How the hell is the NBA a bad product?

Yes you do, and they are infinitely less replaceable than you are anyways being the top 500 in the world at what they do and all. Same token, your job can't tell you you can never work for a competitor (short of you actually signing some sort of not to compete clause) in the event you think the grass is greener somewhere else.

Last edited:
MLB fans can miss me with that "regular season games don't matter nonsense" though. As if each and every single one of your 162 games mean **** especially in April and May. Or like anybody gives a **** about Marlins and Cubs games once August and September roll around. This is an MLB game during it's season opener!

View media item 924764

And there are a lot of franchises' stadiums that look like that currently and will continue to throughout the season. Hell, half the fans in attendance at MLB games during the summer are only there to enjoy the weather and drink beer :lol:

The Miami Heat got better in the summer of 2010. They didn't tank or get lucky. They had a Front Office that had a plan and executed it.

Those things matter.

a plan? :lol:

3 stars decided they wanted to play together in South Beach and took less money

Right!! That wasn't management, that was player collusion.

Like I said in my previous post, the players have too much freedom in the NBA. Look at the NFL for instance. Franchise tags and transitional tags are meant to help franchises retain their star players. The NBA doesn't have that. That's the problem the NBA has.

Why shouldn't players have the current freedom they have now, its their fault they end up on a franchise that does nothing to help them.

Than deal with it, b.

You're getting paid millions to go to work. I don't have the freedom to object my current employers reasons for moving me into a different location, so why should NBA employees have that chance?

Cut NBA players freedom away a bit. Franchise tags and transitional tags needed badly.

Oh you comparing your life to the life of an athlete, you just want players stuck in that death trap of city/franchise of yours.

Than deal with it, b.

You're getting paid millions to go to work. I don't have the freedom to object my current employers reasons for moving me into a different location, so why should NBA employees have that chance?

Cut NBA players freedom away a bit. Franchise tags and transitional tags needed badly.
But you can't work somewhere else? If you get a better offer can't you quit?

The Miami Heat got better in the summer of 2010. They didn't tank or get lucky. They had a Front Office that had a plan and executed it.

Those things matter.

a plan? :lol:

3 stars decided they wanted to play together in South Beach and took less money

Right!! That wasn't management, that was player collusion.

Like I said in my previous post, the players have too much freedom in the NBA. Look at the NFL for instance. Franchise tags and transitional tags are meant to help franchises retain their star players. The NBA doesn't have that. That's the problem the NBA has.

Why shouldn't players have the current freedom they have now, its their fault they end up on a franchise that does nothing to help them.

Than deal with it, b.

Oh you comparing your life to the life of an athlete, you just want players stuck in that death trap of city/franchise of yours.

I don't really give a damn about your opinion about my city/franchise b, I'm living good over here flipping real estate and making thousands, driving a nice a whip and doing everything possible that you can do in your city :smokin :pimp:

Nobody cares about your personal life, if Cleveland was so great players wouldn't always want to leave the first chance they get.

Just look Alex Mack, now that man is stuck.

Than deal with it, b.

But you can't work somewhere else? If you get a better offer can't you quit?

Yeah I can - just like a player can quit and not show up anymore and than be released. Only difference is they still would get paid their salary, I wouldn't.

Stop acting like being NBA player is some sort of miserable thing. ******* getting paid millions to do what they love.

They shouldn't have much freedom other than being a unrestriced free agent at least once in their careers. Otherwise, every damn player is going to want to play in NY, LA, or MIA and than at that point - the NBA would be in shambles.

Nobody cares about your personal life, if Cleveland was so great players wouldn't always want to leave the first chance they get.

Just look Alex Mack, now that man is stuck.

Stuck?????? :rofl: Getting paid 10 million a year is stuck?

Oh and that's why Kyrie will be signing a Max contract here in Cleveland? :lol: yoir logic doesn't add up.

I'm not replying to you anymore b. Kick rocks.

Last edited:
Yeah I can - just like a player can quit and not show up anymore and than be released. Only difference is they still would get paid their salary, I wouldn't.

Stop acting like being NBA player is some sort of miserable thing. ******* getting paid millions to do what they love.

They shouldn't have much freedom other than being a unrestriced free agent at least once in their careers. Otherwise, every damn player is going to want to play in NY, LA, or MIA and than at that point - the NBA would be in shambles.
Why is the amount of money they are making your prime argument against it? Who said they are miserable, if someone is a star and better than 95% of players they command a more competitive salary/situation. That's how the free market works. It's a contract, once that contract is up they can go anywhere. Why is this a problem?

Why is the amount of money they are making your prime argument against it? Who said they are miserable, if someone is a star and better than 95% of players they command a more competitive salary/situation. That's how the free market works. It's a contract, once that contract is up they can go anywhere. Why is this a problem?

Because if every player had an option to choose where to play, they wouldn't pick any of the 26 small market teams? Meaning the real talent would be compressed into 3 or 4 different teams?

SO what's the point of having a league where the talent isn't distributed correctly? Might as well not have a league if everyone is trying to play for 3 or 4 teams.

Some of you man, :smh: - common sense isn't here I see...

