How much is insurance for a young driver?

To get on my parents insurance Im 17 btw if that matters

I had my mom call but I think she's putting duck sauce on that price shes saying 2 racks easy

im 17, i got my policy bout 3 months back along with the whole fam, my piece of the whole pie is amounted to $138

were on geico

Lucky y'all...

Totaling a car FTL
tired.gif

Get farmers...it's the cheapest one and let your parents be primary driver cause it'd be cheaper.

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

Originally Posted by gHeTtOnOyPi

Get farmers...it's the cheapest one and let your parents be primary driver cause it'd be cheaper.

how much is it for you?
I'm not sure since my dad pays for my insurance but i think it's like $300-$500 for two cars every 6 months. One car being a 06 HondaOdyssey and the other 98 Corolla.

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

where you live affects insurance costs

Yep. If you live in an urban city, you have a higher chance of getting the car stolen or something else. Males always pay higher insurance, because of generaldriving habits (speeding, and such). Your gender, make/model of car and prior history also affects the insurance cost. So, if you're 22, a male and have a2009 BMW and live in or maybe near an urban city your insurance will be through the roof.

Car, car color, trim, security features on car, age, sex, location, amount of miles driven, etc. are all taken into account.

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

Lucky y'all...

Totaling a car FTL
tired.gif

same here
smh.gif
....damn parking lot at my apt at school got flooded.....then last summer I totaled my car when someone ran into the back of me
smh.gif
.....2 totaledcars in less then a year FML.....but i got a rental and another whip is coming in aug
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

To get on my parents insurance Im 17 btw if that matters

I had my mom call but I think she's putting duck sauce on that price shes saying 2 racks easy

Well..what car? Who's the primary driver? Where do you live? All these things matter.

I've been driving my dad's car consistently for the last year or so (every day since January), had my license for 2+ years (I'm 20), and am alreadyon his insurance. I don't have any speeding tickets or traffic infractions, besides two parking tickets. That should help my case for my own insurance, no?

man my car insurance at 16 was hella high.....its progressively coming down every year that i get older, but its still hella high.

Some of you guys would kill yourselves if you paid the insurance amount I paid.

$951 every 6 months @ 22 years old.

-2 speeding tickets
-1 traffic stop
-1 total loss equally $23,500 @ fault
-1 accident not @ fault

go under your moms policy and have you under the beater.

$308 A Month

Multiple Speeding Tickets
3 Accidents in the past 5 years, I was never at fault.

Covered by State Farm

your best bet, even if you own your own car, is to put it under your parents name, and put you as the secondary driver. that will help out with insurancesignificantly.

Back
Top Bottom