Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

Saw that sack credit on the bottom of the screen :pimp: It's gonna be a tough race for the DPOY, but Watt should pull it out.

I don't know about Routt starting :rolleyes But you may be right. With Ball being awful, I could not fathom the possibility of Routt playing worse. And He got Jason Allen's old number :lol:

Last edited:
Honestly I think DPOY is Watt's to lose.

J.J. Watt: 15.5 sacks, 15 PD, 27 TFL, 31 QB hits, 1 FF
Von Miller: 15 sacks, 2 PD, 24 TFL, 19 QB hits, 5 FF
Aldon Smith: 17.5 sacks, 0 PD, 15 TFL, 23 QB hits, 3 FF

I found these stats online. Also note that Von has a pick 6 and I think he added a few more sacks tonight.

If Watt keeps playing the way he has all season he should win it. Von is knocking on the door tho.

Man these jackets are dope :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
:pimp: those jackets

Man I don't care what anyone says, no one impacts the game like Watt, not even Von.

Dudes on here talking bout Von is the best defensive player in the L, he barely drops back into converge :lol: talking about his run stop is underrated. Cause he can barely do it :lol:

As long as watt keeps his production steady its his to lose.

Aldon isn't even in the convo, had it not been for his 5 sack game his name wouldn't be brought up. Same for Tillman and his 4 FF game.

I know this isnt Nike but I need help

Can't find this thing anywhere online. Has anyone seen this anywhere and if so (local - in Houston) point me in the right direction. Or if you see it, Ill pay for shipping etc.

Thanks NT

Last edited:
I know this isnt Nike but I need help

Can't find this thing anywhere online. Has anyone seen this anywhere and if so (local - in Houston) point me in the right direction. Or if you see it, Ill pay for shipping etc.
Thanks NT
Damn I just seen these like last week on Nfl shop and the Texans store.

I was gonna buy one and I didnt
mean.gif
 Now they all sold out.

Hopefully they restock at some point just make sure to keep checking online.

Ill check out some academys this week and see if they got any tho.

Damn I just seen these like last week on Nfl shop and the Texans store.

I was gonna buy one and I didnt:smh:  Now they all sold out.

Hopefully they restock at some point just make sure to keep checking online.

Ill check out some academys this week and see if they got any tho.

Your telling me, I saw it all over last week (Eastbay, Champssports, Footlocker, Lids, New Era, etc) and then just waited a bit and now that I'm ready to get one I can't find one anywhere, online or in stores in Houston.

If you locate one, lmk and I'll do the same.

Thanks man.

Also

Via McClain
[table][tr][td]Quote:[/td][/tr][tr][td]TE Garrett Graham will not play at New England cause of a concussion.[/td][/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Quote:[/td][/tr][tr][td]Without Graham, FB James Casey will get more play at TE. Texans use 2 TEs a lot.[/td][/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

Last edited:

Texans players got some brand new gear in their lockers on Friday: Letterman jackets.

Nose tackle Shaun Cody came up with the idea. He told his best friend, outside linebacker Connor Barwin, who immediately loved it. Texans director of equipment services Jay Brunetti arranged for the jackets to be delivered on short notice.

“The jackets turned out awesome,” Barwin said Friday as he modeled his for a group of reporters at Reliant Stadium. “We’ve got a great group of guys. Anything that represents the camaraderie of this team, guys are excited about, and that’s exactly what the jacket does.”

Barwin said he hopes for the entire team to wear the jackets when they travel to New England on Sunday morning.

“We have a dress code,” Barwin said. “The idea is to wear them on the trip to New England -- everybody’s going to wear them on the plane, on the trip to New England, on the bus. (I’m) pushing for khaki pants, white shirt, blue tie, jacket, so it looks like we’re about to get on a yellow bus with shoulder pads in our hands.”

The jackets are predominantly Deep Steel Blue with the Texans’ logo over the left breast. On the right sleeve just above the elbow is each player’s number stacked on top of his position group – LB, DL, DB, WR, etc. – in white lettering with red outline. Barwin said the jackets will soon have patches on the left arm to commemorate the Texans’ 2011 AFC South title for players who were on the team last season. Captains also will get patches on the left sleeve.
The Texans will add more patches for any future division titles and conference and Super Bowl championships. The idea is to "kind of build a tradition the longer you’re here, the more patches you get on your jacket,” Barwin said.

Every single player on the team – offense, defense and special teams – got a jacket. Newly-signed cornerback Stanford Routt is the only player without one, but Barwin said Routt has put in his order and will get one soon.

“The fans can go create their own jacket, but this is obviously something that you only get if you’re on the team,” Barwin said. “You can’t go buy this jacket at Academy Sports. We want it to be just for us guys, but obviously, we can’t stop people from making their own.”

Barwin said the way the entire team embraced the idea of the jackets – dozens of players proudly wore theirs in the Texans’ locker room on Friday – is a sign of the team’s camaraderie.

“I used to say before the season it feels like we’re on a college team,” Barwin said. “Everybody gets along. We have so much fun. And this jacket, you feel like you’re on a high school team where it’s all about winning, it’s all about being around a group of guys. This jacket is just another symbol of that.”

Honestly if Reem gets toasted im driving to NE after the game and punching him in that smiling face of his :smh: :smh: :smh:

We really do travel well.
Houston loves their football team.
Can't wait for tomorrow. :smokin

at the jets game there was a whole section under me of red :pimp: :pimp:

i had no idea we traveled like that :pimp:

really upset i couldnt make it to that NE game.

the lettermans are pretty cheese lol, but i like the idea of building traditions. these guys want to win, and i appreciate that.

Judging from tonights MNF game

The pats look like they played some local HS team from houston.

Lettermans? wow.

Last edited:
Welp.

Back to the drawing board.

:lol: :smh:

Funny thing is I said we will win a close gritty game or get blown out :lol: :smh:

We still hold our future and hopefully finish 3-0

Still say this and this game proves it even more.

Kubs is going to cost us in a playoff game with his play calling.
It's always been a knack on him since he got here. Another thing that bothers me is that he lacks that "killer instinct"

That might also be something thay comes back to bite the team in its ***.

No arguments here. We got our butts handed to us. I still don't get how fans can watch a game and sit in and posts in these threads while watching, just relax and enjoy the game, but that's a different topic on it's own.

Was scared coming into this game since we haven't played a team like the Pats on the road. Had my money on the Texans, but anytime anyone goes against Brady and the hoody in New England in December it's more likely then not a L especially in a prime time game, but what the hell, I'm a Texan and that's my team. 11-2 still the best record in the AFC and we still control our own destiny as far as HFA goes. We have our faults and our downsides but so does every team, I still like our chances but come the postseason it's a 3 team race, Pats, Texans, and Broncos with the Pats having the advantage due to Brady, Hoody, and that Home field. I've always felt is best for a team to get exposed late in the season so they aren't so content with mediocre play just because they've been coasting by and getting W's (ala 16-0 Patriots but they were insane in the regular season). For my sake, lets just hope the Texans just bounce back and get better especially with 3 tough games coming up (Colts, AP, Colts).

Game thoughts:
-Brady came to play, straight toyed with our DBs
-Pay Welker, I don't see Edelman or anyone else replacing him, his chemistry alone with Brady is worth it.
-Schuab didnt show up, not because of the Pats D so much, his throws were just off all night
-Pats worried about stopping Foster and they did, props
-Those early penalties set the tone of the game (first play illegal formation, didnt even show a replay, PI on a 3rd down on an uncatchable ball). Not saying it is the reason we lost but it set the tone.
-We miss Cushing badly, his leadership and coverage skills.
-Kareem Jackson should have just fell on the ball instead of scoop it up, easily could have been a closer game at the end of the 1st but between Schuabs INT, ghost penalties, and Jackson's mind fart, we are down 21-0 and we all know that's a bad sign playing the Pats.
- 1 on 1 coverage with Andre and we still don't look his way enough. Makes no sense, we establish Andre, that makes the Pats adjust and double or send a man on top of him and opens the playbook, but nope.
-Kubiak is conservative, wish he had that killer instinct that Hoody has.

Overall, a good asskicking never hurt a team if they bounce back and set the time these next 3 weeks for home field advantage and get on a role into the postseason.

Good win Patriots, y'all killed us.

Kubiak and Wade **** the bed last night. They're gameplan was garbage.

They should've utilized Owen Daniels and Casey in the passing game more, the Pats linebackers suck in coverage.
Schaub looked like crap though, he was off all night.

I don't know what Wade was doing to start the game, you show your blitz early against Brady and you're as good as done if you don't get there.
I thought the defense settled down somewhat, but the offense was so inept to even make the game respectable.

But the way some people are talking you'd think we'd miss the playoffs. We can still end up 14-2, that's not a bad season.
One thing is obvious, the defense is now a problem :smh:. I want last years defense back

They should've utilized Owen Daniels and Casey in the passing game more, the Pats linebackers suck in coverage.

THIS is what i thought the texans would do. spikes and mayo in coverage are :x

granted, mayo blitzed a ton, but spikes on daniels or casey is mismatch city. thought they would go IN on that matchup.

Back
Top Bottom