How early should I book a trip to Vegas?

I'm looking at June 2010 and Orbitz shows multiple flights already at very close to capacity and a handful of hotels with just a few rooms left. Wouldbooking in December (6 months out) still be okay? I want to be absolutely positive the trip will work out, so I don't want to book too early. Thanks.

6 MONTHS should be more than enough time. You should find out whats happening that month. It seems strange that so much would be tied up a year in advance.

^Yeah w/ Vegas there are always deals going on. You should be good a month or two in advance UNLESS there is a big event going on during the time you want togo (All Star Game for example). But I can't think of any at the moment.

with any sort of flights, you always want to book either super early or super late... it's like anything else in the supply and demand world, when peoplearen't generally looking they will cut prices. So like, right when a flight becomes available it will be about normal/avg price, then drop significantlyfor a bit til they move some seats... then go back up, stay pretty consistent until about a week before the flight when they'll drop again.

That's probably as typical a pricing pattern as you'll see - but again, it's all supply and demand. If they aren't filling seats on a flight,you might find a great deal.

The other tricks I've always heard were to book Wednesday early mornings (like 2 AM easter)... for some reason they're supposed to be lower accordingto some place like consumer reports.

And typically Saturday and Wednesday flights are the cheapest of any of the week... or rumored to be. I've seen it in some cases, but not in others.

Check out Kayak - put in your dates but don't click submit, just move the calendar ahead and see what the cheapest prices in the new few months will be.

As far as hotels or package deals? Really just depends on how bad Vegas will need people out there... if it's a busy weekend there for some convention orsomething, you won't find a lot of cheap hotel deals. If it's slow, they'll be begging you to stay with them pretty much. Check out fatwallet'stravel forums, for the thread on all vegas hotel codes to use.

Most won't have deals yet for that far out in advance - but in another month or so they will start having deals that don't expire til like march.

Back
Top Bottom