Houston Rockets Thread - Preseason vs Spurs (Friday)

What a series. :pimp:

I love how we overcome the odds and comeback from being down 3-1, yet everyone continues to give us no chance in the upcoming series.
Lets shock the world, Rockets!

Congrats rockets fans, huge comeback in that series. I think the dubs are in for a everything they can handle and I'll he rooting for Houston. Hawks fan here and good to see dwight and josh flourishing under mchale right now. Would be a crazy finals if atlanta were to meet Houston in the finals and would have dwight and Josh coming home to atlanta to play. Rockets and Hawks will both he underdogs obviously in their respective series but I think they're both toss ups. The Rockets are loaded. Just as much as the dubs are in my opinion. The last 3 games against the clippers proved it. Dubs are in for it.

Last edited:
pimp.gif

Last edited:

I love how we overcome the odds and comeback from being down 3-1, yet everyone continues to give us no chance in the upcoming series.

Been like that all playoffs. Mavs said we were the matchup they wanted too. Wish we played wednesday and the east game was Tuesday, but it is what it is. Let's ride the momentum and steal game 1 in Oakland.

It's going to be a better series than people are expecting. Memphis had the blueprint but not the personnel...the Rockets do. Whereas GSW could pack the paint and not worry about the shooters they'll get killed if they do that against the Rockets. Mchale has gotta be committed to feeding Dwight the ball and running high low with T Jones and Josh though. If they try to have James go 1 on 5 the Rockets are gonna get dump trucked just like they did every game during the season.

Got to watch GSW and the Rockets up close both times they came to Houston...GSW is a lethal team. I would give the Rockets 0 chance without the players they brought in mid-year. Just like the Clippers the Rockets have enough talent to win...can Mchale put together the correct game plan is the question.

It's going to be a better series than people are expecting. Memphis had the blueprint but not the personnel...the Rockets do. Whereas GSW could pack the paint and not worry about the shooters they'll get killed if they do that against the Rockets. Mchale has gotta be committed to feeding Dwight the ball and running high low with T Jones and Josh though. If they try to have James go 1 on 5 the Rockets are gonna get dump trucked just like they did every game during the season.

Got to watch GSW and the Rockets up close both times they came to Houston...GSW is a lethal team. I would give the Rockets 0 chance without the players they brought in mid-year. Just like the Clippers the Rockets have enough talent to win...can Mchale put together the correct game plan is the question.

agree with all this. McHale has to outcoach and gameplan Kerr flatout and that will come down to match ups as well. Rockets have the players they just have to believe they can pull it off

A caller on 790:

"I'd like to thank Pat Riley for being desperate and giving Bosh an extra 30 million. I'd also like to thank Marc Cuban for that terrible offer **** for Parsons. Also, I'm grateful that Minnesota gave up Brewer for nothing, and I'm thankful for Detroit waiving Josh Smith and paying him not to be there".

Can't argue with any of that :lol: I can only imagine where this team would be had we stayed the course with the roster that was first assembled in October. I'm also wondering what this team would have been like had it been Dwight, Harden, Parsons, and Bosh. Like, who would've even filled out this roster :lol:?? This is exactly why Harden and Howard were put together, and why Morey has been swinging all these deals for years. This team can do something very good, just have to make sure guys play their roles, and McHale puts in a good gameplay like yall mentioned.

:lol: at that 790 caller. nothing but truth. man we dodged so many bullets. Even with Rondo and Melo as well. I feel we have a ton of depth and we dont even have DMo & Bev. Imagine if we had them :x :smh: :pimp:

all of this. We have the bodies. They'll come out fired up.. Execution/Strategy will be even more important this series. Tony Allen was a big factor early in the series, and when he went down, it changed the dynamic. We don't have a Tony Allen, but Brew/Ariza can get after it.

I still want to see the lineup of

PG: Harden (guard 3/person handling least on offense)
SG: Brew/Ariza (guard 1,2 on defense)
SF: Brew/Ariza (guard 1,2 on defense)
PF: TJ/Josh
C: D12

To close games I like that lineup.

I think we should start with terry on curry. Curry is gonna get his anyways. Rather have Ariza lock down Thompson. Treat him like we did Redick in games 5-7. We have the personnel I think. Can we execute for a 7 game series at this high of a level though?

I think we should start with terry on curry. Curry is gonna get his anyways.

I mean, why though? Legitimately would like to know the advantage of starting and giving primary minutes to Jet/Prig

Rather have Ariza lock down Thompson. Treat him like we did Redick in games 5-7. We have the personnel I think. Can we execute for a 7 game series at this high of a level though?

Klay is 20 times the player Reddick is. You think Ariza is going to "lock up" either of those guys? imo, our focus should be throwing off their gameplan/flow.
Can Brew not guard Curry at all?
Can Brew not guard Klay?

Might not be able to execute the bigger (defense playing) lineup well because of our willy nilly style (on defense), but those 5 bodies imo would easily be the best matchup to give the Warriors problems. I'd start Josh again against Dray. With a quickleash. TJones in the cut

Yeah. Don't really follow the logic of not wanting to start a crew, but you can finish with them :lol:

Why not just start then? :lol:

No one can guard curry. He's gonna score regardless because they run him off screens and not isolate. I''m not saying never put them on curry, I'm just saying leave the starters as is right now.

To close out games absolutely play the lineup you suggested. I just think it's similar to last series in the sense that you let the star get his and cut everyone else off.

Because it you start your best 5, you automatically lessen the quality of the bench. Terry prigs jones off the bench? No thanks. Balance the lineup, close out with your best 5.

Last edited:
The lineup of harden, brewer, Ariza, smith, and Howard all feed off each other's style of play.

Just have to stagger their minutes so you don't have 5 blah guys on the court at the same time.

The lineup of harden, brewer, Ariza, smith, and Howard all feed off each other's style of play.

Just have to stagger their minutes so you don't have 5 blah guys on the court at the same time.

Yeah, and it becomes easier to stagger their minutes and get them all rest if they don't start together.

Terry and Prigs would be great off the bench in like 99% of situations. I mean, that's exactly what they are. Bench players. (That have to start due to injury). (I'm lowkey wishing we found a way to enable Nick Johnson this season)

The one caveat here is that Shawn Livingston is the backup and he can get aggressive at times with that size. But surely there's a way to stagger the mins and fig out a way.

I just don't see why we're locking ourselves into having the disadvantage. You can't just "let" Curry score. Dude's gonna catch fire with bums guarding him.

Last edited:

I think we should start with terry on curry. Curry is gonna get his anyways. Rather have Ariza lock down Thompson. Treat him like we did Redick in games 5-7. We have the personnel I think. Can we execute for a 7 game series at this high of a level though?

This. Just like I posted in the other thread...Curry's gonna get his regardless so why worry about it. Put your best defender on Thompson and hold everybody else down. Yeah steph might drop 45 on you once or twice but if he goes crazy and everybody else is held in check...I like the Rockets chances.

To me, the biggest thing is to make Curry work on D, GSW likes to hide him by having him gaurd somone who isn't a big offenseive threat. They gotta run pick and roll to get him switched on to Harden then have James go at him. He's a great shooter but he's still human. If you make him work on both ends those legs'll get tired in the 4th. May not help you in games 1-3 but games 4-7 it could.

Back
Top Bottom