How Come There Are No Filipino NBA Players?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Theres alot of good Filipino players, and we have some pretty dope leagues here on the east coast, Hoopsville for you NYC/Jersey Filipinos.

As far as the NBA goes, were just too damn short.
laugh.gif

you playing in hoopsville? haha pretty funny i play for top gunz

dont worry ill make the league....
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Theres alot of good Filipino players, and we have some pretty dope leagues here on the east coast, Hoopsville for you NYC/Jersey Filipinos.

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

There's some cats that played D-1 ball in the U.S (Gabe Norwood- George Mason Final 4 run, Jared Dillinger- University Hawaii, and Japeth Aguilar- Western Kentucky) but they all decided to play PBA and National Squad. Gabe and Jared have decent height (6'3-6'5) but they are tweeners and we know how that goes in the NBA. Aguilar is tall but he has no strength.

There's some cats that played D-1 ball in the U.S (Gabe Norwood- George Mason Final 4 run, Jared Dillinger- University Hawaii, and Japeth Aguilar- Western Kentucky) but they all decided to play PBA and National Squad. Gabe and Jared have decent height (6'3-6'5) but they are tweeners and we know how that goes in the NBA. Aguilar is tall but he has no strength.

^ im from nj and use to play ball on the regular but not as much... my boy won that league this year at hoopsville... i dont know the name of there team because i dont really keep up with it but they got gold jerseys with maroon trim....

^ im from nj and use to play ball on the regular but not as much... my boy won that league this year at hoopsville... i dont know the name of there team because i dont really keep up with it but they got gold jerseys with maroon trim....

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by amel223

Poor training.  I think the philippines just don't how to train their players.  They should take their best athletes and ship them off to europe or the usa. 

Naw man, we're just not that tall or athletic. My dad told me he used to play center back in the day... at 5'7 
laugh.gif

I don't give a damn, I'm claiming Nate 
pimp.gif
I'm not gunna say that we're not short compared to other countries as awhole, but there are tall filipino players.  The problem is that thefilipino model of training is that if you're 6"2 and up, you're forcedto play a power, down on the block game.  Every filipino player shouldinstead focus on agility, speed drills, ball handling, shooting, etc,no matter what height. 

They should follow the european model where even if you're a big guy, you have to learn to play on the perimeter. 

A guy like Japeth Aguilar would've stood a chance in the nba but theyshipped him to the US too late.  If he had grown up in the US or inEurope he would've stood a chance.  6"7.  NBA agility.  NBA hops.  But no one bothered to teach him athing.  No one taught him any guard skills.  Now he's just a waste of athleticism. 

Filipinos just don't know how to train period. 

If Manny Pacquiao was left to the devices of filipino training, no one would know who he is.  All that raw talent would've been left to waste.

makes sense for nate being filipino

i mean...look at him!
roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
he still taller than i am though
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Poor training.  I think the philippines just don't how to train their players.  They should take their best athletes and ship them off to europe or the usa. 

Naw man, we're just not that tall or athletic. My dad told me he used to play center back in the day... at 5'7 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
I'm not gunna say that we're not short compared to other countries as awhole, but there are tall filipino players.  The problem is that thefilipino model of training is that if you're 6"2 and up, you're forcedto play a power, down on the block game.  Every filipino player shouldinstead focus on agility, speed drills, ball handling, shooting, etc,no matter what height. 

They should follow the european model where even if you're a big guy, you have to learn to play on the perimeter. 

A guy like Japeth Aguilar would've stood a chance in the nba but theyshipped him to the US too late.  If he had grown up in the US or inEurope he would've stood a chance.  6"7.  NBA agility.  NBA hops.  But no one bothered to teach him athing.  No one taught him any guard skills.  Now he's just a waste of athleticism. 

If Manny Pacquiao was left to the devices of filipino training, no one would know who he is.  All that raw talent would've been left to waste.

makes sense for nate being filipino

i mean...look at him!
roll.gif

Spoiler [+]
he still taller than i am though
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I don't know a Filipino person taller than 6 feet tall, that might have something to do with it
laugh.gif

I don't know a Filipino person taller than 6 feet tall, that might have something to do with it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Word? I have a few boys that play for Top Gunz in youre talking about Top Gunz from Queens.

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Word? I have a few boys that play for Top Gunz in youre talking about Top Gunz from Queens.

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I agree with you.. and I'm a filipino btw..

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I agree with you.. and I'm a filipino btw..

Back
Top Bottom