How Do You Feel about the HB2 law? VOL....NORTH CAROLINA

So recently bruce Springsteen and pearl jam have cancelled shows in nc because of the law...people are calling for the nba to not hold the all star game there as well.

Carolina has been drawing national attention for new legislation that blocks cities and local governments from passing antidiscrimination measures that could protect gay and transgender people. Here’s a closer look at how this law, which is seen as a major step backwards for LGBT rights, came to be.

On Feb. 22, Charlotte, N.C., passed an ordinance expanding North Carolina’s antidiscrimination laws so that LGBT people would also be granted protection in places of “public accommodation” — which, among other things, would allow transgender people to use the bathrooms of the gender they identify as. This ordinance was to go in effect on April 1.

But in response, at a special session on March 23, North Carolina’s General Assembly proposed and passed the House Bill 2 (HB2) — or the “bathroom bill” — and Gov. Pat McCrory signed it into law that same night.

The new law did more than repeal the Charlotte ordinance. It made the state’s law on antidiscrimination — which covers race, religion, national origin, color, age, biological sex and handicaps — the final word. Meaning cities and local governments can’t expand “employment” or “public accommodations” protections to others, such as on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

Minimum wage also falls under the state’s antidiscrimination law, so this law means local governments aren’t able to set their own minimum wages beyond the state standard.

Proponents of the new law say that Charlotte’s measure expanding North Carolina’s antidiscrimination law was governmental overreach by the city. They also argue that this is a matter of safety for women and children in public restrooms and showers. But LGBT activists say that safety hasn’t been an issue in the 18 states or the more than 100 cities where protections for gay and transgender people already exist.

41cf9GZAlqL._SY300_.jpg

Never thought id see da day where telling people wit slongs to use stalls was a problem.

Btw, da NBA bluffed.

Oh and, this is strictly a Transexual issue..bunching da acronym here like when bird man was running around yellin YMCMB meanwhile he's da only 1 gettin paid :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
I like seeing governors sweat after signing off on or doing dumb ****, ex. North Carolina, New Jersey's governor, Michigan' governor. Theses dudes be doing the absolute most for no reason

I like seeing governors sweat after signing off on or doing dumb ****, ex. North Carolina, New Jersey's governor, Michigan' governor. Theses dudes be doing the absolute most for no reason

No, despite popular opinion, many politicians are pretty smart. They're just beholden to their constituents, who they depend on to elect (and keep) them in office.

They do it to appease people like this:

41cf9GZAlqL._SY300_.jpg

Never thought id see da day where telling people wit slongs to use stalls was a problem.

Btw, da NBA bluffed.

Oh and, this is strictly a Transexual issue..bunching da acronym here like when bird man was running around yellin YMCMB meanwhile he's da only 1 gettin paid :smh: :lol:

While politicians who support these bills frame it as a safety concern and keeping creepy dudes out of womens bathrooms, this is really about people being uncomfortable around transgender people. Its not for safety. Its not to uphold the mythical longstanding tradition of gender specific bathrooms. Its about people being unable to officially accept something that's been going on for years.

Its not just a transgender issue, either. Its a perception issue as well. For example, a girl who does not identity as trans or anything was kicked out of a McDonalds for "using the wrong bathroom." Only, she wasn't using the wrong bathroom. Because she's a girl. http://metro.co.uk/2016/04/07/girl-...out-after-staff-thought-she-was-male-5800905/

Last edited:
I've seen women run up in the men's room before due to long *** lines for the ladies room. I've seen men go into a woman's bathroom. I've been in a woman's bathroom. It's no big deal. Whether you were born your gender or made your gender you know how to conduct yourself. If you don't a law isn't gonna stop you 
laugh.gif

That scene was hilarious. I will admit if I go to the bathroom and see a woman at the urinal and getting pee everywhere with her bad vagina aim, i'd wonder why she just didn't use a stall.

Yall never used a co-ed restroom? Could care less who's in the next stall when I'm droppin dem deuces. :lol:

I fully support the trans persons right to choose which bathroom to use.

Republicans sounding sheltered as hell talking about women's safety. FOH.

I've seen women run up in the men's room before due to long *** lines for the ladies room. I've seen men go into a woman's bathroom. I've been in a woman's bathroom. It's no big deal. Whether you were born your gender or made your gender you know how to conduct yourself. If you don't a law isn't gonna stop you :lol:

Basically :lol:

Noticed women's bathrooms tend to be dirtier which surprised me slightly.

Even if you're not upset at transgender people being targeted by this, which you should, you should be upset at how the state blocked the city ordinance.

I've seen women run up in the men's room before due to long *** lines for the ladies room. I've seen men go into a woman's bathroom. I've been in a woman's bathroom. It's no big deal. Whether you were born your gender or made your gender you know how to conduct yourself. If you don't a law isn't gonna stop you 
laugh.gif

Basically
laugh.gif

Noticed women's bathrooms tend to be dirtier which surprised me slightly.
Women's bathrooms are absolutely disgusting and I don't know why

Adam Silver seemed serious about not only the emergency meeting to discuss the all star game, but also said it would make no sense to continue to leave a team there given the circumstances so that was something else they'd discuss. Could be empty lip service though

One of the very few issues I agree with ninja on. Don't kill me NT liberals, I'm usually with y'all on topics but not this one. If you were born a dude, you are a dude to me and should use the men's room. Will I get all pissy if this law gets overturned? Nope, but I understand why it's there.

Glad the NBA cares about social issues though, they have taken quite the stand when it comes to those annoying Jared Dudley commercials and contemplating moving the all star game. I didn't see them cancel any games in Chicago when the murder rate was through the roof, or I didn't see them take a stand when in NYC when that man got choked out by police

If I have to take a ****, I'm gonna take a **** no matter who's in the restroom with me.  I don't care.  I don't spend my time worrying about bathrooms.  

If people are legit worried about "safety", carry protection on you, be it pepper spray or a gun or whatever.  If you're afraid of your kids getting messed with, guess what?  This law means you can go in with them and stand guard, as it were.  Doesn't matter if you're mom or dad.  

It's just the boogeyman of the month.  Gay marriage was legalized, so they have to go after something else.  

If you really have a problem with it, don't use public restrooms.  A lot of people don't.

The law makes no sense, they are concerned about people getting raped and molested in bathroom by perverts right?

What is stopping gay dudes from molesting me in a male bathroom? :lol:

They're probaly at a higher risk of homophobic attack in the mens room than the ladies.

Back
Top Bottom