How is Lebron such a "great passer" and Iverson isnt??

AI is definitely an underrated passer, he does pile up assists because he's good at passing to finishers. Either above the rim or some set shots. Lebron onthe hand is a more natural passer, even when hes creating a shot for himself. For his size he has PG like vision, and his passes are on the money and easy tohandle. To be a great passer you have to pass the ball that leads to an easy hoop or lead pass towards for easy hoops, something Nash has perfected. And ithelps to have above the rim finishers, like Matrix and Amare.

You watch Kobe try to do the same thing as Lebron does, no looks and off the dribble passes, but his ball is much tougher to handle. Usually not on target ortoo much steam.

This has to be a joke. I guess you love his look then look away pass.
Say whatever you want, but I've been watching him since high school and he is one of the best passers I've ever seen.. point blank. Heputs the ball just where the other player needs it to be. I've been playing ball since I was 5 years old. Watching street ballers, high school, college,and pro ballers.I know a great passer when I see one. I said nothing a no look pass so I don't why you're assuming...

you probably only say he's a sick passer because he does those fancy no-look passes that make highlight reels.
Again...another kid assuming for no reason. Like I said, you can tell who watches basketball and who doesn't by the statements they make. Anyball player wants the ball given him to him in manner that makes it easier for him to score. Lebron is one of those guys and he does it in an amazing manner.End of Story...

man hop off lebrons wack*#%! look no look passes ... lebron is a bum with size ... he cant shoot, he cant dribble, and he is the most overrated player inleague history

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

man hop off lebrons wack*#%! look no look passes ... lebron is a bum with size ... he cant shoot, he cant dribble, and he is the most overrated player in league history
credit that to the lack of basic fundamental skills among today's NBA players.

Gunna...Yeah..I'm back after a lil layoff. what's good wit u my dude? . I'm on my humble on these forums now...You know what it isthough....
laugh.gif
I'm a vet so I can fall back a bit...

Lebron is an overrated passer. Lebron at times does the same thing AI does as a passer and that is pass when there is no shot.

Don't get me wrong he's great, but nothing on Magic, Bird, and a number of others and that includes Penny in his good days.

man hop off lebrons wack*#%! look no look passes ... lebron is a bum with size ... he cant shoot, he cant dribble, and he is the most overrated player in league history
You and your avy have been hanging out too much. Smoke more weed, seriously, smoke more weed...

LeBron gets more attention for his passing because of his size and style in which he passes which, even if youre a hater you can clearly see, resembles MagicJohnson to another extent. The league hasn't necessarily seen a player of Magic's size with the same vision that he had, hence, why people are all overLeBron.

LeBron was a better passer when he first came into the league though, so people saying this now are a little late. He looks to set up his teammates still, butwatch highlights from his rookie and soph. years, some of his passes are ridiculous. Since then he's been taking more shots and defenses have clamped downon him, which is why we don't see him thread the seam as often...

This sounds ridiculous, you can say this for PLENTY of players in the league...
sure, but the other players in the league aren't avg 7-8 assists a night; if lbj had teammates that actually know how to finish around thebasket, he'd have a higher number. in the end, he just sets up his teammates to get the points

watching the dallas game yesterday, it seemed like the man could've had 8 assts in the 1st quarter instead of 3, he was the reason behind a lot of baskets. he sets up his teammates better and perhaps the attention he gets as a passer is because he's a 3, not a 1. whereas AI is supposed to already be a"great passer" because he is a point guard.

AI still has that stereotype of "Ball-hog" as he did in Philadelphia.
Edit: Especially, if you remember how many shot attempts he had compared to assists...

Back
Top Bottom