How far are we out on a Hollywood Filipino Flick?

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

I dunno what you want as a lot... would a few million be a lot? We got more Filipinos than Japanese, but they've still got big movies out. I'm not sure on the hater-comment that you're trying to make, but it doesn't make sense.
Maybe because the Japanese have a better cinema, style, and well known actors, producers, etc etc. I cant think of one famous Filipino actor/actress off the top of my head.

Ding ding ding!There hoc have it folks. Philipino cinema is unknown to the rest of the world. Until the philipines step it up, you'll be disregarded from the conversation.

But why can't it be produced in America by Americans? Afterall, we're a couple generations deep here... why does it half to be limited to being produced in the Philippines? Why do we have to have popular Filipino actors to be in it? Other ethnicities have portrayed other ethnnicities in movies since movies existed. Take the Korean star who led the Japanese character in Ninja Assassin. Heck you csn get Ken Watanabe to be a convincing Filipino. Secondly, Filipino stars can be made... there jus has to be a movie for it.

Originally Posted by proper english

this is what i dislike about our culture... 
looking at other (3rd world) countries progress in the arts gets me so mad... 

meanwhile.. Filipinos are giddy for the next installment of Shake Rattle & Roll.... 
just wondering what are the other 3rd world countries are progressing in the arts that upsets you so much?

I can think of latin american (in particular mexico and argentina) and indian cinema that have risen to prominence.

Originally Posted by Demps

the only person that is recognizable is manny..

when he retires. people arent going to know what a phillipines is.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Is Rob Schneider Filipino? If so, mind blown.

Like all the other 'star' Filipinos, he's half...

Like Tim Lincecum, Tia Carrera, Batista, Foxy Brown, JayZ, 50 cent, Tupac, Obama, etc.

Jay-Z? Tupac? Obama?
eek.gif
Can someone fill me in on this! I'm sorry but I don't believe it.

I Know there is a new movie coming out called "I Love You Virus" Its about the I Love You Virus from a few years back. It stars Philippines very own Jericho Rosales, Not really a filipino movie per say but some what loosely based on a filipino guy who created the virus.

i don't want to see this happen... i can't even tolerate the TLC channel
laugh.gif
... but i doubt a flip movie would come out anytime soon at least not before a bollywood film

Really tho -

There's such a large amount of Filipinos in America - I'm sure the movie couldn't do that bad if Pacquiao doesn't sing or act in it.

If you want action on an Braveheart level about Lapu Lapu?
Drama? Do something like Magsaysay's life... or corruption drama with Marcos'.
Maybe you need real war drama, I'm sure there could be a "Tuskeegee Airmen"-type movie from the WWII goings ons.
Comedy? Eaasily have Rob Schneider running the streets of Manila with his costar Adam Sandler.

I dunno. I just feel like it's time.

We gotta be able to do something better than this.

American-Guerilla-in-the-Philippines-WW-II-Movie-with-Tyrone-Power.jpg
i die
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jell0man

Its possible, man. I feel like there's more and more Filipino people on TV everyday, more than other types of Asians. The only time I saw a Lao person on TV was on America's Most Wanted
30t6p3b.gif

Dont forget about Kahn

Originally Posted by Demps

the only person that is recognizable is manny..

when he retires. people arent going to know what a phillipines is.
What a douche bag thing to say.

hollywood would have to willingly make their own cause movies from the philippines are straight trash. they got like 3 stars there and are reused for every movie.

Filipinos are coming up. AKA we are largely in the mix. You just don't hear it in the media. In the Chicago scene we are pretty well respected.

And there are a few different critically acclaimed movies about Jose Rizal FYI.

And :¦ @ you for trying to water us down. We are already watered down enough %$+@.

Like Tim Lincecum, Tia Carrera, Batista, Foxy Brown, JayZ, 50 cent, Tupac, Obama, etc.

Please tell me you are kidding.

Please no..  Pretty, pretty please no.   
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by buggz05

Filipinos are coming up. AKA we are largely in the mix. You just don't hear it in the media. In the Chicago scene we are pretty well respected.

And there are a few different critically acclaimed movies about Jose Rizal FYI.

And :¦ @ you for trying to water us down. We are already watered down enough %$+@.
Please. 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Please tell me you are kidding.
lol throwback nt running joke right there

Originally Posted by you go boy

i don't want to see this happen... i can't even tolerate the TLC channel
laugh.gif
... but i doubt a flip movie would come out anytime soon at least not before a bollywood film

You'd retract that statement if you watched GMA programs. Worst. Acting. EVER!

Back
Top Bottom