How Crazy/Confusing is it to Ride METRO in DC?

had to ride the metro today because my car was being serviced. i hadn't rode in a year and i remembered everything. it's not hard at all, OP.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

how crazy is it during 4-6/ rush hour cause I`m prolly gonna head over to Howard
It can be a little crowded at the main transfer stations like Chinatown/Gallery Place and Metro Center but going to Howard on the green line it's straight around that time. I'm warning you though the Howard metro stop isn't right on the campus, you gonna have to walk a bit to get there or take the 70 bus.
haha oh bump that, I`m from ATL and I aint frail but I`m gonna be DOLO and I aint no fool. Chick was telling me Pentagon Mall and Georgetown werenice places to hit up, I guess I`m gonna be solo though
frown.gif

haha I know one of yall mofos gotta be off/have early classes Thur
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

if i remember correctly, [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]you can ride the subway right to howard.[/color]

the subway in general was a breeze when i was there for the presidential inauguration back in january.

and
laugh.gif
yep, the carpet is
pimp.gif
NOTSAMUCH

you gotta walk maybe 10 mins to get to campus....and what you gotta walk through definitely makes you wanna NOT walk
laugh.gif
But Luch is a dude so he'll be straight. If you feel like waiting aneternity, you can ride the shuttle bus (which hardly ever comes when you effin' need it) OOOOOOR, make sure you get you a lil' bus transfer once youget off the metro and you can pay like a quater or 35 cent to ride the city bus. Which I highly recommend cuz the 70 is a gauranteed LAUGH. You'll getdropped off right in front of campus. Between the hours of 4-6 is straight....and if I'm not mistaken it may even be discounted.

And Luch....you already know we'd hit up Georgetown and ball outta control
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

if i remember correctly, [color= rgb(51, 51, 51)]you can ride the subway right to howard.[/color]

the subway in general was a breeze when i was there for the presidential inauguration back in january.

and
laugh.gif
yep, the carpet is
pimp.gif
NOTSAMUCH

you gotta walk maybe 10 mins to get to campus....and what you gotta walk through definitely makes you wanna NOT walk
laugh.gif
But Luch is a dude so he'll be straight. If you feel like waiting an eternity, you can ride the shuttle bus (which hardly ever comes when you effin' need it) OOOOOOR, make sure you get you a lil' bus transfer once you get off the metro and you can pay like a quater or 35 cent to ride the city bus. Which I highly recommend cuz the 70 is a gauranteed LAUGH. You'll get dropped off right in front of campus. Between the hours of 4-6 is straight....and if I'm not mistaken it may even be discounted.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yea I might just go to Georgetown alone and or Pentagon Mall just to get out the room then head back and sleep.

it shouldn't take you more than a day of riding to get used to it. even less if you sit down and spend 10 or 15 minutes just looking at the map.

i went to college in northern virginia, so i got to learn the subway system down there pretty quickly.

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

it shouldn't take you more than a day of riding to get used to it. even less if you sit down and spend 10 or 15 minutes just looking at the map.

i went to college in northern virginia, so i got to learn the subway system down there pretty quickly.
I mean in ATL we got MARTA which I`m sure is more confusing, being that they make that junt difficult for no reason, but I`m prolly just going tohit up Pentagon and Georgetown, haha I dont wanna look like a tourist taking pics, so I`ll just snap hella cam phone pics

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

and
laugh.gif
yep, the carpet is
pimp.gif
NOTSAMUCH

laugh.gif
But Luch is a dude so he'll be straight. If you feel like waiting an eternity, you can ride the shuttle bus (which hardly ever comes when you effin' need it) OOOOOOR, make sure you get you a lil' bus transfer once you get off the metro and you can pay like a quater or 35 cent to ride the city bus. Which I highly recommend cuz the 70 is a gauranteed LAUGH. You'll get dropped off right in front of campus. Between the hours of 4-6 is straight....and if I'm not mistaken it may even be discounted.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

