Houston Rockets Preseason Thread 2018

Hopefully Green gets some situational minutes too.

Whats Quartermans contract look like $ wise ? I'd read somehwere they needed to sign someone before the end of the season to package, to make their run at Lebron wonder if that's why. I figured it'd be Bobby Brown....

Ran across this video of greens shot against Phoenix whoever dubbed in the music did a good job had me :lol:.

It’s imperative that Green plays. In no way should MDA goof with a small rotation like he did last year

I think this was the article about signing/trading for Lebron.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...-without-sacrificing-everything-else.amp.html

Excerpt from article if you don't feel like reading it:
The other solution would be to sign a player to a two-year minimum deal before the end of the current season. That extra salary for 2018-19 would mathematically push the Rockets over the edge in a James trade, sans Anderson.

One more wrinkle: The Rockets don't have a roster spot available. They'd have to cut someone before their playoff run in preparation for a potential trade for James after the season.

We all know Wrights gone now, so I'd bet Moreys already lining things up to make his run at Lebron with the Quarterman signing.

i hope MDA pulls a Pop or something and sits harden/clint/gordon after the 1Q. really meaningless game in which i'd prefer we'd rest our guys, but it's on national TV so it's kind of a lose-lose situation in terms of rest

If we're going to keep playing our starters, I don't want to see them out here giving no effort. Let the rotational guys come out there and play hard. This lazy **** is annoying to watch

Man pj getting hurt, gerald getting hurt, pj taking that hard fall, the spurs swinging for the fences on all these layups...just take everyone out and let them have it.

I don’t see the value in trying to win this game at all.

Man pj getting hurt, gerald getting hurt, pj taking that hard fall, the spurs swinging for the fences on all these layups...just take everyone out and let them have it.

I don’t see the value in trying to win this game at all.
just hoping this is a cruel april fool's joke at this point by MDA

Somebody give me a summary of the game, all I saw was the box score because I was at work? I was hoping I’d see Harden, Ariza and Eric Gordon combine for only 15 minutes but I see that they didn’t

Somebody give me a summary of the game, all I saw was the box score because I was at work? I was hoping I’d see Harden, Ariza and Eric Gordon combine for only 15 minutes but I see that they didn’t

Same here, only mine was family stuff for Easter... I'm hearing Green got hurt?.? maybe P.J too...cant find anything online yet, if so were they anything serious?

They kept playing. Green bumped knees with someone. Pj fell and hit his head and then took a hard fall right after too.

Team has ZERO fire right now. I’m not worried, but it will be kind of alarming if we go into the playoffs like this. Just rest the guys and in one of the last couple games let them get back to what we’ve been doing all year.

They kept playing. Green bumped knees with someone. Pj fell and hit his head and then took a hard fall right after too.

Team has ZERO fire right now. I’m not worried, but it will be kind of alarming if we go into the playoffs like this. Just rest the guys and in one of the last couple games let them get back to what we’ve been doing all year.

Ya definitely don't want to go into the playoffs with a lackluster attitude (can't really blame these guys for having a bad game, there is NOTHING to play for and it's a holiday most spend with their familes). Doesn't sound like P.J or G.G injuries are serious (at least I hope not) just got roughed up pretty good. I'm not really a fan of guys sitting out whole games, ideally I'd like to see them play 20 to 25 minutes at most just to stay in sync and playing form. It doesn't sound like MDA doesn't either in this clip.

Edit: NT at it again... wont let me embed video here is the article:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...y-rest?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
basically came out with the same effort against the suns. spurs were desperate for a win. even with that, we honestly might have won had we hit our open 3's.
coach really should have just rested the guys; going 50% for 30 minutes is pretty pointless. hopefully we got it out of our system now since that was the 1st game after clinching HCA through the playoffs (wouldn't blame them for celebrating). would still want us to rest at least every other game, but judging from MDA's post-game comments, it doesn't look like that'll be the case

Just from these highlights, it really did seem like the Spurs were an 8th seed with an elimination on the line, and the Rockets were a 1 seed and not interested at all in playing. There was a possession where players were fighting for the ball on the floor, but none of the Rockets players bent their knees to even try for the recovery :lol: it did seem like they were playing not to get hurt (and ironic based on PJ and Green). Not sure what the Vipers schedule is, but they should be playing 20 minutes minimum in relief for most of the starters and front part of the bench. These next 5 games need to be a steady diet of RJ, Joe, Tarik, Chinanu, and Qi.

Just from these highlights, it really did seem like the Spurs were an 8th seed with an elimination on the line, and the Rockets were a 1 seed and not interested at all in playing. There was a possession where players were fighting for the ball on the floor, but none of the Rockets players bent their knees to even try for the recovery :lol: it did seem like they were playing not to get hurt (and ironic based on PJ and Green). Not sure what the Vipers schedule is, but they should be playing 20 minutes minimum in relief for most of the starters and front part of the bench. These next 5 games need to be a steady diet of RJ, Joe, Tarik, Chinanu, and Qi.
PJ fall was scary man. similar to mccaw's the other night. patty mills damn near injured both our guys smh.
i feel like we'll give a better effort next time out, we kinda need losses like this to wake us up from being too complacent, but at the same time, we don't need to peak too early and risk injury.

you forgot tim quarterman :lol:
the missing puzzle piece for bron summer 2018

Happy Rockets won, seems like they just coasted their way to a blowout, Harden just missed another triple double. Looks like his shooting slump (if you can call it that) is over 12/18 & 5/8 from 3.:pimp:

Not sure if you guys remember Houston native Alton Ford former Milby HS and UofH player, played with the Rockets for a season or two. He passed away Monday from cancer, at 36 years old. :frown: Gone too soon...RIP

DZ3Wze8UQAAr7vj.jpeg

4 games to go. i think we can at least beat the lakers and kings to get to 65 wins...pending we play everyone. won't be mad if we sit them.

crazy how there's only 4 games to go and only 3 teams have clinched a spot in the west. probably won't know who we play in the first round until the season is actually over.

