How long before you throw out leftovers in your fridge?

I would say 3-5 days. My dad is the worst, he'll just leave food in the fridge until it's spoiled and someone else throws it out. He wastes so much food that we throw out close to 40-50% of our food. He's addicted to buying food from Costco and buys more than we need and cooks more than we can finish. Such a waste of money.
. My father is the same, except he can't cook to save his life and will straight up place leftovers in the fridge without putting it into a proper container; just straight into the tinfoil. He will also have a fit when he wonders why no one eats the leftovers.

I'm willing to do 4-5 days usually. I hate wasting food so I usually force myself to eat it at some point even if I don't feel like it.

Thankfully it's never a case where I don't want it because of the taste.

Who eats leftovers anyways? Your not doin it if you dont have an aztec virgin godess makin fresh tamales errday.

3-4 days, some things two days. I'm a big "Make a huge dinner Sunday and eat leftovers" person. Some things dont taste the same afterwards though

Last edited:
Who eats leftovers anyways?

Try something other than Boston Market for Thanksgiving and then get back to me.

3-4 days, some things two days. I'm a big "Make a huge dinner Sunday and eat leftovers" person. Some things dont taste the same afterwards though

Things like chili/bolognese sauce, to me, can taste better a day or two after you make it due to a lot of the ingredients really settling in.

Last edited:
Like a week usually, it's been times where thanksgiving/holidays came around and I was eating leftovers for like 2 weeks though. :lol: I'm usually the person eating leftovers all the time cause my family just likes to waste a lot of crap. They'll say they're gonna eat something or leave some for them but it'll still be sitting there and then go bad and then I'm like :smh: :smh: I could've eaten that but you playing.

4-5 days max then its trash... and it annoys me that some people dont care for leftovers... its like yall just like wasting food like that? and leftovers means saving money because buying lunch everyday is a waste of money really

Reactions: ct3
My mom usually cooks for 2 days. Eat the first half and put the rest in the fridge for the day after.

We never keep leftovers for more than 3 days though, that's my limit.

Last edited:
4-5 days most cooked stuff is still good. my problem is wife and i have good intentions to not waste food but hardly ever get back to eating leftovers

anyone catch john olivers segment about how much food we waste in america. pretty sad.

"as much as 40 percent of the food produced in the U.S. never gets eaten" and "Americans throw away $165 billion worth of food every year," roughly "20 pounds per person every month"

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/watch-john-olivers-sobering-look-at-american-food-waste-20150720

3-4 days. Food dont usally make it past the 2nd day for me anyway.

Love leftovers tho.

Back
Top Bottom