But yea I might just go to Georgetown alone and or Pentagon Mall just to get out the room then head back and sleep.
another nice area to roam around is chinatown...it's a stop right off the greenline. It's the "gentrified" part of town sothat's where the decent lookin' broads of DC be at. I know it's an H&M over there and an american apparel and probably more.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

there is no 'georgetown' stop on the metro, on purpose...
if you build it.....they will come

But it's not hard to get there, just get on the G2....and now I think they even got that circular bus (you can catch it in Chinatown) that stops atGeorgetown

haha can someone just give me just tell me where to get off to get to Georgetown,PEntagon MAll, and I guess China town?
haha and if I get jacked its NT's fault

yeah qft

you can get off at rosslyn, gwu, or dupont and take the blue bus to georgetown. pentagon city (the mall) and chinatown have their own stops. chinatown is onthe red line (gallery place/chinatown stop)...and pentagon city is orange or blue line, i forget.

it's not a bad system once you get used to it. just rode it back to my hotel in md from the wizards game actually

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

yeah qft

you can get off at rosslyn, gwu, or dupont and take the blue bus to georgetown.

it's not a bad system once you get used to it. just rode it back to my hotel in md from the wizards game actually
I mean at stations are the landmarks listed on maps, to make it simple or will I need to know how to get to certain areas to find these spots?

i remember we walked around georgetown and went to a hookah bar on wisconsin ave or somethin.

the georgetown area is super nice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i never had any problems with it and it was like heaven compared to me coming from the nyc subways everyday; cheap, clean, not SUPER crowded from when irode...just an overall more pleasant subway experience than what i deal with everyday in nyc

the station architecture is legit too, oh and carpets
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

The DC Metro system is one of the easiest you're likely to encounter. Just check out the rail map online and you'll be fine.

Remember, there's no rail stop in Georgetown. Your best bet is to get off at Dupont Circle, then walk down P street over the bridge. Once you hitWisconsin, you'll be right near Major.

If you're gonna be near Howard, check out http://www.everlastinglife.net/Soul Vegetarian Cafe. I'm sure people will provide all types of recommendations on otherrestaurants, sightseeing, and sneaker spots, but as a resident of downtown DC I'm happy to suggest a few things if you like.

Have a great trip!

Originally Posted by Shapeshiftah

I mean in ATL we got MARTA which I`m sure is more confusing, being that they make that junt difficult for no reason, but I`m prolly just going to hit up Pentagon and Georgetown, haha I dont wanna look like a tourist taking pics, so I`ll just snap hella cam phone pics
i feel you on that... i grew up taking nyc transit, so when i moved to virginia for school, learning the subway system down there was a breeze.

if my memory serves me correctly, you can take the orange or blue train to rosslyn and walk over this bridge to get to georgetown. georgetown has a nicelittle harbor area with a few restaurants. i think there's a direct train to the pentagon mall, too. it's been a few years since i moved back to nyc.

Originally Posted by Method Man

The DC Metro system is one of the easiest you're likely to encounter. Just check out the rail map online and you'll be fine.

Remember, there's no rail stop in Georgetown. Your best bet is to get off at Dupont Circle, then walk down P street over the bridge. Once you hit Wisconsin, you'll be right near Major.

If you're gonna be near Howard, check out http://www.everlastinglife.net/Soul Vegetarian Cafe. I'm sure people will provide all types of recommendations on other restaurants, sightseeing, and sneaker spots, but as a resident of downtown DC I'm happy to suggest a few things if you like.

Have a great trip!
I`m gonna be at Crystal City Sheraton isnt that sorta by downtown DC? and how is Georgetown and such at night, hah I`m gonna be solo and you knowhow that is

Originally Posted by Method Man

Remember, there's no rail stop in Georgetown. Your best bet is to get off at Dupont Circle, then walk down P street over the bridge. Once you hit Wisconsin, you'll be right near Major.

If you're gonna be near Howard, check out http://www.everlastinglife.net/Soul Vegetarian Cafe. I'm sure people will provide all types of recommendations on other restaurants, sightseeing, and sneaker spots, but as a resident of downtown DC I'm happy to suggest a few things if you like.

Have a great trip!

SOUL VEG!!!! They got the ill tofu tacos.....

Back
Top Bottom