too much MSG and oil on all the foods.

And on a side note Wop Hop in Chinatown is garbage.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

[jumps in convo]

eyes.gif
I think me and you went to the same one.
As for Frenchy's where is that? I want to try it. 

Is it the one on South Beach? 

I think you went to the one on Bissonett. It is like an old chili's or something. It used to be across the street then they moved it over there. It is pretty close to 59. Or the one on HWY 6. It is an old restaurant too that turned into a timmy Chan's. The one on bissonett is good to me. I hate the one on HWY 6. The food is different.

Back
Top Bottom