How often/when should I clean my shoes?

I know I read the sneaker maintenance thing, but I'd like some more input. I've the black/blue Rose 2.5s, and the cool grey Lebron 9s. Both have white soles as well. How often should I clean my white soles? They really do get dirty every time I wear them. Another question is, some of the material on my Rose 2.5s seems to be suede or nubuck, it's already got grey scuff marks on it, should I just use the suede scrubby brush to wipe them off?

These questions may sound stupid but I want to keep my shoes looking clean and fresh for a long #*@ time, I don't want to ruin them. So far I just use a wet towel, magic eraser, and suede scrub brush. Are there any other things I should buy? All the stuff mentioned in the sneaker maintenance sticky seems to mention harsh chemicals.

i'm guessing you don't play basketball in either of them? if not, then i would just wipe off dirt and scuffs as much as you want which could be after every wear or whenever you feel like they don't look fresh...most dirt and other stuff comes off relatively easy although i'm not very familiar with cleaning suede or nubuck

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by prince

i'm guessing you don't play basketball in either of them? if not, then i would just wipe off dirt and scuffs as much as you want which could be after every wear or whenever you feel like they don't look fresh...most dirt and other stuff comes off relatively easy although i'm not very familiar with cleaning suede or nubuck
no I don't play basketball in them, just for casual wear. alright, I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing

Back
Top Bottom