4 games to go. i think we can at least beat the lakers and kings to get to 65 wins...pending we play everyone. won't be mad if we sit them.

crazy how there's only 4 games to go and only 3 teams have clinched a spot in the west. probably won't know who we play in the first round until the season is actually over.

As I've said, I'm not fan of of resting guys whole games, but in this case I'd like to see Harden, Capela, Paul, Ariza, Gordon, P.J, Mbah a Moute, Nene, and even Anderson and Green sit these next 2 games against the Thunder and Blazers completely. NO need playing them and risking even minor injuries, this close to the playoffs. Then play the final 2 games pickup style ball, with about 50% effort & molinor defense too. Don't want to take any chances at even minor injuries now. Portland and OKC are still fighting for playoff seeding, so they'll likely be giving it they're all. As for the Lakers and and Kings games, let them play pickup style ball, with no effort, just to get them, loose & in sync for the playoffs. I'm sure the Lakers and Kings would rather lose anyways, they'll really have even less to play for than us anyways(except a high draft pick).:lol:

Last edited:
FInishing up the game right now, and this was a pretty thorough beating. Not a whole lot of resistance by the Wizards other than Bradley Beal and Kelly Oubre getting shots here and there. Good game from a lot of guys outside of Paul and EG’s shooting.

Agree about the resting as well. I’m cool with guys playing the first half then being led by Tim Quarterman and Joe Johnson in the second half. Blazers and OKC pretty much have stuff to play for, so those games are ones that need to have Tarik Black on the ticket stubs.

As I've said, I'm not fan of of resting guys whole games, but in this case I'd like to see Harden, Capela, Paul, Ariza, Gordon, P.J, Mbah a Moute, Nene, and even Anderson and Green sit these next 2 games against the Thunder and Blazers completely. NO need playing them and risking even minor injuries, this close to the playoffs. Then play the final 2 games pick up style ball, with about 50% effort & molinor defense too. Don't want to take any chances at even minor injuries now. Portland and OKC are still fighting for playoff seeding, so they'll likely be giving it they're all. As for the Lakers and and Kings games, let them play pickup style ball, with no effort, just to get them, loose & in sync for the playoffs. I'm sure the Lakers and Kings would rather lose anyways, they'll really have even less to play for than us anyways(except a high draft pick).:lol:

this makes 100% sense to me although i think the blazers have the third seed pretty much locked up...they're still butthurt over everything i'm sure so no point risking injury at all. i completely forgot ryno sprained his ankle last night too. can't have that happening to anyone else right before the playoffs.

Hardens FT's :smh: CP3!!!!:nthat:

I swear the Rockets hitting the button several times in the 4th quarter then finally realized the Blazers were really trying to win :lol: :lol: what an ending. They probably needing a mini scare like that to wake themselves up. I'm not too mad about them not resting cause, well, Paul and Harden played 31 and 34 minutes a piece. Another than a couple nights ago, that 38+ minute stuff hasn't happened much. Ideally though, Joe Johnson would be leading Tarik and a bunch of the RGV guysthe next 3 games.

jkashr.PNG

Very sure we still won't know who our first round opponent is until the very last game of the season. This Nuggets/Wolves game is even important :lol:

I think I want the Pelicans. They were hot for a while even after boogie went down, but they just don't seem to have many weapons other than AD. I'd imagine MDA would play Anderson at C to pull AD away from the basket too. Wolves could be tough, if Butler comes back at even 90%. I'd love the Nuggets if they somehow squeak in, but I just don't see that happening.

I think I want the Pelicans. They were hot for a while even after boogie went down, but they just don't seem to have many weapons other than AD. I'd imagine MDA would play Anderson at C to pull AD away from the basket too. Wolves could be tough, if Butler comes back at even 90%. I'd love the Nuggets if they somehow squeak in, but I just don't see that happening.

Ehhh, I don't think the Rockets should fear either one of those teams, even a Wolves team with Butler.

Ehhh, I don't think the Rockets should fear either one of those teams, even a Wolves team with Butler.

No I don't think they fear either one (not should they), it's just I think the Wolves would put up a better fight IMO, and I'd like to have the easiest road & most amount of rest we can get. On our way to the WCF.

Stinks the Rockets couldn't put the Thunder out their misery, but since OKC is in 7th now, they may as well stay there and face Golden State. Some very shoddy officiating, but if y'all have watched the Rockets long enough, you know they have games where they even get screwed at home. Doesn't help that Nene, Ariza, and Joe Johnson brought nothing, and PJ picked up quite a few fouls early. Also, Brewer and Grant shouldn't get off that many points. Oh well, time to get Johnson and the RGV crew going this last two games.

Back
Top Bottom