Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

This is freaking pathetic!!!!! Blake is treating the Rockets like Aldridge did last year. Too much talent on this team to be playing like this

Almost turned the game off at halftime smh.

Somehow we managed to come back and pull it off, but I honestly think it'll be a xmas miracle if we come back to win this series. Our pick and roll defense is so ******* dumb, we have absolutely no one to stop blake, Dwight has gone back to bricking all his ft's, harden can't get himself going...I could on for a while. The thing that ****** pisses me off the most is the lack of effort. So many times someone doesn't run back on their fast breaks and they end up with an open 3 that they make.

That being said, tjones really stepped it up in the second half and helped bring us the **** back. Brought energy on both sides of the court and got everybody on the team going. That's the tjones we need the rest of the series.

There was some flat out bad bball tonight, but it was great to see them dig deep and pull out a win. Howard anchored everything, and Harden finished them off. The adjustment made to pur Ariza on Griffin was excellent, as Jones was getting cooked, bakes, and sautéed. Agreed about Jones stepping up late though. He grabbed tons of much needed boards. Prig and Brewer were huge defensively as well. Have to limit the TOs though, especially on the road. Those would be brutal. Wheels up for Friday, let's steal a win. Will post pics tomorrow

@BimaThug: Underrated move by McHale in 4Q: NOT putting Josh Smith into the game (only played 2:49 total in 2nd half).

So god damn true

@BimaThug: Underrated move by McHale in 4Q: NOT putting Josh Smith into the game (only played 2:49 total in 2nd half).

So god damn true

Had this feeling after game 1. Smith isn't a good look for this series. Need to limit the turnovers. Hope the 3s fall down and D up a bit on Crawford. And then pray Harden has a Harden like game. Less dribbling around and drive to the hoop.

Salute to Mchale for finally doubling Blake and putting more pressure on the PnR I think they were trapping out of it also.

no one can guard blake one on one at least no one has shown they can so we have to double every time hes in the post. Tricky part is gonna come when CP0 comes back.

Who are we gonna let get good looks, Blake or Paul.

If paul doesnt play game 3 and Rockets come out ready and focused the'll take it. If they come out sluggish and play like they have at times these past 2 games ima be hot 
sick.gif
sick.gif

Good thing Smith was benched hopefully he gets his head right he makes horrible decisions at the worst times smh 

Last edited:
^as Harden was showing them love, I was like "I wonder if he's gonna say something to Kareem", then "noooooooo" :rofl:

why do houstonians rag on their team so hard... 

we came back from double digits and evened the series. defense wasn't great. howard bricking and deandre splashing his fts wasn't great. but i think at half time everyone was already calling the series a wrap. maybe it is the tmac years and the utah jazz/portland trailblazers dumping on us for 5 years but this is a different team. have some faith. 

my entire feed is "mchale doesn't know what he's doing" and "duke could score on us" and then 20 mins later "RED NATION STAND UP" 

cp3 is a big deal but if cp3's on the floor that just means crawford or frickin austin rivers won't be splashing threes. i thought the foul calling was in houston's favor near the end, when it mattered. hoping clippers don't get that kind of home court treatment. 

if we win one out of two in lac, we're fine. rockets just started heating up.

and the turning point was when jason terry dove on a clipper for the loose ball and forced a jump ball. like the vet he is, it pumped up the crowd and the team. i seriously think that was the most important play in the series for the rockets.

also, if we want to go anywhere near the title, we need josh smith to play well. smith needs to get rolling and get confident. didn't he have a near triple double in 1 half in the last series? 

Last edited:
Those jump balls were awesome. 37 year old 6'2" Jason Terry won one against 36 year old 6'10" hedo turkoglu :lol:

Actually we won like 3 or 4 jump balls in the second half that we shouldn't have won. The effort level in the second half was how we should be playing every night...especially in the playoffs. Huge game Friday. Hopefully we come ready.

Those jump balls were awesome. 37 year old 6'2" Jason Terry won one against 36 year old 6'10" hedo turkoglu
laugh.gif

Actually we won like 3 or 4 jump balls in the second half that we shouldn't have won. The effort level in the second half was how we should be playing every night...especially in the playoffs. Huge game Friday. Hopefully we come ready.
and deandre was hitting fts 2 at a time while dwight, brewer, and j smith were bricking them. game 1 they went nba jam three pointer mode in the third quarter. it is bound to average out

Way to dig deep and pull the game out but the Rockets have got to play better (WAY BETTER) to win the series.

