How to get financial aid ASAP

boi

Everyone knows the struggle of getting financial aid... Spring semester is right around the corner and we should all be signing up for classes.

The question is how the hell do you guys avoid all the BS you have to go thru to get that grant?!

I swear, once you fix a problem another one pops up smh

Probably help if u specified what bs u are going thru. Never had any problems. Apply and wait for ur efc.

I'm an expert so ask away...

And the BS of having to get a grant probably means you don't qualify by government standards lol

Last edited:
FAFSA is the first step.
This.

You should do your FASFA the summer before the fall/spring semester.  It is good for fall and spring even though the year changes.

If you haven't completed your FASFA you might as well apply for it now, but probably won't get you any aid until fall.

This.

You should do your FASFA the summer before the fall/spring semester.  It is good for fall and spring even though the year changes.

If you haven't completed your FASFA you might as well apply for it now, but probably won't get you any aid until fall.
This and also each college has FAFSA application priority deadlines so adhere to those. So you can get your financial aid ASAP.

Last edited:
There is no deadline for the FAFSA which includes federal based stafford loans or PELL grant

This.

I don't qualify for financial aid so i don't even bother with FAFSA but from what I heard from friends, you can fill out the information for FAFSA right after new years. They also said it's better to do it earlier since there is more money so i wouldn't wait until the summer to do it.

There is no deadline for the FAFSA which includes federal based stafford loans or PELL grant
There is no deadline for the actual application. Universities set particular dates to submit your application to be considered for financial aid in a timely manner. So you aren't dropped from classes when payment is due.

I don't qualify for financial aid so i don't even bother with FAFSA but from what I heard from friends, you can fill out the information for FAFSA right after new years. They also said it's better to do it earlier since there is more money so i wouldn't wait until the summer to do it.

Everyone who hasn't defaulted on loans qualifies for aid

People confuse grants with aid, aid is loans plus potential grants based off your EFC number coming from prior years tax information

Even if you don't qualify for financial aid FAFSA application is still required to be filled out. 

There is no deadline for the actual application. Universities set particular dates to submit your application to be considered for financial aid in a timely manner. So you aren't dropped from classes when payment is due.

A school can't deny you federal aid though, the state grants and institutional money are a different story

Financial aid can be very confusing, I got into this field by default but I can help out any NTers

My tuition is all taken care of this year. It was last year as well :smokin. Being poor ftw :frown:. At least i'm graduating next semester, then I might have to worry about money for grad school.

Get a job and make them pay for grad school

Going degree to degree in 2012 doesn't make any sense, makes you less marketable

^
Yeah, I already have a job lined up. I need to replenish my savings account and get comfortable for a year or two. My advisor also told me I should work a few years then apply.

I always do my FAFSA asap, I usually get it done around April 20th. I get MAD financial aid, I basically get paid to go to school so I always make sure my stuff is on point and turned in early.

I know you got to do FAFSA and actually getting depends on the school. I know they one semester they wouldn't let me get any financial aid and I had to pay out of pocket.

My only words of advice is to check your application if told you have "errors". My application has been reviewed about 3 times due to human error at my school.

My only words of advice is to check your application if told you have "errors". My application has been reviewed about 3 times due to human error at my school.

This, they stay messing my stuff up, telling me I didn't turn stuff in, etc. You just have to be persistent and be on top of your stuff, keep a record of what you give them, that way when they try to tell you they don't have it or something is wrong, you can show them that it's not.

Back
Top Bottom