How long did you and shorty rock before getting engaged /married? Vol. whats wrong with these girls,

In today's age with all this social media, and reality TV, these girls 25 and under think 2 years is enough time to know a dude well enough to marry son. What's wrong with these girls, B?

Which brings me to my question, how long did you and you current girl know each other/date before you threw the moissanite on her finger and walked her down that isle?

Me personally, I think 5-7 years is prime. Now if you an old head in your mid 40s, then yea you might only want to wait 2 years

Me and my girl been together 3 years now and I ain't in no rush.

She seems to have that weak a** social media marriage proposal attention BS dream in her mind, but I'm not going to pull that trigger until I'm sure she's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. She keeps making comments and pointing out engagement rings and I'm just sitting here cringing at the thought of proposing to a girl at the age of 22. I'm too young for all that commitment, man.

These people getting married this young have no fears and probably don't full understand what they're committing to. I can name around 6 couples I graduated with who are already married and having kids.

Last edited:
Been with my girl for 5 years. Never getting married, but would feel comfortable taking that step if it were in my cards.

6 years before we got engaged. 7 before marriage. Don't let social media and all that BS pressure you into getting married. Do it when you feel it, you'll know.

Yeah, it just depends on the couple. Some can tell right away and get lucky to stay together for a while. For me, you have to go to hell and back and if they are still here, then that is good enough for me.

I think a better question was when do you determine whether a person is worth spending the rest of/more of your time with. Some people don't place much stock in marriage, but it's a curious thing to stick with someone for long periods of time. I know people that say they've been with their SO for x amount of years, but they're uncertain if that person is the one. How much time do you need to invest in a person before you determine if they're the one or not?

Started dating at 19 just got engaged at 26 so 7 years

If we were older I dont think there would have been a reason to wait but we were both trying to get settled in life and our careers so there was no rush on my end.

Dated my wife for 8 years. She's three years younger and we both wanted to finish school and get a job before considering marriage.

I graduated, got a job, and proposed all within a year.

I don't play. 
laugh.gif

2 yrs i think. Knocked her up after a lil over a year, proposed a few months after my son was born.

Yeah 2 yrs is quick, but we were spending 5-6 days out the week wit eachother while dating. Best friends foreal.

Marriage is becoming more and more outdated. These generation of females feel entailed to everything but can't cook, clean, lazy, loud, nor are they good in bed. I said it before and I'll say it again; our generation of "females" are good for one thing and they aren't really good at that. Feminism is the main reason these women are single and will remain single. Too many washed up basic females and not enough "Real Women" like my grandmother and great grandmother. My great grandmother could cook and build fences all while she had her natural hair. Our generation of females can't compare to the "women" in the old era. 

I'm cool on marriage. The divorce rate is alarming. If i do get married and have a family it won't be until early 40's.

If I could just have kids with my sig other and have a fam I would be cool with that. Marriage is a beautiful thing but its the BS that comes with is that is a problem. Especially nowadays with divorce etc

Better yet can anoyone who has been divorced enter this thread and give us the other side of the story

Last edited:
i dont think you can really put a timeline on how long you should or shouldn't wait.. i think you will know when the time is right for the both of you. You obviously have to be on the same page as the person your with. If you know from jump they don want to get married and you do then its never going to work. i don't believe in changing people or changing their minds about things like marriage and kids 

Marriage is becoming more and more outdated. These generation of females feel entailed to everything but can't cook, clean, lazy, loud, nor are they good in bed. I said it before and I'll say it again; our generation of "females" are good for one thing and they aren't really good at that. Feminism is the main reason these women are single and will remain single. Too many washed up basic females and not enough "Real Women" like my grandmother and great grandmother. My great grandmother could cook and build fences all while she had her natural hair. Our generation of females can't compare to the "women" in the old era. 

Damn, my guy :lol: :lol:

Me and my girl been together 3 years now and I ain't in no rush.

She seems to have that weak a** social media marriage proposal attention BS dream in her mind, but I'm not going to pull that trigger until I'm sure she's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. She keeps making comments and pointing out engagement rings and I'm just sitting here cringing at the thought of proposing to a girl at the age of 22. I'm too young for all that commitment, man.

These people getting married this young have no fears and probably don't full understand what they're committing to. I can name around 6 couples I graduated with who are already married and having kids.

Same boat, :lol:
Social media is giving these women a false sense of reality

The worst thing has to be your family tryna rush you into it everytime you see em around holidays

Man thinking back when I was 22-23. Hell NO i wouldnt be getting married. I was still wilding out at parties doing any and everything :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom