Houston Texans Pre-Season 2015 - Hoyer's The Starter....By GAWD KING!!!

I read they were trying to move up for Bud Dupree or Dorsett

I woulda loved to get Dorsett Colts tho 
mean.gif

I see us going with a WR and LB today in rounds 2 and 3. Wouldnt be surprised to see us take a RB or TE tho.

Strong, Kendricks, or Perryman in the 2nd would be nice I doubt they take a flyer on Gregory.

Akoye was 310, but he was another one of those get up the field fast DTs they constantly drafted instead of a tank in the middle. He also played smaller than 310. Basically a finesse DT.
yeah i remember this but he was also a teenager with no ceiling. 

edit: found his gem from the past

"To compare a player to White is something that can not be done without much consideration. But the more you see Okoye on game films, the more convinced you become that he will not only have a long, fruitful career, but will continue to grow both physically and mentally. He has such great fire and plays with the relentless pace that made White the measuring stick for all other defensive linemen. He has the low center of gravity to play over the head of the center, the speed and explosion to shoot the gaps and the quickness to even move out and attack on the edge. Okoye is The NFL Draft Report's top-rated player for the 2007 draft."

Woooooooow at that right up :lol: they could not have been more wrong. The Texans used his youth as a crutch, and 8 years later, he amounts to a 5th round pick. That's a damn shame.

it seems we went safe, and i don't mind that.

Feel the same.

Ditto to us probably picking a WR/LB (or converted DE) in the second and third rounds. As long as it's the best player available, I'm cool with that.

Woooooooow at that right up
laugh.gif
they could not have been more wrong. The Texans used his youth as a crutch, and 8 years later, he amounts to a 5th round pick. That's a damn shame.
Feel the same.

Ditto to us probably picking a WR/LB (or converted DE) in the second and third rounds. As long as it's the best player available, I'm cool with that.
even though i'm sure they've improved, for the most part the draft is a bit of a crap shoot. i actually forgot patrick willis, revis, and lynch came after that pick. each arguably the best at their position for 2-3 seasons. but with drafts, okoye's blurb also had

"
[table][tr][td]
Okoye was the youngest athlete to appear in a collegiate game in 2003 at age 16 … The strongest player on the team, boasting a 475-pound bench press … His 15 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in 2006 tied Michael Josiah (2001) and Ted Washington (1990) for 11th place on the school's single-season record list."
[/td][/tr][/table]
pre-draft they always do the same thing with (this year) kevin white, tavon austin, trent richardson, etc. it's a crap shoot. i remember thinking nick fairly (the big tackle wilfork now is) instead of that jj watt guy. 

mean.gif
mean.gif
 Dont know why we traded up dude woulda still been there at our original pick. Not like it matters tho that 4th round pick woulda been useless either way

He fills a need and can move inside or outside but I wanted Perryman or Kendricks if we were going LB 
mean.gif

**** Seattle man 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Traded up and stole Lockett from us smh

Really wanted him on the Texans.

Strong will be a nice addition. I dont know sometimes I watch his highlights and feel he'll be a bust lol. Hope he turns into a good player here 
pimp.gif

Benardrick Mckinney Highlights 

Jaleen Strong Highlights

Im warming up to the McKinney pick. Looks like hes gonna be a solid player for years to come.

Yet again it seems like were just 1 pick too late. Lockett really grew on me and I felt he wouldve fit perfectly here and we would have finally had that speedy slot receiver but got picked 1 before us smh.

Strong is a nice player and im sure he'll grow into his own and contribute. 

Overall I feel like our draft has gone well. We are filling the positions we need which is a good thing but ive felt we coulda gone with different players at a couple positions.

O well we'll see how everything pans out.

Im ready for TC to start! 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I feel like all these are solid picks. Nothing sexy like I'm sure we all wanted, but still very solid. Seems like we got McKinney earlier than we had to, but got Strong later than expected.

View media item 1517219View media item 1517220View media item 1517221View media item 1517222View media item 1517223
Well well well....that Covington pick (for me at least) was probably the most telegraphed, cause he always have a Rice guy, and we always have those faster undersized DTs. At least in 2015 we actually have multiple widebodys on the roster though. Our draft is complete, and I'm looking forward to other signings and moves being made leading up to the regular season.

I also didn't know the Posey was included in the Jets trade to get Strong. Sucks he couldn't workout here as I kept campaigning for him. All that means is the WR shuffling got even more interesting. I do hope this is the end of the Kesean Martin experiment, since the Texans drafted one of his teammates.

This sounds terrible, but I wish it was Martin who tore his achilles instead of Posey

Reshard Cliett is supposedly gonna move to safety at least thats what I've read.

Drafting that WR outta Michigan St was a head scratcher 
mean.gif
 but can't really expect for this bum to get quality players in later rounds like the other good teams ou there. 

Dont understand why we didn't draft a Guard... XSF will be better but dude couldn't even get on the field last year smh. If we have an injury to the line we better hope this WR can block 
laugh.gif

Also I saw that we are trying to trade DJ... Don't really know how to feel about that. I know he has a knack for making boneheads plays but I'd like to see him play one more season before cutting ties with him.

Last edited:
Swearinger sucks. He's a linebacker trapped in a safety's body.

At least the majority of the time he was on the field, he was allowed to play to his strengths by playing in the box.

He can't cover anyone and he's a huge liability against the pass.

Well he's not that great of a tackler either.

Throughout last season I always said on Twitter without any stats to back it up that I thought he was our worst regular DB. When PFF released their final stats after the season that was backed up. He's just not good.

I swear I've never seen Swearinger wrap up to make a tackle :lol: I always see him just using his shoulder for a big hit. I still think he can be a game changer, but it's looking like he needs compliments around him for that to be consistent.

Last edited:
How do yall feel about resigning Mercilus and to that contract?

Hes played alright the past couple of years imo. He has to step it up this season.

His rookie season he was 
pimp.gif

I don't mind that contract. With Watt and a healthy Clowney, he should be able to outperform it pretty easily.

They said his IG post was at 3AM Like...just flat out cut him??? Not even a trade for a draft pick?? Somebody hit this thread with some updates on this since I won't be able to til later. I'm very curious as to why/how this happened.

They said his IG post was at 3AM Like...just flat out cut him??? Not even a trade for a draft pick?? Somebody hit this thread with some updates on this since I won't be able to til later. I'm very curious as to why/how this happened.
They tried to trade him, but couldn't 
laugh.gif

Just speculation, someone on the new coaching staff doesn't like him. The news stories of him stealing his own truck and his dog biting Clowney certainly didn't help either 
roll.gif

He's good enough to be on the team, so there has gotta be something else going on. 

Back
Top Bottom