How do you feel about the term "culture vulture"?

7AFB2AC4-2B0C-43B6-A000-5B50D549C04B.png

Does this mean any black person involved with basketball or wearing basketball shoes is a culture vulture? Just playing devil’s advocate here and I think if someone is displaying another culture disrespectful then it’s wrong but evolution of society can push things in a different direction than its origin. Why can’t people just do/wear what they like? Respectfully, of course.

Also- the Ben Franklin quote. He was hating on ethnicities that are all considered “white people” (Spaniards, Italians). Oppression is an evil thing. But to say anyone who likes/wears something that originated from a place different than their own is wrong is just crazy, in my opinion atleast. That means none of you can enjoy food from a different background as you, or music, etc.

I’m sure I’ll get **** talked for this but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
7AFB2AC4-2B0C-43B6-A000-5B50D549C04B.png

Does this mean any black person involved with basketball or wearing basketball shoes is a culture vulture? Just playing devil’s advocate here and I think if someone is displaying another culture disrespectful then it’s wrong but evolution of society can push things in a different direction than its origin. Why can’t people just do/wear what they like? Respectfully, of course.

Also- the Ben Franklin quote. He was hating on ethnicities that are all considered “white people” (Spaniards, Italians). Oppression is an evil thing. But to say anyone who likes/wears something that originated from a place different than their own is wrong is just crazy, in my opinion atleast. That means none of you can enjoy food from a different background as you, or music, etc.

I’m sure I’ll get **** talked for this but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it’s just my opinion.

There is a major difference in creating something due to being impoverished in order to make ends meet, and someone stealing it from you in order to make a profit, and then willingly being involved in a sport as a part of an entertainment enterprise. Not all Black people play basketball, but all white people live with white privilege.

What White supremacy has wrought is the right for whites to determine what is legitimate, the whole Colombus I discovered something concept. It isn't legit unless someone white cosigns it. That is the problem, and that is what makes white people, the ultimate culture vulture. White people suffer from white supremacy as well, as it doesn't do them any favors in regard to perception, reputation, character. White privilege due to white supremacy, places a standard of burden for whites to prove that they can be trusted by NON Whites in this world. White male supremacy sits there as well, because it forces white women to vote against their own best interests. This places an extra burden upon white women as well among other women of color.

BTW, a Black man created the machine that makes lasts for those sneakers that Black people are wearing....for which White people benefit from as well.
http://blackinventor.com/jan-matzeliger/

Last edited:
What about women and oppression? Men are still trying to decide what’s right to do with my own body. You see me preaching? I acknowledged white privilege. And stealing ideas. I’m referring to simply wearing things, listening to music, etc. all done respectfully and in appreciation.

There is a major difference in creating something due to being impoverished in order to make ends meet, and someone stealing it from you in order to make a profit, and then willingly being involved in a sport as a part of an entertainment enterprise. Not all Black people play basketball, but all white people live with white privilege.

What White supremacy has wrought is the right for whites to determine what is legitimate, the whole Colombus I discovered something concept. It isn't legit unless someone white cosigns it. That is the problem, and that is what makes white people, the ultimate culture vulture. White people suffer from white supremacy as well, as it doesn't do them any favors in regard to perception, reputation, character. White privilege due to white supremacy, places a standard of burden for whites to prove that they can be trusted by NON Whites in this world. White male supremacy sits there are well, because it forces white women to vote against their own best interests. This places an extra burden upon white women as well among other women of color.

BTW, a Black man created the machine that makes lasts for those sneakers that Black people are wearing....for which White people benefit from as well.
http://blackinventor.com/jan-matzeliger/
Assuming you’re a black male in the late 1820s I believe you could legally vote. I couldn’t until 1920.

Edit. I googled. Black men could legally vote in late 1870s (just by skimming the timeline)

What about women and oppression? Men are still trying to decide what’s right to do with my own body. You see me preaching? I acknowledged white privilege. And stealing ideas. I’m referring to simply wearing things, listening to music, etc. all done respectfully and in appreciation.
Due to white privilege, the right people do not get credit for that creation. They think Elvis is the king of rock and roll, but Chuck Berry and others created the genre he used. They could not play the big halls, nor get the recognition of such, due to being Black. The people who create something should benefit the most, don't you think so?

White male supremacy, as stated in the other post, has not done white women any favors at all. I personally have come to know that God is a Black woman. I am happy about that.

Due to white privilege, the right people do not get credit for that creation. They think Elvis is the king of rock and roll, but Chuck Berry and others created the genre his used. They could not play the big halls, nor get the recognition of such, due to being Black. The people who create something should benefit the most, don't you think so?

White male supremacy, as stated in the other post, has not done white women any favors at all. I personally have come to know that God is a Black woman. I am happy about that.
I’d take a black woman over a white man as God anyday, myself, honestly. I’d have more rights.

Assuming you’re a black male in the late 1820s I believe you could legally vote. I couldn’t until 1920.

Edit. I googled. Black men could legally vote in late 1870s (just by skimming the timeline)
White women take all credit for the women's rights movement, the very one that Black women created. White women seem to forget that through convenience.
In 1870 I still could not walk down the street on the same sidewalk as white men in many parts of the country, without stepping to the side and allowing them to pass, even though I supposedly could count all the beans in the jar, and then vote. This was a law.

White women take all credit for the women's rights movement, the very one that Black women created. White women seem to forget that through convenience.
In 1870 I still could not walk down the street on the same sidewalk as white men in many parts of the country, without stepping to the side and allowing them to pass, even though I supposedly could count all the beans in the jar, and then vote. This was a law.
They took credit or did what they needed to do at the time in order to get the job done because black people were still oppressed. I don’t trust “history” as it’s portrayed because most history was written by white men of power. Let’s just agree to disagree. I myself am still marching for rights.

They took credit or did what they needed to do at the time in order to get the job done because black people were still oppressed. I don’t trust “history” as it’s portrayed because most history was written by white men of power. Let’s just agree to disagree. I myself am still marching for rights.
Nope, not true at all. It wasn't needed, because as soon as those white women got their rights, they forgot all about the Black women who created the movement. To this day, Black women are not given the credit they deserve for what they started. There is no excuse for it. None.

CULTURE VULTURES

Nope, not true at all. It wasn't needed, because as soon as those white women got their rights, they forgot all about the Black women who created the movement. To this day, Black women are not given the credit they deserve for what they started. There is no excuse for it. None.
I can’t explain their behavior I wasn’t alive back then.

A Black woman created the #metoo movement, she was forgotten. #metoo didn't get rolling, gain national attention, until some white woman decided to use the platform, and all of sudden everyone thought that white women were in charge. This is happening right now. Black women are more educated than any other people on this planet, yet they are still underpaid, and also lacking representation. So let's not make it seem as if ALL women are in the same boat in regard to oppression. White racist women always go against their best interests, and then will look out for themselves first, before any other woman of color.

A Black woman created the #metoo movement, she was forgotten. #metoo didn't get rolling, gain national attention, until some white woman decided to use the platform, and all of sudden everyone thought that white women were in charge. This is happening right now. Black women are more educated than any other people on this planet, yet they are still underpaid, and also lacking representation. So let's not make it seem as if ALL women are in the same boat in regard to oppression. White racist women always go against their best interests, and then will look out for themselves first, before any other woman of color.
I don’t think I ever used to term ALL before I said women. I was generalizing to describe degrees of oppression women verse men and that we are also still suffering. I wouldn’t ever even preach about this **** unless provoked because nobody on here cares and if they do my opinion won’t change theirs. The end. You have your belief, I have mine. We both expressed our opinion on a thread. Have a blessed day :smile:

I don’t think I ever used to term ALL before I said women. I was generalizing to describe degrees of oppression women verse men and that we are also still suffering. I wouldn’t ever even preach about this **** unless provoked because nobody on here cares and if they do my opinion won’t change theirs. The end. You have your belief, I have mine. We both expressed our opinion on a thread. Have a blessed day :smile:
This is something else that white people do. It is either their point of view? Or there is no point of view at all.

Preach. Nobody cares.

Here's the problem in your condescension, I am not looking for you, nor anyone else's acceptance. What you are speaking to is to allow others their comfort. Well, where there is lack of comfort in truth, there is guilt. You should be allowed to be yourself as a woman. The only reason you have any privilege in this society is because you are white. If you feel that someone is saying some sexist, misogynistic crap on here and are insulted by it? You have a right to speak on it if you choose. It takes courage to be who you are.

I am incredibly comfortable with being a Black man, everywhere I go. So no disrespect, if your blessings aren't coming from a Black woman?

Back
Top Bottom