How Bad Is One 5 Hour Energy Drink A Day?

I go through one just about every day, smh...

What are the potential consequences of this??

That's probably the healthiest energy drink so it shouldn't have any consequences.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

It almost killed me.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jumpshot

That's probably the healthiest energy drink so it shouldn't have any consequences.
I agree with it being the healthiest of all of the ones out right now in the market, but I'm still pretty sure that there must be aconsequence to you drinking one everyday. You might develop a dependency on it. Maybe get some headaches if you go out with one for a day and also raised heartrate. But on that note 5 hour energy drinks FTW. I love that thing but I only use it prob 2 3 times a month. But when I do use it I feel on point.

Its no different than having a cup of black unsweetened coffee every day so its not that bad.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

What do you do that you need 1 a day my friend?
I'm out of school now so I have a lot of time to play soccer. The 5 Hour Energy drinks really improve my game and focus.

Nothing like waking up hungover on a Saturday morning, downing a 5 Hour Energy and getting on the field.

Also, I'm kinda addicted to them now cause I always ask myself what I would do different if I drank one, when I don't have one.

Caffeine is good for you, and most energy drinks have the equivalent of less than two cups of coffee's caffeine in them.

People freak out about energy drinks without knowing a thing about them.

Do some sort of study, like what happens when you drink one a day for 30 days, then dont drink one at all for the next 30.
The hell is wrong with my post? Why's it indented?

i might try one of these

you just buy from gas station like all others? cause ive never seen them

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Caffeine is good for you, and most energy drinks have the equivalent of less than two cups of coffee's caffeine in them.

Says the man who has a sn and avy all about a product that kills people though multiple types of cancer every day. Energy drinks are in NO way good for you atall.

Originally Posted by abernja

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Says the man who has a sn and avy all about a product that kills people though multiple types of cancer every day. Energy drinks are in NO way good for you at all.

No, says the guy who is a certified health and fitness nut and smokes zero cigarettes a day.

I never claimed that energy drinks were good for you, most have too much sugar to be even close to healthy. But caffeine by itself is good for you, and 5-hourenergy has caffeine and next to no (if not zero) sugar.

A lot of people think energy drinks have unsafe amounts of stimulants without any scientific backing whatsoever. Countries in Europe have banned the sales ofRed Bull, which has less caffeine than a cup of coffee. It's insane how people make judgements without educating themselves in the slightest.

The only ingredients you could even make a case for being somehow potentially harmful in 5-hour energy are the preservatives and sucralose, an artificialsweetener found in a ton of things.

How is caffeine good for you?

Im serious, because I was always thought it ruins your thinking, heart etc..

Energy drinks are full of sugar, they have more sugar content than Coke. Suffice to say, an energy drink once in awhile is perfectly normal.

Originally Posted by I3

How is caffeine good for you?

Im serious, because I was always thought it ruins your thinking, heart etc..

Energy drinks are full of sugar, they have more sugar content than Coke. Suffice to say, an energy drink once in awhile is perfectly normal.

"Several large studies have shown that caffeine intake is associated with a reduced risk of developing Parkinson's disease (PD) in men, but studies inwomen have been inconclusive. The mechanism by which caffeine affects PD remains a mystery. In animal models, researchers have shown that caffeine can preventthe loss of dopamine-producing nerve cells seen in Parkinson's Disease, but researchers still do not know how this occurs."

"According to one study, caffeine in the form of coffee, significantly reduces the risk of heart disease in epidemiological studies."

"Caffeine is an ergogenic, increasing the capacity for mental or physical labor. A study conducted in 1979 showed a 7% increase in distance cycled over aperiod of two hours in subjects who consumed caffeine compared to control subjects. Other studies attained much more dramatic results; one particular study oftrained runners showed a 44% increase in "race-pace" endurance, as well as a 51% increase in cycling endurance, after a dosage of 9 milligrams ofcaffeine per kilogram of body weight. Additional studies have reported similar effects. Another study found 5.5 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram of bodymass resulted in subjects cycling 29% longer during high intensity circuits. Caffeine citrate has proven to be of short and long term benefit in treating thebreathing disorders of apnea of prematurity and bronchopulmonary dysplasia in premature infants. The only short term risk associated with caffeine citratetreatment is a temporary reduction in weight gain during the therapy,[58] and longer term studies (18 to 21 months) have shown lasting benefits of treatment ofpremature infants with caffeine."

"Researchers involved in an ongoing 22-year study by the Harvard School of Public Health state that "the overall balance of risks and benefits [ofcoffee consumption] are on the side of benefits."

"A longitudinal study in 2009 showed that moderate drinkers of coffee (3-5 cups per day) had lower chances of developing dementia, in addition toAlzheimer's disease. Some health effects of coffee are due to its caffeine content, as the benefits are only observed in those who drink caffeinatedcoffee."

"Recent reports suggest that caffeine may be useful in treating allergic reactions due to its ability to reduce the concentration of histamines, thetypical body response to an allergy-causing substance."

"Caffeine has long been known to help many people suffering from asthma."

"There is also evidence to suggest that caffeine may reduce the risk of kidney stones."

etc. etc.

Back
Top Bottom