Salute to Mchale for finally doubling Blake

It only took him a game and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude was on his way to damn near 40...after getting a triple double the last game. You would have thought Mchale would have started the game doubling Blake. With CP out who in that starting five can really hurt you except for Redick from 3? I'd double off Rivers every damn time and stay glued to Deandre under the basket

Way to dig deep and pull the game out but the Rockets have got to play better (WAY BETTER) to win the series.
It only took him a game and a half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude was on his way to damn near 40...after getting a triple double the last game. You would have thought Mchale would have started the game doubling Blake. With CP out who in that starting five can really hurt you except for Redick from 3? I'd double off Rivers every damn time and stay glued to Deandre under the basket
barnes and crawford launch threes like they're danny green. i know crawford had what felt like an absolute dagger of a three... can't believe that's the only one he made. 

we survived a game in which redick shot very poorly, and they were without chris paul.

yeah we came back from a double digit deficit, after blowing a double digit lead. it's nice to win, but let's not fool ourselves. we lost homecourt. they came here and did what they wanted. we need to get 1 in LA or this is over.

we survived a game in which redick shot very poorly, and they were without chris paul.

yeah we came back from a double digit deficit, after blowing a double digit lead. it's nice to win, but let's not fool ourselves. we lost homecourt. they came here and did what they wanted. we need to get 1 in LA or this is over.
i think we take one and might even take both. we might have let a game slip away but throwing cp3 back into the mix doesn't for sure make them better. who knows how banged up he is. even if we lose both, it still isn't over. not sure why i believe in this team. i think they finally showed up to play after the terry jump ball and it'll stay that way. 

What does losing homecourt even mean? 
laugh.gif

Never really understood

nvm I kinda get it 

hate when its said tho it sounds weird

they are expected to win both at home and if they do that they win series.

I feel we take one in LA it'll be tough but not impossible 

Last edited:
What does losing homecourt even mean? :lol:
Never really understood

nvm I kinda get it 
hate when its said tho it sounds weird
they are expected to win both at home and if they do that they win series.

I feel we take one in LA it'll be tough but not impossible 

5 games left, they have 3 at home and we have 2. they stole homecourt lol

why do houstonians rag on their team so hard... 

Cause so many times, certain things that happens with this team (along with the Texans) seems so ingrained and habitual, and I think a lot of us are hella tired of it. We've had a lot of good players come through both teams for a long time, and something always seems to go wrong, whether it's injuries or players just not playing up to par. So many of us here want greatness and can see that potential in these teams, yet there's way too many "here we go again" moments with these teams. I think I can speak for a lot of Rockets/Texans fans that in either sport, we're never comfortable with leads when there's time left. I've seen games where we're up by 2-3 TDs, everything is going right, but an ominous feeling would pop up, and what happens? The life is sucked out of the team and we're losing by a TD or more. Same thing has happened to the Rockets. Just in this season alone, there's been multiple double digit blown leads, but thankfully, they've done a better job at finishing the job more often than not. You can probably tell even if you've been at a Rockets game. Let's saw there's a 18 point lead in the middle of the 3rd quarter. This crowd will not be confident in that lead cause it's been lost tons of times. We pretty much expect that. This team (and past Texans teams) is too talented to be doing things like that at this point.

View media item 1523986View media item 1523987View media item 1523988View media item 1523989View media item 1523990View media item 1523991View media item 1523992View media item 1523993View media item 1523994

Cause so many times, certain things that happens with this team (along with the Texans) seems so ingrained and habitual, and I think a lot of us are hella tired of it. We've had a lot of good players come through both teams for a long time, and something always seems to go wrong, whether it's injuries or players just not playing up to par. So many of us here want greatness and can see that potential in these teams, yet there's way too many "here we go again" moments with these teams. I think I can speak for a lot of Rockets/Texans fans that in either sport, we're never comfortable with leads when there's time left. I've seen games where we're up by 2-3 TDs, everything is going right, but an ominous feeling would pop up, and what happens? The life is sucked out of the team and we're losing by a TD or more. Same thing has happened to the Rockets. Just in this season alone, there's been multiple double digit blown leads, but thankfully, they've done a better job at finishing the job more often than not. You can probably tell even if you've been at a Rockets game. Let's saw there's a 18 point lead in the middle of the 3rd quarter. This crowd will not be confident in that lead cause it's been lost tons of times. We pretty much expect that. This team (and past Texans teams) is too talented to be doing things like that at this point.
i lived through that decade. i know about the kris brown field goal kicks and the sage rosenfels life. i know about matt harpring and the tmac rockets. i just hate how hard some houstonians start hating on their teams. between random niketalk and my feeds, it's all armageddon posts

That's cause it literally feels like armageddon when a hail mary gets batted right into your opponents hands for a TD, or when your starting QB is launching passes to the other team on a weekly basis :lol: I've been fed up for the longest, yet keep getting reasons to stay the course

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom