How to change your varsity red 6

Originally Posted by j o 19

THIS MARKER HAS GOT TO BE THE ULTIMATE SMACK IN THE FACE FOR JB.... AND I HAVE ON BOXING GLOVES!!!
....SURE MAKES A HELL OF A DIFFERENCE TO PAINT EM

qnwi6r.jpg

they look good but with a better masking job they would have came out great, just try to fix the edges to even it out
glasses.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

sthebest wrote:
I converted mines, using a Permapaque marker (my local Michael's doesnt have Garden Craft markers). they still came out great i think. they key is to use a red enamel marker. the brand doesnt matter. I colored the Jumpman on the tounges and on the bottom with matte finish to prevent chipping.

How difficult was it to paint the tongues? I'm still on the fence about my white/red pair.

wasnt hard at all. coloring the shoes is just like coloring a coloring book. still cant believe how well the color of these match up to the infrareds from the pack.

btw, i wore them for the first time monday. paint was pretty durable, but I scuffed the hell out of my shoes that day. luckily, the color still held up pretty well.

THIS MARKER HAS GOT TO BE THE ULTIMATE SMACK IN THE FACE FOR JB.... AND I HAVE ON BOXING GLOVES!!!

qnwi6r.jpg

work on ya painting skills homie....edges r rediculous......like u got parkinsons or something

Originally Posted by HuaracheKing1914

qnwi6r.jpg

work on ya painting skills homie....edges r rediculous......like u got parkinsons or something

ITS MORE OF THE MARKER BLEEDING THAN MY PAINTING SKILLS SORT OF LIKE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU POPPED THAT TRASH IN PERSON MR. PARKINSON.... THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT #IMDONE

deco marker? which red? or they only have one red colorway?cause im from nj - they dont have hobby lobby - all they have is michaels and office depot and office depot sells deco markers which i just checked online but i want to know if its the exact red to use cause idk what other reds they have in the deco marker

Originally Posted by bigboiep

deco marker? which red? or they only have one red colorway?cause im from nj - they dont have hobby lobby - all they have is michaels and office depot and office depot sells deco markers which i just checked online but i want to know if its the exact red to use cause idk what other reds they have in the deco marker

Go to michales and get the craft marker, it only comes in one shade of red. You'll see a 310 and 210, but that just referes to the size of the marker. still on the fence about painting mine. They are still chilling in the box in my closet.

alright but is it waterproof? and how many shades it needs? same here im in the middle of either doing it or not

Originally Posted by bigboiep

alright but is it waterproof? and how many shades it needs? same here im in the middle of either doing it or not
Yes it is waterproof. I would recommend 2 - 3 shades....the marker dries pretty quickly. I used the Garden Craft marker from Michael's last week on my black/vars. red's and they came out very nice. I only did this b/c I didn't think I'd get the pack since I missed out on release day. I was able to get the pack this weekend up in Augusta and compared them. The marker is dead on in terms of color. Infrared on the left, painted shoe on the right. Sorry for the dark pic...but trust me that this marker is worth the buy if you don't want to bother w/ the package. Just ensure that you do a thorough tape job before painting them. And buy both the #210 and #310 marker. You'll need the smaller marker (#210) for the corners and narrow, red areas near the front of the shoe.
ed12575e37a6dc873ddb30a439c843f88bd2f61.pjpg

I went and got me some markers, and thank the lord i didnt use them on my brand new 6's.

I bought a black one too, to see if i could fix the midsole on some old cement 3's.

Looks great.....and comes off on your fingers when you touch it! I put one coat on, let it dry about 12 hours, then put another coat on. days later, still comes off when you touch it.

$!!, is this not happening to anyone else?

^^ my guess is that the pen adheres and dries better on the Jordan VI phylon midsole then on the glossy midsole of the IIIs... With all these other positive results, I wouldn't be too worried about painting the VIs

Originally Posted by aphexacid

I went and got me some markers, and thank the lord i didnt use them on my brand new 6's.

I bought a black one too, to see if i could fix the midsole on some old cement 3's.

Looks great.....and comes off on your fingers when you touch it! I put one coat on, let it dry about 12 hours, then put another coat on. days later, still comes off when you touch it.

Which markers are you using? I used the Garden Craft....applied it....waited 15 minutes to dry....and rubbed the paint to add the gloss effect and had no problems at all...as you can see in my picture above.

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Which markers are you using? I used the Garden Craft....applied it....waited 15 minutes to dry....and rubbed the paint to add the gloss effect and had no problems at all...as you can see in my picture above.

I used GardenCraft. I'm scared to try it now, i know all you guys did it, but after seeing what it did to my cements, i'm pretty heated about it.
anyone else have any idea's on why it happened?

Yurrrp DeeeCeee after you rubbed em did you think to put a clear coat of some sort for added gloss or was rubbin um enuff? I notice the paint looks "ashy" after it started to dry.

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

I used GardenCraft. I'm scared to try it now, i know all you guys did it, but after seeing what it did to my cements, i'm pretty heated about it.
anyone else have any idea's on why it happened?

maybe because the finish on the midsole of the 3 repelled the marker, which didnt allow it to dry in full. next time, acetone the midsole to remove the protective layer of the paint and use matte finish after you get done coloring. the matte finish dries the paint, eliminating the smearing.

btw, I used a decocolor marker to see how durable it was and i highly recommend it, even more than the permapaque marker i originally used.

Originally Posted by filly413

Yurrrp DeeeCeee after you rubbed em did you think to put a clear coat of some sort for added gloss or was rubbin um enuff? I notice the paint looks "ashy" after it started to dry.

aye bruh you end up gettin the infra pack? cuz i know noone in Holyoke got em and onyl place i knew had em was champs in westfarms...any spots get em? also u get the garden craft marker anywhere in springfield cuz i couldnmt find it in 2 Michaels

aye bruh you end up gettin the infra pack? cuz i know noone in Holyoke got em and onyl place i knew had em was champs in westfarms...any spots get em? also u get the garden craft marker anywhere in springfield cuz i couldnmt find it in 2 Michaels

Rubbing w/ the index finger was enough. And yes, it does look ashy right after it dries. Rubbing the paint was recommended in another thread posted earlier last week, and it does work. No need for a clear coat paint. As soon as it dries just start rubbing it w/ your finger for about 5-7 minutes. Should be fine. That will also let you know if you need to add another layer.

On the white varsity reds:

Crapperooni. I applied paint (not garden craft, some thicker stuff i used on my black/varsity reds)
to the tongue accidentally went over to the white.

So i decided to clean it out with water. No prob.

Unfortunately, i didn't let it dry long enough before i added more paint to the rest of the jumpman
and it bled through. Now it looks like Jordan is blurring out but with a red halo around him.

I purchased a white garden craft marker... seems to be doing the trick.

Hopefully with a couple more applications, i can resolve the "halo" dilemma and use the red
garden craft to coat the jumpman.

But word to the wise... mask the midsoles properly and be extremely careful/precise when doing the
jumpman on the tongue.

Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom