Houston Rockets 2017 Preseason Thread - Spurs MyPlayers Take Over

Dek say he tryna get in that starting rotation yamming on kanter like that
pimp.gif
Not over Ariza.  

Not over Ariza.  

Probably not this year. And it's easy for you to say now, comparing a vet to a rookie...but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. There's nothing Ariza does exceptionally better than Dekker at this point in his career.

Dekker just has to get some experience and I think it'll happen eventually. He's getting more and more confident that he can hang in this league

Dekker's definitely getting more confident day by day. Good thing to see. Love how this team is winning in various ways. A lot of guys are contributing whether on the stat sheet or on the court where you can read it on the box score. That game could have went south last night, but the guys really worked their ***** off to fight through it. I felt like the refs were really taking over towards the end of the 3rd (maybe even before tbh). Certain calls were so obvious and it was pretty sickening to see. If you get beat straight up, then it's just an L, but they were taking the game out the Rockets' hands. Bev's defensive stand and Harden switching to close off on Morrow were key. Bev grabbing all those boards was huge. Love to see your PG doing that.

View media item 2257506View media item 2257507View media item 2257508View media item 2257509View media item 2257510View media item 2257511View media item 2257512
"I should have left OKC to join you, so we could take down KD :wow:"
"I know :smh:"
View media item 2257513

KD still my guy, man. (went to Texas). RWB is a hoss, but the Thunder's ability to truly get a ship is heavily hampered by their style of play. They have lots of talent, honestly (full of 1st round picks) but they look like the Rockets with McHale. Can't just spread everybody out and expect people to iso or get buckets off stagnant offense. KD is all about being efficient, OKC collapses every year because theyre fighting a battle against themselves with that. I'm glad these Rockets broke away from that ****...its made a world of difference on both sides of the ball

Right now I'm just thinking what can these Rox do to truly challenge a team like GS/CLE/(SA) in a 7 game series. mind is on a 'Ship

defend better

Dekker is too slow at the 3 spot, he's more of a stretch 4, if he can consistently knock down that 3 
eek.gif
smokin.gif
Right 

Dekker doesn't move well enough to guard 3's

He's flourishing cause he is a mismatch at the 4 spot 

Last edited:
sure, but I think Ariza's defense is a tad overrated in 2016. and Dek can be serviceable defensively...Defense is usually about film study, experience, and effort. Not really concerned about too many 3s torching us on a nightly basis.

i hope Trezl's knee injury is minor

edit: he aight
and if Trev hits the 3 like tonight, he not going anywhere :lol:...hopefully he can keep it consistent since we're getting better quality shots overall

Last edited:
View media item 2258751View media item 2258752View media item 2258753View media item 2258754View media item 2258755View media item 2258756View media item 2258757View media item 2258758
Can't say anymore about how fun this team is to watch. There's a lot of effort that you can see, and that'll be clutch come later on in the season. Beating the Mavs no matter who's on the roster is always great. I think one of my favorite Rox/Mavs games was right after they 1 a game during the playoff series two years ago, and a bunch of Mavs fans were acting like the series swung in their favor, then they got washed :lol: :lol:

I think one of my favorite Rox/Mavs games was right after they 1 a game during the playoff series two years ago, and a bunch of Mavs fans were acting like the series swung in their favor, then they got washed :lol: :lol:

Josh Smith had Dirk on skates out there, looking like Magic. Rondo vs. his own locker room :lol:

I think one of my favorite Rox/Mavs games was right after they 1 a game during the playoff series two years ago, and a bunch of Mavs fans were acting like the series swung in their favor, then they got washed :lol: :lol:

Josh Smith had Dirk on skates out there, looking like Magic. Rondo vs. his own locker room :lol:

That plus Josh Smith destroying Tyson Chandler on a dunk, then later they show Chandler's face after some replays :rofl:

we've only played 9 games @ home fellas. We have like 11 of the next 20 @ the crib with a decent schedule. Need that early push for that 3 (2) seed

we've only played 9 games @ home fellas. We have like 11 of the next 20 @ the crib with a decent schedule. Need that early push for that 3 (2) seed

Let's make a run :smokin need to take advantage of this as much as possible. Even tonight. The Nets are extra trash, but the rockets still need to get up for them. Remember, we went a combined 0-5 against them and Denver last year :lol: :x

Lin may play tonight :nerd:

And with 3 minutes left, this game is exactly what I didn't want it to be. Slow, sluggish, lackadaisical, etc. Taking way too much effort to put them away

Wins are wins. Good to see multiple defensive plays to get that win

Ditto, rough game, but a win is a win. Felt like it would be that way even before it started. Subbing in Nene for Capela against Lopez was clutch. Capela has the length, but is just not big enough to defend Lopez. Jeremy Lin's airball 3 :rofl: :rofl: right on time

I also still don't know why Brewer even gets minutes, even if only 10 minutes like tonight

View media item 2260512
View media item 2260514View media item 2260516View media item 2260517View media item 2260518View media item 2260519View media item 2260520View media item 2260521View media item 2260522View media item 2260523View media item 2260525View media item 2260526View media item 2260527

key defensive stops late in the 4th 
pimp.gif

Ariza/Bev 
pimp.gif

another nail biter

truth be told, rockets probably didn't even wanna play the nets, hence the close game 
laugh.gif

but lessons learned.. can't take any team lightly 

EG is such a breath of fresh air 
pimp.gif

we need a couple more pieces/one major piece and I think we can contend for a championship

We are kinda thin backcourt wise - Bev/Harden/EG splitting minutes and come playoff time they will be burnt

Back
Top Bottom