Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

Like Dwight said, just win game 6 to get to game 7. I would've been both heated and underwhelmed had we lost, especially in the way we've been losing. Watching the post show right now, and they mentioned just what I was gonna mention, the fact that we weren't just launching 3s and running to "play defense". We played inside out and there was a better flow to the offense. I loathed the early perimeter D, guys just leaving the Clips players open, but thankfully they contested enough, and the Clips bricked enough. Dwight got to anchor the post, Harden got a triple dub even with apparently being sick all day, and Ariza/Terry came up huge. Loved the minutes Capela got too. His development is gonna be key for the future. Jones played good in spots, but both him and Smith were definitely liabilities a certain points. 1 game to get guys....1 game to get.

View media item 1531441View media item 1531442View media item 1531443View media item 1531444View media item 1531445View media item 1531446View media item 1531447

I love how there wasn't a single post in here about the game :lol:

Either before or during :lol:

Hey, I posted that article beforehand :lol:

It took for redick, Crawford, and rivers to go a combined 8/33 for us to finally slow them down. Unfortunately, I can't see them all shooting that poorly again. Hopefully though we can come out with that same intensity Thursday and steal game 6. After that...anything can happen in game 7. One game at a time though.

It took for redick, Crawford, and rivers to go a combined 8/33 for us to finally slow them down. Unfortunately, I can't see them all shooting that poorly again. Hopefully though we can come out with that same intensity Thursday and steal game 6. After that...anything can happen in game 7. One game at a time though.

Hope they do. I think it was more so by design. They did miss a bit of open shots in the first half, but the shots seemed more contested just looking at the effort on the closeouts.

I think Mchale realized Blake and CP3 are going to get theirs. The key is stopping the other players.

man. we came out and fought. ******* battled. gained a huge lead. AND KEPT THE ******* LEAD.

tears in my eyes man. at least we didn't go out like some punks

I love how there wasn't a single post in here about the game
laugh.gif

Either before or during
laugh.gif
houston fans 

houston fans 

Can't dry shade objective observers of basketball because we don't want to be delusional homers

The majority of the confident talk about the Rockets you've had so far has been wishing on a star. :lol:

exactly. no one here didn't think the rockets could win. it was more of realizing it was a long shot more than anything. it was a great win, but we still need 2 more.

Season on the line tonight. T -12 hours and 30 minutes and I'm already stressed. Life of the Houston sports fan.

Season on the line tonight. T -12 hours and 30 minutes and I'm already stressed. Life of the Houston sports fan.

Clippers gonna bring it tonight...the guys have to play like they did last game to pull it out. Should be the best game of the series.

we gonna have to show poise and execute. have to learn how to do that with aggression. If we just come out "aggressive" without the proper focus/context, we'll be turning the ball over all willy nilly and just running up and down the court gassing ourselves. pun intended.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom