How do you react to an older person (60+) cutting in front of you in a line?

Doesn't matter how old you are, you still have to wait in line. If I have a cart full of stuff and you just got a can of beans that's different though. But otherwise, I tell them I was standing there in line, and direct them towards the back. You don't have to go all the way to the back, but you can't cut me. Hopefully, there's some NTers in line who will gladly let them cut so they only have to wait one more turn and get behind me. I do often notice a particularly nationality has a tendency to always try to cut, especially the FOB ones, they just stand off to the side of someone near the front of the line and look around all clueless until the line nudges forward and they try to just step in. Every time.

THIS. Exactly what I was thinking.

My neighbor and I met in giant. We were hoping in the express line, and one lady popped in front of us like oh excuse me. My neighbor thought nothing of it and let her pass, then she said "Come on." Next thing I know this little niglet is pushing a cart past us up to his mom. It was the perfect plan really. We looked at the cashier like >D >D but she said she can't turn people back.

So for the next 1/2 hour I was stuck there watching this chick get 40 some cartons of yogurt, giant had some sale going on. Looks like she did her next months worth of shopping.

Neighbor was only trying to get 2 drinks. He was salty as ****.

try being cut by an older person who doesnt even speak english. lol. i just laugh it off

It ain't no catch 22, nobody is above as *** whoopin
you're gonna put hands on a senior citizen?

grin.gif

I don't know, never had that happen with an older person. I'll say something right away to anyone else.

It depends on the situation...if I was really in a legitimate hurry (not just wanting to go somewhere else) and they had a bunch of stuff, I might speak up. I think I'm extremely respectful to the elderly but unless it seems like they really weren't aware what they did, I'd might just say, "Excuse me" at first and if it didn't work, whatever.

Old people have less time to live in most cases, I usually wave them in front of me.

Some of these responses = :wow:

Who never got cut in front of ? :rofl:

Last edited:
Not even trying to sound like a racist/bigot, but elderly Asian ladies have this down to an exact science. Happens to me everytime at the grocery store haha. I ain't eem mad. One lady has done it to me about 5 different times before and says "oh you again" every time she does haha. I try and avoid the line she enters now

has anyone ever seen someone cutting in line ahead of them (not directly, but a few people in front), and then you proceed to cut that person who just cut? It seems like you'd be good money every time because the people who that person just cut obviously don't care, and then that person you just cut (who just cut everyone) shouldn't have any beef with you either

Last edited:
It's never happened to me, but I imagine if it did it would go something like this...

Me: "**** off, ya dopey ****! There's nowt cutting in line 'ere! Get owt of 'ere or get to the back or the line or summat. Knob'ead!"

NOTE: My hypothetical self is usually from Manchester for some reason. Also, you don't want to mess with hypothetical Canadian lobotomybeats

I would tap the old guy's shoulder then look him in the eye.

I would say "Just because 80% of the people you knew are dead doesn't give you...

Then just before I finish that sentence I'd regain my spot in line.

Last edited:
I'd point behind their back and say 'look, a Werther's Originals truck just overturned and individually wrapped hard candies are spilling everywhere' and then I'd take my spot back.

Unless I'm in line for the new X-Box or anything dropping with limited quantity, yeah I would have a problem. Anything else, no. I would however acknowledge the fact to them that they did cut me, but play the nice guy act and say I'm ok with it.

has anyone ever seen someone cutting in line ahead of them (not directly, but a few people in front), and then you proceed to cut that person who just cut? It seems like you'd be good money every time because the people who that person just cut obviously don't care, and then that person you just cut (who just cut everyone) shouldn't have any beef with you either
Chinese cuts and frontsies backsies? That's that elementary ****. Doesn't fly in adulthood. They probably know the person they just let cut them.

I'd say "ma'am, I think Katt Williams just took off in your Hoveround" and then laugh when she says "nice try, sonny. I have a Rascal"

Age doesn't mean a damn thing to me. If anything a 60 year old has been through life long enough that they should know not to do that due to possible repercussions. I will ask the person why they cut in front of me and hope they hit me first so I can lay them out. I know tough guy laying out a senior citizen. I don't play dammit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And i wouldnt trip. I regularly let women and elderly people cut ahead of me in line anyway. The satisfaction of knowing youre a gentleman is better than the minute or two you saved. Not that serious.

i'll politely tell them they skipped me and go right in front of them and tell them they can stand behind me

guess im in the minority here.

i dont care how old you are, it doesnt give you a free pass to be an inconsiderate a-hole.

if an old person asked if they can hop in front of me in line, ill say yes 100% of the time.

if they just try to do it all sly. no chance. ill let em know that its not gonna happen.

full disclosure. my grandmother, who I love with all my heart, is an 85+ yr old asian woman (1st ballot hall of famer for linecutters) and she seen some rough times in her life like the Japanese occupation of Korea. When I'm with her, i dont let her play that game. She can wait (with me) like everyone else.

Happened a couple days ago at a Paul McCartney concert in the line for t-shirts. I didn't care cause they clearly weren't my size anyways, but a couple behind me did. Overall that line was a disaster tho :lol:

It depends what it is. Most of the time it's not worth getting into an argument over.

Back
Top Bottom