HYUNDAI Officially Launches GENESIS - 3-Series Fighter at NYAS?

Hyundai And Kia Have Done Such A Good Job With Their Cars Lately.

But Paying 50k Plus For One Is Still Steep

Fiend of mine works at Hyundai as a sales guy and he's been saying this for about 2 years now, good for them but those 50k prices are outta whack

The 50k is probably going to be an S-Class competitor though.

Now way is it going to be able to match because it's the "S" but it'll offer something for half the starting price of the S.

The G90 looks pretty cool ...if I can catch a deal on one after it drops might have to think bout it ....

Those Kias go for 50K!!!! Why would somebody buy a kia for that much? That's Cadillac money.
Srs question have you ever been inside the Kia? It's mind blowing.......you ask yourself "Is this really a Kia right now?!"
the diamond stitching in the optima is 
smokin.gif

It has though. Read some reviews. Test drive some cars.

No it hasn't :lol:

A regular CTS versus a 3 series

Much less a M3

Yes it has. Cadillac's been killing BMW in recent reviews. When it comes to power output, rigidity, lateral G's, steering input, brake feel and road feel; the ATS is scoring putting out better numbers and reviews across the board compared to each comparable trim level of 3/4 Series.

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...amg-c63-s-2016-cadillac-ats-v-comparison-test

lol they really do take hints from different car companies and blend it together lol

cant sit here and say it looks bad

i cant see this selling good

ive only seen one Kia K900 in person and like 1 or 2 previous Genesis in person

Last edited:
i literally see infiniti, audi, mercedes in this

on point or no?

RFX how do you see this doing in the market?

Really difficult to predict, especially since the Equus had somewhat of a flux when it comes to it's sales numbers.

I do think they have gotten over the hump of "still a Hyundai", at least outside of NT, so they have a chance to sell well. Unlike Kia and the failed K900.

And I assume separating the Genesis from the Hyundai brand a la Lexus & Toyota will only help.

It will depend on what they offer at a more affordable price, not 100% sure (I guess I got to read up on their press release again) if they're going to offer a C-Class, 3-Series, IS, etc... competitor but it will all depend on that and it doesn't necessarily need to be the sportiest car, just undercut them since those care are starting at close to $40k these days. Offer a similar sizes sedan with good features and comfort and sell it close to $30k and they'd be competing against the compact entry-levels like the CLA or CT and you got the market on your hand and only go against the ATS (which is still a tough task) but if they go premium and pure luxury instead of performance, I think they'll do well against Cadillac.

I think it'll also depend on the volume they plan to sell, right now the Equus is all about customer service, because of the low volume they sell they can provide a more personal service like a sending a demonstrator over to the buyers house and show all the features of the car. Other brands can't do that because they sell a lot more and they just do not have the man power and budget to be able to do it to all their customers that buy an E-Class or even he S-Class(?). That makes a difference to have almost like a concierge service in a way.

They really just got to go all out on these cars with features and comfort and luxury while keep undercutting their competition and I think they'll have a place in the market.

Well said, guess will have to see

If they entered into the 3, C, IS crowd..........with a legit price that could seriously be good.

i literally see infiniti, audi, mercedes in this

on point or no?

RFX how do you see this doing in the market?

Yeah the fascia is basically an Audi. The back looks like a blended Mercedes and Jaguar XJ.

Hyundai brings more information to the table regarding its future plans, revealing that the line-up will be comprised of midsize luxury sedans, a large luxury sedan, a super-luxury sedan, a small crossover/SUV, a large luxury SUV, and a sport type coupe model.

Apparently, the flagship G90 will act as a standard for the future automobiles, as the new models will distance themselves from “the technological overload” of their competitors and offer instead a tailored customer experience.

Reports suggested that Hyundai will put its new luxury arm to good use on the SUV segment, and it appears that the Koreans are thinking to give their competition an even harder time with a crossover as well. Moreover, the Coupe body-style Hyundai mentions can very well be based on the Vision G Coupe that debuted at this year’s Pebble Beach event.

Vision G Concept (for reference)
View media item 1823676View media item 1823677

rfx45 rfx45 Have you heard much on the Continental that Lincoln is bringing back? How would you compare it to the G90?

Back
Top Bottom