How hard is it to re-rack the weights?

You take the plates off the rack and you put them on the bar, when you're done you take the plates off and put them back on the rack. Is it THAT hard?

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

You take the plates off the rack and you put them on the bar, when you're done you take the plates off and put them back on the rack. Is it THAT hard?
The suspects are usually the age group of 16-21. Kids are lazy nowadays.

Agreed but its never going to change. Just another example of do-what-i-want mentality of people in public settings. They are not to be inconvenienced, andracking weights takes too much work and too much of their time. So the rest of us have to guess if people are on machines or assume people arent, then getyelled at when people really are. It's fun.

Personally though this ranks far below the dirt balls who walk out of the locker room bathroom stalls and walk right past the sinks and into the weightroom totouch everything I'm likely about to touch.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

You mean any age.

A guy the other day was benching around 400 lbs. 4 plates and a 10 on each side. I ask him if he's done after his last set and he says "yea". Hewalks away and I got to take all those +!@@%@$*%!!$* plates off. I just said %$%@ it and used the machine press and dumbbells.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

You mean any age.

A guy the other day was benching around 400 lbs. 4 plates and a 10 on each side. I ask him if he's done after his last set and he says "yea". He walks away and I got to take all those +!@@%@$*%!!$* plates off. I just said %$%@ it and used the machine press and dumbbells.
laugh.gif

I see dudes do this with the Smith Machine.
roll.gif

%#*@ that. The next man needs to see how much weight I'm pushing on those 3 in. ROM presses.
pimp.gif

It's like those people that leave trash out on tables after the finish eating, or people that don't push in their chairs when they are done, etc...

you'll always have those people, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

You mean any age.

A guy the other day was benching around 400 lbs. 4 plates and a 10 on each side. I ask him if he's done after his last set and he says "yea". He walks away and I got to take all those +!@@%@$*%!!$* plates off. I just said %$%@ it and used the machine press and dumbbells.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Freakin' meat heads.

would be better if the gym used one of the 5 employees that just stand at the front desk to go around and tell people to re-rack their %*#$

imo the only time it's acceptable to not re-rack is on the leg press, you can probably leave 2 plates on each side.

i also hate when i gotta move a 45 to grab a 10. how hard is it to bend down and put it on the lower rack

leaving plates used to bug me so much. then i found something that bugged me even worse.. when a single person uses 3 different sets of dumbbells and has all 3at his foot. the hell man.. you so lazy to use a set then return it and take another? makes me
smh.gif

Originally Posted by brrraptors

leaving plates used to bug me so much. then i found something that bugged me even worse.. when a single person uses 3 different sets of dumbbells and has all 3 at his foot. the hell man.. you so lazy to use a set then return it and take another? makes me
smh.gif
NAH BRO IM SUPERSETTING WITH ALL 3 SETS OF DUMBBELLS

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

leaving plates used to bug me so much. then i found something that bugged me even worse.. when a single person uses 3 different sets of dumbbells and has all 3 at his foot. the hell man.. you so lazy to use a set then return it and take another? makes me
smh.gif
Some people (myself included) do this with 2 sets of dumbbells. If you ARE supersetting I don't see the problem.

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

smh.gif
Some people (myself included) do this with 2 sets of dumbbells. If you ARE supersetting I don't see the problem.

2 sets fine. 3 sets at 6 o clock when all dumbbells are scattered, its not ok.

i find it more annoying when people put like the 20 lb dumbells on the 95 lb dumbell rack. like are you seriously that lazy you cant take your pansy %@+weights all the way down to the other side?

I just hate when fools dont rack dumbbells properly and they swing in and out the rack with every touch. Once one falling missed my foot by about 3 inches, cuzI still managed to jump up while holding some other two in my hands. Im sure it would break my foot if I got hit
mad.gif

Its annoying as he.ll when I have to spend 5 minutes looking for some dumbells because some douche decided to take them to the other side of the weight roomand leave them hidden in some corner.

My last gym was the worst...they only had one pair of each dumbell weight and I'd waste so much time looking for what I needed. Also, no one EVER re-rackedtheir weights after using the bench or squat rack. The gym was full of personal trainers instead of normal workers so no one ever enforced the rules.

That gym was the worst, the lack of consideration by other members was one of the reasons why I left it. I remember one time I was doing a 20 min. full bodycircuit with 2 pairs of dumbells...50 pounds for the big muscle groups and 20 pounds for the smaller muscles...some douche bag meat head just came in and tookthe 20-pound dumbells when he knew I was using them...interrupted the whole flow of my workout
mad.gif
And it was at like 11:30am when the gym was empty
smh.gif

im guilty of this.

ONLY when i have to unrack someone else's weight though.

Two wrongs may not make a right, but i dont care

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Its annoying as he.ll when I have to spend 5 minutes looking for some dumbells because some douche decided to take them to the other side of the weight room and leave them hidden in some corner.

that is the worst. That would happen almost every time in my old gym, whether it was peak hours or not. That place was so messy.

Is it bad just to leave a plate on the bench or squat rack? Thats what I usually do.
Personally, I think that's fine, just one plate though. I don't think there are too many people who need to go below that, and for therest of us it saves some time because the plate is already there

the only time when it isn't annoying is when they leave it perfectly at the weight you want to use. its always awesome when that happens

Back
Top Bottom