How to donate used sneakers?

Hey guys, I have some old sneakers, most in really good condition. The sizes range from like a 10.5 all the way up to 13. There mostly basketball sneakers and old air forces. I want to donate them, maybe send them to another country where kids or even adults don't have them. Only problem is I have no idea how to do it. I've seen some places, but they only accept new things. 
I don't want to give them to some place where they will be sold either, I want someone to get them for free if that matters. Let me know if you know of any place where I can donate, Thanks.

?

church
salvation army

but if they're in decent condition, maybe you should sell them and donate the $

Ya, I could probably find a local spot, but shoes for less fortunate doesn't seem to be as much of a problem here as it is in other countries. There's nothing worth selling, used Air forces? I may get 35 bucks after shipping, but I'd rather give the shoes to someone who truly needs them.

I'd insert the episode when "Rob and Big" were giving garbage bags STUFFED with all the extra shoes and clothing that Rob gets from his sponsors, like DC. True kindness right there.

-Goodwill
-Salvation army
-Church programs
-Sometimes Nike outlet stores have used shoe donation boxes

Originally Posted by dj sven

-Goodwill
-Salvation army
-Church programs
-Sometimes Nike outlet stores have used shoe donation boxes
salvation army all sells their stuff

i got a bunch of shoes i dont wear or havent wore in years

Personally, I wouldn't give them to Salvation Army due to their heinous view on politics and conservatism. They are very outspoken against gay marriage and equal rights. 

I give mine to my dad because he works in the school system and he sees kids everyday that need shoes. Get in contact with a teacher that you had a good relationship with and try that. If they're still in good shape I wouldn't do the nike thing because they grind them up and make playground cushion and rubber tracks. If that doesn't work I'll pay for the shipping and give them away for you. I'll even take pics of the kids with the shoes so you know it's real.

Originally Posted by Murray497

Personally, I wouldn't give them to Salvation Army due to their heinous view on politics and conservatism. They are very outspoken against gay marriage and equal rights. 

I fail to understand how their views, effect the how the donations are managed...

Wow, I thought this thread died, then I came back and found all these responses, thanks for the info everyone 
pimp.gif

Are these shoes suppose to be wedding gifts?

Originally Posted by Wade187

Are these shoes suppose to be wedding gifts?
No, but some of us don't want to benefit, fund or support that message.
Thanks Murray 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom