Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

We have to stop starting Dorsey. I know he isn't playing major minutes, but any time Bev, Ariza, and Dorsey are on the court together, I feel like we struggle.

pimp.gif

gotta love the Corey Brewer acquisition 
pimp.gif

guy just provides for us off the bench and its refreshing 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

good win against Tdot 
pimp.gif

Got damn that was a good pick up with Corey. I love him on defense but if he can score like this as well come playoff time off the bench. Yes :pimp:

Could not have asked for a better game to go to personally after a 5 year drought. Not sure if i would've been able to survive a Rockets/Suns type game where the difference between a win and a loss/OT is a stepback ankle breaking jumper :lol: :lol: D-Mo's post moves & Smith's open 3's in person >>>>>*. It was great to see live the defense played, and the all out effort and hustle. Besides most of the 1st quarter, this team played like a team than can truly win a title, balanced offense, very good defense, and clutch shots when needed. The total opposite of the Dallas game. We finished with 25 turnovers, but we managed to force i think the same amount of turnovers. Cut our total turnovers for the night to less than 10, and we can have something consistent for once.

View media item 1414820View media item 1414821View media item 1414822View media item 1414824View media item 1414825View media item 1414826
Pics I took

So far tonight, it's looking like Bev, K-Pap, and Dorsey are all out tonight. Jason Terry will start, and Nick Johnson has been recalled from RGV. Terrence Jones will also start alongside D-Mo since Dorsey will be out. Reall interested to see how this lineup works against the Wolves tonight.

it's too simplistic to say we don't run an offense. it's not as precise as the spurs or hawks, but we do run a system which does consist of spacing (guys in the corners). we generate lots of open 3s. if we just hit those 3s, which we are very capable of doing, then it's fine.

and you're just complaining to complain if you're upset at our defense. we're a top 3rd team in defense and we've missed dwight for a very long time now. when he is in the lineup, we are an elite defense.

Those shots won't be there in the playoffs and even if they are that won't win us 4 games in a 7 game series. Great shooters average 40% from 3. James is the only one who can be characterized as a great shooter. Could we go off for one or two games and shoot 50-55-60% as a team; sure but the rest of the games are going to require points in the paint other than JH going one on one to go deep in the PO's

On a lighter note...

HPD has issued an Amber Alert for Ricky Rubio's ankles.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/...y-rubios-legs-to-silly-putty-then-drilled-a-3

Last edited:
Dwight, DMo, TJones and Harden all need to be eating during the playoffs in the paint. I'd be sick if bricked 3s gave us an early exit.

important game tonight, we gotta win this..

why does it seem like we always lose to the clips? 
ohwell.gif

because they have a coach good enough to exploit our weaknesses. and a real offensive approach that's potent enough to give our stifling, top 3 rated defense problems

just realized we haven't beaten them in like 2 seasons. :lol:

pre-beard

if luck was going to strike, it would be tonight I'd think, but I dont mess with that line of thinking. They are a potential matchup for us in the playoffs, so yea. We gotta figure that out

Last edited:
So do you think Houston front office regrets giving Dwight $90 mil?

Dude might already be washed up...

because they have a coach good enough to exploit our weaknesses. and a real offensive approach that's potent enough to give our stifling, top 3 rated defense problems

just realized we haven't beaten them in like 2 seasons. :lol:

pre-beard

if luck was going to strike, it would be tonight I'd think, but I dont mess with that line of thinking. They are a potential matchup for us in the playoffs, so yea. We gotta figure that out

Could not have said it any better :lol:. Up until a pinch after the end of the 3rd quarter of the last Clips game, it was actually encouraging they way the game was going, but the Rockets never sustained steady good play to close out. When the mistakes started happening in the 4th, it never stopped, and mad the game look much worse than it actually was. Man, i just want them to beat the Clippers at least once :lol: :smh:

Oh, Pat Bev is out tonight again due to flu-like symptoms....yaaaaaaay Terry & Prig vs Chris Paul :stoneface:

the spurs have a good coach, and a good offensive system, and we swept them last season. the clippers are just a bad matchup for us, the same way we've been for the spurs.

Back
Top Bottom