************Hurricane Sandy Thread************ vol. BE SAFE!!!

"oh the whole world is ending in 2012 thing is a troll joke by the mayans for the lulz'
you all were warned. you destiny has already been chosen now. Enjoy the end.
plz knock out mta service on monday
thanks in advance mother nature

not surprisingly, they're thinking about shutting it down

stop playing, you srs?
link/source?
& the procrastination continues :pimp:

OCTOBER 26, 2012 12:32 PM
Hurricane Sandy Could Wreak Major Havoc On City and State: Top Official to Gov. Cuomo Warns
BY KEN LOVETT
Hurricane Sandy has the potential to be one of the worst storms in New York City history, with major flooding and sustained winds of up to 80 mph for at least 24 hours, says Jerome Hauer, Gov. Cuomo's Division of Homeland Security commissionerr..

New York could face even worse storm surge flooding than was anticipated during Hurricane Irene last year and the evacuation of parts of the city susceptible to flooding could be possible, Hauer said. Such decisions could be made by mid-day Saturday, he said.

“If we get the right-sided winds, that’s a worst case for New York City,” he said. “We’ll know more later in the afternoon.

Power outages are likely throughout the state as high winds cause tree limbs to topple, he further warned.

“Sustained, not gusts, sustained (winds). …for 24 hours will do extraordinary damage to trees because they’re like sails right now they still have their leaves on so they hold the wind and they snap easier,” he said.

The weather services are calling Sandy a “worst-case” storm, Hauer said.

While FEMA is recommending people to load up on three to four days of supplies, Hauer said the state urges seven to 10 days instead. People should focus on perishable items, including water, he said. And he urged they start buying as soon as possible.

Welp..I just found a reason to stay home this weekend.

Not trying to drive an hour through that mess.

Hope its not too bad. Im not stocked up on food n dont really feel like being stuck in the market with these people.

It'll more than likely be a Category 1 Hurricane or Tropical Storm, I don't see how its "hype".

Take the necessary precautions in case anything happens, blackouts can occur.

I'm ready! Last hurricane I drove 16 miles and lived! This year I just have to make sure my car isn't next to any trees.

Just hype until I see trees start falling. That one we had like 2 years ago (?) did major damage here in staten island tho.

It'll more than likely be a Category 1 Hurricane or Tropical Storm, I don't see how its "hype".
Take the necessary precautions in case anything happens, blackouts can occur.

um, they are calling it a "Frankenstorm", "Worst storm in history" thats not hyping it up bro? >D

frown.gif

Man *#^+ sandy. I hope it doesnt do as much damage as last years in august. No power for a couple days? How am i gonna live without tv, charging my phone or playing xbox?

At least im on the third floor so no flood worries here.

Man *#^+ sandy. I hope it doesnt do as much damage as last years in august. No power for a couple days? How am i gonna live without tv, charging my phone or playing xbox?
At least im on the third floor so no flood worries here.

just hope your window doesn't get broken by flying debri :smh:

real quick, what is the exact date?
keep hearing "beginning of the week"
is that exactly monday or what?
need to know if I'm working or not.

Back
Top Bottom