MLB fans can miss me with that "regular season games don't matter nonsense" though. As if each and every single one of your 162 games mean **** especially in April and May. Or like anybody gives a **** about Marlins and Cubs games once August and September roll around. This is an MLB game during it's season opener!

And there are a lot of franchises' stadiums that look like that currently and will continue to throughout the season. Hell, half the fans in attendance at MLB games during the summer are only there to enjoy the weather and drink beer :lol:

Isn't this thread about the NBA? Why is anyone even bringing up the MLB or NFL for that matter?

People get too defensive when someone says something "bad" about the NBA and feel the need to attack another sport. Stupid.

Ol' slave *** mindset, how dare they get to make decisions on where they want to play

And Kyrie is going to sign a max extension because he is restricted anyways and can get the most money that way. Not like that proves anything about his level of happiness with the city, team, or its management.

Because if every player had an option to choose where to play, they wouldn't pick any of the 26 small market teams? Meaning the real talent would be compressed into 3 or 4 different teams?

SO what's the point of having a league where the talent isn't distributed correctly? Might as well not have a league if everyone is trying to play for 3 or 4 teams.

Some of you man, :smh: - common sense isn't here I see...
That's why there's a cap, some teams have more money to pay a star than the Heat or Lakers do etc. You say they'll go to the same teams but you don't think Melo wouldn't consider Chicago if they could offer the max? Or Dallas or the Suns? In fact the league was worse before when only Lakers or Celtics dominated the league. At least now stars weigh options with different teams, Heat went from one of the worst records to the best team through free agency. A move like that could happen again, we have no idea where this free agent class will go this time.

Last edited:
Isn't this thread about the NBA? Why is anyone even bringing up the MLB or NFL for that matter?

People get too defensive when someone says something "bad" about the NBA and feel the need to attack another sport. Stupid.

:lol:
Because a lot of the dudes who are giving these criticisms about the NBA are fans of sports where there league suffers from the same things (mostly MLB). Yet, they turn a blind eye to that. How does that make sense?

Last edited:
Fans of smaller market teams seem to want rookie contracts to last an automatic ten years.. with an option for another 5 years after that :lol:

You get them cheap for a few years, you get to offer them the most money due to restricted free agency, thus giving you an advantage over other teams. What else do you want?

And the "You're getting paid millions to play basketball" is all relative when these franchises are selling for half a billion and are generating incredible amounts of money for the team and city. Look at what Lebron brought to Cleveland when he was there.

There will always be great teams and bad teams.. it's the nature of the sport when one superstar player can bring you to the playoffs.. and a couple great players make you a contender. If you don't have one of those elite players or a solid/good group of players, your team will struggle.

Should we do a fantasy draft every few years, just to make sure the talent is evenly distributed? If your franchise is bad, if your management sucks, no amount of rules, caps, contract restrictions, will change a great player from leaving... it'll just be delayed. Indiana, OKC, San Antonio, Portland, all have top records in the league to go along with bigger markets like LA and Miami. If we want to see the talent is too watered down, then that's one thing. Too many teams, not enough elite players, I get that. Unfortunately, I don't think contraction will work or be fair.

But the complaint that the players have too much power? Nah.. not buying it. They've always had power, it's just maybe they're more willing to wield it. Franchise not going where you want it to? Management fails to build around you properly? Go somewhere that will do it better. Same thing as any other job. Doesn't matter if you get paid 25k or 25 million.

Last edited:
Fans of smaller market teams seem to want rookie contracts to last an automatic ten years.. with an option for another 5 years after that :lol:

You get them cheap for a few years, you get to offer them the most money due to restricted free agency, thus giving you an advantage over other teams. What else do you want?

And the "You're getting paid millions to play basketball" is all relative when these franchises are selling for half a billion and are generating incredible amounts of money for the team and city. Look at what Lebron brought to Cleveland when he was there.

There will always be great teams and bad teams.. it's the nature of the sport when one superstar player can bring you to the playoffs.. and a couple great players make you a contender. If you don't have one of those elite players or a solid/good group of players, your team will struggle.

Should we do a fantasy draft every few years, just to make sure the talent is evenly distributed? If your franchise is bad, if your management sucks, no amount of rules, caps, contract restrictions, will change a great player from leaving... it'll just be delayed. Indiana, OKC, San Antonio, Portland, all have top records in the league to go along with bigger markets like LA and Miami. If we want to see the talent is too watered down, then that's one thing. Too many teams, not enough elite players, I get that. Unfortunately, I don't think contraction will work or be fair.

But the complaint that the players have too much power? Nah.. not buying it. They've always had power, it's just maybe they're more willing to wield it. Franchise not going where you want it to? Management fails to build around you properly? Go somewhere that will do it better. Same thing as any other job. Doesn't matter if you get paid 25k or 25 million.
Great post, well said.

:lol:
Because a lot of the dudes who are giving these criticisms about the NBA are fans of sports where there league suffers from the same things (mostly MLB). Yet, they turn a blind eye to that. How does that make sense?

nobody is turning a blind eye, and this has nothing to do with baseball.

For the record, MLB season is way too long as well. At least the playoffs are not drawn out.

Back
Top Bottom