How do u deal with dissapointing ur parents?

I am feeling such dissapointment, happiness, mix etc of stuff right now.

Told my very very old school traditional indian parents that ive had a non indian gf (asian) for the past thee years and we want to get married.

Dad took it fine..but mom just broke down crying etc.

Hate seeing flaws in parents. So dissapointed in her. She is so smart, well read, progressive but so close minded about this one area.

I cant be happy in what should be the happiest time of my life knowing how much she feels she failed with me.

Nt....words of advice?

For this situation, or non situation really, you've done nothing wrong. If your parents love you they'll get over it.

Can't say that I've been in this situation but you can't please everyone. She has to accept it eventually.

She'll be fine. Time heals everything. S/O to interracial relationships even though I'm not in one. Diversity is awesome.

I am feeling such dissapointment, happiness, mix etc of stuff right now.

Told my very very old school traditional indian parents that ive had a non indian gf (asian) for the past thee years and we want to get married.

Dad took it fine..but mom just broke down crying etc.

Hate seeing flaws in parents. So dissapointed in her. She is so smart, well read, progressive but so close minded about this one area.

I cant be happy in what should be the happiest time of my life knowing how much she feels she failed with me.

Nt....words of advice?
you have old fashioned traditional indian parents.. it's their fault for bringing you to America

I have old fashion Indian parents also. They're always on my case about getting married to an Indian girl and nobody else. Both will be heated when I say I'm not marrying an Indian girl. Don't feel disappointed in yourself just live your life and eventually your mom will come to twrms

You don't deal with it! They including friends and other family have their opinions and concerns, and you have yours. If she can't accept it than what can you do? Break up with a girl you care and love just to appease your mom? Pretty damn obvious your mom is selfish and care more about what she wants than what you want. Live your life OP.

Last edited:
i would just go through with it anyway OP and not worry about what other people think...you have to do what you want to do to be happy

Where is Foosey to make sense of this?
roll.gif

You came to the worst place for some advice :lol:

It all has to do with grandchildren and bloodline, keeping yours 100, if your moms is old school like u say. Live your life bro like others said here, we only get one turn at this ride , enjoy it how YOU see fit.

Good luck ....

From one Desi to another idk I dont think there is anything you can do bro.. My moms wild out when I told her I went out with a Asian chick.. Tamlbout what happened to all the Indian girl... I love my parents but when I turned 18 i just stopped trying to please them... My parents never support me on any thing.. All they do is complain about how other kids are doing... Foh mane

Back
Top Bottom