I hate to be on my fanboy *+$, but this dude Dom body of work is quite impressive.

Originally Posted by 75 Partly Cloudy

Dom's Prayer, Grind'n, When I Come Around, Platinum Chanel, O.P.M., The Ways are all on WESTSIDE II. None of these songs sound the same.

If you never heard my music then you probably like From the Westside, with Love II. If you compare it to the first one I can see why you would say it's not as good. It probably ain't. It's a different album.

Thanks for the post tho. I came in here cause I saw it was about my body of work. I appreciate it

25th Hour 2008

FutureStreet/DrugSounds 2009

Best After Bobby 2009

From the Westside, with Love 2010

The Original Dom Kennedy 2011

From the Westside, with Love II 2011

??? 2011
New Orleans still waiting though.

i just thinking about the quality of his videos when i was running yesterday. Dude is dope and takes pride in putting out quality product. He needs more shine/recognition.
pimp.gif
appreciated

::

I haven't heard all of Dom's albums
but
the song "Me Again" will get plays for the rest of my life

It's that Put-Me-In-A-Reflective-Zone-Music - somehow somber & inspirational at the same time

Idk what you all are talking about, but I think Dom switches up his flow pretty well. One of the main reasons I rock with dude. From Westside with Love II is wack?.............nah, but everyone has their opinion.

By the way, FS/DS is his Illmatic/Reasonable Doubt.

If you live in Cali and don't know about Dom, SMFH! For me WS2 is a CLASSIC.

definitely a fan of Dom K, i been trying to put people on too... but they're slacking on DL'in... might have to start burning CD's
laugh.gif
jk... dude is dope live tho too. i saw him at the key club last month and last fri. in Pomona. both great shows... keep making that cali music man... 
pimp.gif

I take it for what it is to me which is lounging music laid back #$%!. I don't wanna have to decipher every line, but at the same time not feel like I'm losing brain cells when I'm listening to it. Keep up the good work Dom.

I guess I'm the only one really feeling WSWL2, WSWL1 was the album that really made me a fan.

Grind'n
When I Come Around
Come Over
Platinum Chanel
I Love Dom
The Way
2MPH
Dream to Me

Those were all solid bangers to me. I could see why someone would say it is getting repetitive, but for me, I guess its the exact vibe I'm checking for right now. I see cats eff w/ Kendrick, and he's straight, but I'm good off of that militant sound right now. This $$% goes in the whip.

25th Hour 2008

FutureStreet/DrugSounds 2009

Best After Bobby 2009

From the Westside, with Love 2010

The Original Dom Kennedy 2011

From the Westside, with Love II 2011

??? 2011

is it safe to take this as an indication that another project will be coming out this year?

What's your guys favorite mixtape from Dom? About to download Future Street / Drug Sounds right now.

Originally Posted by ZSong

I haven't heard all of Dom's albums
but
the song "Me Again" will get plays for the rest of my life

It's that Put-Me-In-A-Reflective-Zone-Music - somehow somber & inspirational at the same time
Song is prolly one of my top 5 Dom songs ...

[color= rgb(153, 204, 255)]"at 7 sharp i watched mom heat our dinners up, i used to wonder why she never eat dinner much."[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 255)]that whole song is real as hell[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 255)]as for his catalog ... it's very respectable[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 255)]25th, FS/DS, FTWSWL (both) stay in rotation. ESP summer time ... I can count on him to drop the soundtrack to the summer every year ...[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 255)]Didn't care for OGDK much but it wasn't bad ...[/color]

[color= rgb(153, 204, 255)]Could deal w/o BAB minus They Say Im and like two other songs.[/color]

Dom's Prayer, Grind'n, When I Come Around, Platinum Chanel, O.P.M., The Ways are all on WESTSIDE II. None of these songs sound the same.

those tracks are my favorites off WII...all of em are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like FTWSWL better than FTWSWL2, but I still enjoy part two very much.

Part two has a very chilled feeling to it, where you can drive around and jam it all day. I see it as him introducing himself to other people, since he's finally blowing up and all.

My favorite tracks from FTWSWL2 are "Dom's Prayer", "Grind'N", "Platinum Chanel", "I Love Dom" and "2 MPH".
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I've enjoyed all of his work so far and both FTWSWL's have a lot of replay value, IMO.

I'm ready for the show in Houston next month.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

I can't believe 25th Hour came out four years ago.

For real. Especially when most of that tape still stays in steady rotation. Only tape that I don't like as much is FS/DS which always catches flack. FTWWLII has me missing CA like crazy. Being from there and being able to relate to the sound of the music as well as what he's talking about is what makes it my favorite release this year.

DOM has yet to drop a mediocre CD. The WORST CD to his name is The Best After Bobby and that's because it was more laid back than anything and STILL was able to spin.

FS/DS and the first FTWSWL will always be my favourites. FutureStreet if I had to choose I guess.

Boys gone six albums/mixtapes in and everything has been really good, and a good portion of it being exceptionally so. You gotta give it up, that's impressive.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

What's his situation on a major deal?

Or he not even worrying about going that route anymore?

Whoever got the most money, that's who I'm vibin wit'.

Back
Top Bottom